What's new

The Wii-U discussion thread

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It does matter if the masses 'Get It'; That is the whole reason the Wii was so successful in the first place.

You're already saying you're not getting one because you know you're going to get bored of it when you're done with Mario.

There really aren't any other significant launch titles.

Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends were pushed back until the end of the year and Q1 of next year.

Outside of their launch window, the system doesn't really look like it's going to have much of anything significant you can't already get on the X360 and PS3. We'll be waiting until E3 to hear about anything worthwhile.
for WII-U sake they need to have a hella day at E3 this coming June

I love the system because I can do more with it. I don't have to pay extra money to have more fun, They sold what they did, provide me with net and just let me have at it. Not sell me, restrict me, then punish me when i break some fucking "rules". Then I lose money. fuck that shit

My reason for buying the WiiU isn't very applicable. My point is though, theres more you can do with the Wii than you can the 360 and PS3. I'm hoping for the same with the WiiU
It took a couple of years for the hacking community to get the Wii where it is right now.

Initially you had to solder a chip into it, with very tiny solder points.

The same will probably be true for the new system initially.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
BTW man i went into gamestop today to look for a VITA title

NOTHING

where are all the good vita games?
I honestly believe handheld gaming devices are dead... well should be.

and iPad/iPhone now has high quality games like Bastion, Boulders Gate Enhanced Edition, FF3 (one of the only good ds games), LostWinds (only good title I played on the Wii)... the list goes on.

On vita I own MK, Uncharted, and Assassin's Creed. I could only recommend MK to someone and not lose any sleep over it.

Flagg

Noob
Paying $10 for DLC is a little different than $200 to be able to play with a brother

Also frame rate is everything to me.....LBSH for a community that complains so much about net code and frame rate online for MK9, i think perfect dark ran at like 12 FPS lol PC shooters shoot for what 30? 40?

Lets face the facts: Perfect dark and golden eye were games the N64 wasnt prepared to handle properly
Cmon man, it's 2012.....Perfect Dark was what, mid 90's? MK 2 and SF II had loads of reduced frames for the SNES versions, that did not stop the two games being HUUUUGE hits on the SNES.

A PC using Direct X 10 completely wipes the floor with PS3 and 360 games in terms of presentation, and we're on Direct X 11 now. Even Direct X 9 looks better than some 360 and PS3 games.

How can you say Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were bad games when they clearly werent and were in fact, hugely popular.

Ask most people that have owned a n64, what game they remember the most, 9/10 they will say Goldeneye.

Yes, Quake had a much better multiplayer, but you had to go to internet cafes to enjoy that....Goldeneye required one game, one tv, and four pads.

Pig Of The Hut

I honestly believe handheld gaming devices are dead... well should be.

and iPad/iPhone now has high quality games like Bastion, Boulders Gate Enhanced Edition, FF3 (one of the only good ds games), LostWinds (only good title I played on the Wii)... the list goes on.

On vita I own MK, Uncharted, and Assassin's Creed. I could only recommend MK to someone and not lose any sleep over it.
im considering black ops or AC3

No go?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
It took a couple of years for the hacking community to get the Wii where it is right now.

Initially you had to solder a chip into it, with very tiny solder points.

The same will probably be true for the new system initially.
nonsense, the Twilight Hack came out around system menu 3.4, which was in 08. Wii came out in 07. About a year, and with the twilight hack you can easily add the homebrew channel, as well as many other games because the hack software was very similar to the gamecube stuff, which worked really well on the Wii until the Wii hack software had its shit updated.

Like the genesis emulator was very similar to the gamecube one, but only had minor changelogs from what I remember.

Pig Of The Hut

Cmon man, it's 2012.....Perfect Dark was what, mid 90's? MK 2 and SF II had loads of reduced frames for the SNES versions, that did not stop the two games being HUUUUGE hits on the SNES.

A PC using Direct X 10 completely wipes the floor with PS3 and 360 games in terms of presentation, and we're on Direct X 11 now. Even Direct X 9 looks better than some 360 and PS3 games.

How can you say Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were bad games when they clearly werent and were in fact, hugely popular.

Ask most people that have owned a n64, what game they remember the most, 9/10 they will say Goldeneye.

Yes, Quake had a much better multiplayer, but you had to go to internet cafes to enjoy that....Goldeneye required one game, one tv, and four pads.
They were great games that played very poorly on a poor system that on launch couldnt handle its launch titles hence its delays

Pig Of The Hut

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2009/11/sin_and_punishment_team_talks_n64_development_hell

Please read that and continue googling "n64 terrible to develop for"

It was a nightmare i remember

even when i was enjoying it i remember constantly reading how 3rd party developers were sick and tired of nintendo's crap

ryublaze

Noob
Only thing I use my wii for is netflix and super mario 64.

Definitely not going to buy a whole new nintendo system lol.
I use my Wii for Netflix too lol cuz of the wiimote.

IMO Nintendo needs to stop making Pokemon and Mario games. I wish they'd made something like Metroid Prime Hunters 2 for the Wii.

Flagg

Noob
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2009/11/sin_and_punishment_team_talks_n64_development_hell

Please read that and continue googling "n64 terrible to develop for"

It was a nightmare i remember

even when i was enjoying it i remember constantly reading how 3rd party developers were sick and tired of nintendo's crap
I am aware of how difficult the system was to develop for, it's probably one of the reasons Square'Soft' as it was known then, left Nintendo for Sony.

Mario Kart 64 was never that good on the eye, BUT the fun factor was there. I mean, it was the chance to play FOUR PLAYER MARIO KART, which was something not to be missed. Fun first.

People forget about that. However, i'm pretty sure the N64 pad was the first to use analogue sticks, which still remains today.

"For a machine that didn't work at all, there sure were a lot of amazing games made for it."

Pig Of The Hut

I am aware of how difficult the system was to develop for, it's probably one of the reasons Square'Soft' as it was known then, left Nintendo for Sony.

Mario Kart 64 was never that good on the eye, BUT the fun factor was there. I mean, it was the chance to play FOUR PLAYER MARIO KART, which was something not to be missed. Fun first.

People forget about that. However, i'm pretty sure the N64 pad was the first to use analogue sticks, which still remains today.

"For a machine that didn't work at all, there sure were a lot of amazing games made for it."
yea amazing games were made that didnt run well

thats my point and most had to be scaled back due to hardware limitations and problems

nonsense, the Twilight Hack came out around system menu 3.4, which was in 08. Wii came out in 07. About a year, and with the twilight hack you can easily add the homebrew channel, as well as many other games because the hack software was very similar to the gamecube stuff, which worked really well on the Wii until the Wii hack software had its shit updated.

Like the genesis emulator was very similar to the gamecube one, but only had minor changelogs from what I remember.
Buy one in about a year and a half then since you'll primarily be using it as a hacked device.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Buy one in about a year and a half then since you'll primarily be using it as a hacked device.
in the mean time I'm gonna import the already hacked wii game channels that I have from my wii and Zombie U.

Probably injustice ;) LOL OK, JOKES. NOT TROLLING THAT FAR.

TLDR for that article.

Microsoft/Sony were approached by a Motion Control inventor/patent holder, and they turned down the offer. Apparently Nintendo was/is failing as a console maker. The company was sinking. Nintendo were going under reconstruction of the company, and in desperation Nintendo buys the idea of Motion Control, in conclusion the Wii I guess, saved Nintendo from failure and helped sell 100 million consoles.