What's new

The WORST Character In The Game - it's a shame for NRS!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Well I am almost positive I was playing after the final patch cause I only played like the 9 months before MK11 was released but it only nullified the clone if you were in range he hit you. I used to get walk back baited into D4ing by Subz all the time. Lol yea and his problems of not having good wake up options were especially on display against blenders like Sub. If even was able to get up from a cornered knock down against a Sub or Sorcerer Quan I considered it a small miracle.
Warrior had a great armored reversal and wake up with his slap but it didn't have a follow up after the last patch. Im guessing that was one of his nerfs cause I saw old combo videos of him just destroying people for like 64 percent off a grab with slef destruct and that slap
Sub's corner game against Predator was extremely devastating. Sub's usual go to was to walk back slightly after the F12 knockdown in the corner before placing the klone so he could potentially get a 50% shatter off the 50/50, while still being able to throw into klone making it a very dangerous 33/33/33, but the problem with that vs Pred was if you chose to go the far klone route, you're very vulnerable to D4, then hes plus, you're eating cancel pressure, and no longer have him cornered. However if you did the close klone and dropped the 33/33/33 and went with the strike or throw into klone 50/50, Predator couldn't do a damn thing. Klone was too close for D4, his gigantic hitbox made jumping worthless, he just had to guess for the duration of the ice klone.

I dont miss MKX as a whole but I do miss the power trip fantasy of when you got your broken setplay rolling lol

xKMMx

Banned
Sub's corner game against Predator was extremely devastating. Sub's usual go to was to walk back slightly after the F12 knockdown in the corner before placing the klone so he could potentially get a 50% shatter off the 50/50, while still being able to throw into klone making it a very dangerous 33/33/33, but the problem with that vs Pred was if you chose to go the far klone route, you're very vulnerable to D4, then hes plus, you're eating cancel pressure, and no longer have him cornered. However if you did the close klone and dropped the 33/33/33 and went with the strike or throw into klone 50/50, Predator couldn't do a damn thing. Klone was too close for D4, his gigantic hitbox made jumping worthless, he just had to guess for the duration of the ice klone.

I dont miss MKX as a whole but I do miss the power trip fantasy of when you got your broken setplay rolling lol
Yea that shit had me on the verge of snapping a controller or two in half before I learned to just slow down and wait for a mistake or at least an inch to breath. Most of the time I'd use D4 ~ ex low laser then run cancel into a full combo if I had the meter. That's if I didn't get frozen by the walk back bait or smashed over the head w his B2. Sub just had so many ways to get a reset with that ICe clone in the corner.
I miss the game to be honest. Its the game that inspired me to learn about the ins and outs of how fighting games are supposed to be played at a more comptetive casual and up level.
Shit was out of control and over the top and that's what I loved about it. I guess you technically say that sub vs HQT match up was balanced in the corner cause once you got the low laser mix up and the cancels going people were completely fucked. The first video I ever posted on YouTube was a teabagger revenge video against a Shinnok player who was on his mic talking shit and tbagging me during our first match. 2nd match and beyond he was raging so hard on his mic and spouting so much scrub in denial salt that his voice cracked a bunch of time.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
It is cannon. That is the why Kitana slashed Shao Kahn in MK11 story mode. Lol, jk!
That is.. shame.... such shame. Shao doesnt won any single battle in story mode in MK11. He is just ragdoll. Mighty emperor of all Outworld, champion, that won all enemies near pyramid with blaze inside... He won mortal kombat in MK9 story mode and crush skull of raiden, the last breathing opponent...
In MK11 he just baraka or reptile in story mode. He just a whipping boy.
Ok, and who emperor now? Maybe, Kotal? No, now, we have strong womans. Say, that 16 bit doesnt affected for this story mode trash (with favorite character Kitana). Say, that is not SJW propoganda. Bullshit.
They humiliated, squelch Shao in story mode, making him just a pathetic creep.
And they hammered the last nail into coffin lid by ignoring 1 year since release, that he is unplayable. Just mash pokes, shao lover

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yes, yes and YES!!REO speaks the truth! ^especially the part about ignoring Shao Kahn, Raiden, Skarlet etc but sure NRS be like "hmm let's ignore those guys who blow in this game and buff characters already good like Kitana" like WTF?! At any rate guys those of you who play Shao Kahn, Raiden or Skarlet let's face it. NRS punked our characters in this game. Kit's damage is broken...lol first they gave her an OP 3rd variation, now they made her FF broken with insane damage, better moves...Kitana totally did not need these buffs, what a waste.

Yousef

Noob
And that buff on block (5 frames ) was the worst idea , and it makes punishing much easier , but it made some plus frames attacks look like a joke

DarkSado

Noob
Yeah but you lose all respect from others and yourself for being a whiney baby face.

Also that NRS buffs lower tiers like every other patch but whining is in the NRS culture as we can see here
Oh man I hope he don't lose any sleep tonight because people on this site don't respect him LMAO!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Love the character, but he drew the short end of the QA stick. I wonder why.
The reason is very simple. The developers have been making subtle changes in order to prevent over-buffing or over-normalizing characters. In previous games, even as recent as Injustice 2, we have witnessed characters make erratic jumps in tiers that negatively affects the meta (i.e., Aquaman, Captain Cold, Deadshot, etc.) So with Mortal Kombat 11, they are being more cautious. Everyone agrees Shao Kahn needs buffs, but nobody agrees on the details. For example, should f+3,4 have no gap, be special-cancelable, and lead to a krushing blow on a counter hit with f+3,4,1+3? Or would all these properties in cohesion make f+3,4 over-powered? If so, which buffs, specifically, do you implement to f+3,4, particularly if you buff other normal attacks as well as strings? Only the developers can answer these questions because they are the only ones who can play and test the game under such hypothetical circumstances.

Wigy

There it is...
Imo.

Make his d1/d3 plus 15 ish
Get rid of the gap on f3 but not special cancelable second hit.
Fix taunt speed

Generally other variations need to a reason to exist right now.

Like they could go here and see how he does. These are the types of changes we should see more frequently with characters who have been d tier for a year. Allowing him to use his mid check more freely and jail his pokes isn't guna turn him into s tier but it's at the very least guna help him compete.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
did you guys see Tom Brady’s video on the new block buffer? (dont know how to embed on mobile)

to sum things up, now if Shao Kahn tries to f34 stagger you (one of the only things he had) a 6 frame d1 (don’t know about 7) can basically OS into punishing the f3 or trading with the f34.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
did you guys see Tom Brady’s video on the new block buffer? (dont know how to embed on mobile)

to sum things up, now if Shao Kahn tries to f34 stagger you (one of the only things he had) a 6 frame d1 (don’t know about 7) can basically OS into punishing the f3 or trading with the f34.
Ha-ha, classic, Shao nerfed. MORE NERFS TO SHAO, MORE BUFFS TO KITANA, 8 BIT!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think in future games, God willing they ditch this multiple variations nonsense per character and just go back to basics like they did with mk 9, and mk 1 through mk 4 and mk vsDC. Even the 3ss games into gave us more options because if we didn't like a style we could switch at the drop of a hat to one better mid match.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
yeah, variations, in most cases, just a ussless waste of resources. Yes, some characters have all 3 variations playable - scorpion, sub-zero, joker, sindel, but most of cast have 1, maximum 2 useful variations

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
i guess i will drop shao kahn now for another very badass boss fighter: SPAWN
even if this means mirror action all day long, as i see many people will follow this great implemented fighter

his
s1=7frames
s2=10frames
s3=12frames

all highs all jail of d1(+15!) d3(+14) on hit
(reminder shao kahns d1 is +10 and his s1 is 9f)

this fighter has a lot of moves you can actually use in situations and i love how easy all his brutals are practical

loyalty to a fighter has limits and its reached now, byebye favourite MK fighter of all time

hope shao kahn will one day get out of his beta status and joins the MK11 roster
(if not, i hope Michael Myers will enter the Mortal Kombat roster with Kombat Pack2)

edit: Shao Kahn still lives while playing SPAWN - "Hell Shao Kahn"

Last edited:
U dont even need to make giant changes to make him good , i dont get it , is it that broken to have his f34 special cancelable ? Is it too strong to add his spear moves to his f12 1+3 kb or his f34 1+3 to be a punish kb like it should be ? It wont make him broken , not even close , just on somewhat same lvl like the rest of the cast .

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I watched the video and no, he's NOT the worst character in the game. That title goes to Raiden.

- Ex Raiden main

xKMMx

Banned
That is.. shame.... such shame. Shao doesnt won any single battle in story mode in MK11. He is just ragdoll. Mighty emperor of all Outworld, champion, that won all enemies near pyramid with blaze inside... He won mortal kombat in MK9 story mode and crush skull of raiden, the last breathing opponent...
Ok, and who emperor now? Maybe, Kotal? No, now, we have strong womans. Say, that 16 bit doesnt affected for this story mode trash (with favorite character Kitana). Say, that is not SJW propoganda. Bullshit.
And they hammered the last nail into coffin lid by ignoring 1 year since release, that he is unplayable. Just mash pokes, shao lover
Oh well? There's other characters?
Its their game and Shao Kahn is like old and tired since his first appearance was in 1993 and its boring AF for him to just keep being the king of bosses 27 years later?

Oh well? There's other characters?
Its their game and Shao Kahn is like old and tired since his first appearance was in 1993 and its boring AF for him to just keep being the king of bosses 27 years later?
I disagree, and so do many others. In the earlier games especially the midway era he was a lot smarter and a far better boss character than this meathead we've been given in 11. He had depth, cunning and strength and deserved is role as big boss.

He sat the last game out, and I agree there's other characters (Dark Raiden plot would have been far better than introducing the complete waste that is Kronika), but including him as a meme in this new era and removing his role the way they did was completely wasteful and disrespectful to the lore. He is still iconic 27 years later.

xKMMx

Banned
I disagree, and so do many others. In the earlier games especially the midway era he was a lot smarter and a far better boss character than this meathead we've been given in 11. He had depth, cunning and strength and deserved is role as big boss.

He sat the last game out, and I agree there's other characters (Dark Raiden plot would have been far better than introducing the complete waste that is Kronika), but including him as a meme in this new era and removing his role the way they did was completely wasteful and disrespectful to the lore. He is still iconic 27 years later.
Yea its their lore though lol. It doesn't belong to any of you guys. Literally some people will just bitch to bitch. 30 or more characters in almost every modern fighting game and people will still make it their cross to bear when the character they like is kinda weak.

Dont wanna be a dick but , if ur gonna bring characters like u brought shao to mk 11 , u might aswell not bring em at all.
I couldnt agree more .