What's new

The Wake Up Attack and AA explanation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aquaman does not have "mad pressure", he also does not have continuous offense. snip
Ever used his F1? Here is the deal with Aquaman's F1: It is 7 frames +3 on block, hits mid AND out ranges his D1. F1 can go into his overhead or his DB1 or into the overhead followed by the DB1. If you manage to get away blocking all that and try to punish you will get too know mr. Aqua's trait. No punish for you. Oh but then you want to throw right? I don't think anybody will be throwing Fishman cause tech is done on reaction and it is even easier if he has the trait on and is expecting you to throw punish.

Back to his F1 it's a nightmare to be poked with. It can't be counter poked either which leads to the next problem. Walking away from Aquaman. Here is where you will eat his B1 most of the time. You will think it's safe but it won't be and the guessing game begins once again. Nobody really knows when Aquaman will cut his strings into the scoop and he can also block confirm into those stupid stabs. You could backdash I guess and you will meet those ground tridents. Ok let's push block that fish stick away now comes another question. Approaching from the ground is a big problem lets try the air. Wrong again. D2 will own your ass. All of those wrong choices will lead to over 40 percent of your life gone with meter. I forgot his JB2 and he can cross you over easily with Ji3. Tom how dare you downplay Aquabreath. People beg for your buffs.
Tom, a retort?

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
So why doesn't Shazam have an anti air? He's not safe on anything and has no zoning. And wake ups.
I'm pretty sure it's because his oki is insane, and so is his rushdown if you play him properly. He has good high low up close, and even an instant overhead. I think Shazam having a defense would make him pretty nuts, though I can see why it bothers you this early in the game. You can whiff punish jump ins if you read teleport before the jump, or air to air 2. Characters with a lot of momentum tend to not have great anti airs. (Bison, Abel) Hopefully that explains it. I still feel you on the Shazam though. I feel like he could be a little bit better than he is right now, though it's still very early in the game's lifespan.

What is the frame that you should input the wake ups? Like its aggravating cause the visual cues don't always work for me.
I'm having the same problem with Green Arrow. Everytime I input the Stinger move (BF3) it never comes out and I keep getting pummeled on wakeup for trying. The only one that works for me is DB2 but that gets stuffed easily. The slide BF3 just wont come out consistently. I've hit the training room for hours and no matter how much I practice the timing I can't get it consistently.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
wheres the part that explains why wakeups are soooo damn inconsistent in this game and neeeeeeeeever come out... like seriously whats with making it so difficult to get wakeups.. theyre punishable already, i shouldnt have to make it a 50/50 of whether it comes out or i just stand there like an idiot and get full combo punished cus my wakeupdidnt come out

On Anti-Air:
I hear so much complaining from people about anti-air. Usually its from one of two places..
1. people that play ridiculous safe rush down characters.
2. people that play ridiculous safe keep away characters.
nice answer. What if, a ridiculous safe rush down character jumps on a char with weak AAs?

wheres the part that explains why wakeups are soooo damn inconsistent in this game and neeeeeeeeever come out... like seriously whats with making it so difficult to get wakeups.. theyre punishable already, i shouldnt have to make it a 50/50 of whether it comes out or i just stand there like an idiot and get full combo punished cus my wakeupdidnt come out
According to the pros, us scrubs that can't properly time a wakeup attack should go "practice" and quit whining. I've literally spent more than 6 hours in the training room just practicing the timing of the stinger wakeup attack. I can't get it to work consistently. The only way I can get it to work is by techrolling first then doing the slide. The game still says/registers wakeup attack even though I techrolled, so I'm sure it loses what little invincibility it had. In matches I don;t use wakeup attacks or try anymore because everytime I do, I get full combo punished for trying to wakeup attack and having my character just stand there like an idiot.

Ever used his F1? Here is the deal with Aquaman's F1: It is 7 frames +3 on block, hits mid AND out ranges his D1. F1 can go into his overhead or his DB1 or into the overhead followed by the DB1. If you manage to get away blocking all that and try to punish you will get too know mr. Aqua's trait. No punish for you. Oh but then you want to throw right? I don't think anybody will be throwing Fishman cause tech is done on reaction and it is even easier if he has the trait on and is expecting you to throw punish.

Back to his F1 it's a nightmare to be poked with. It can't be counter poked either which leads to the next problem. Walking away from Aquaman. Here is where you will eat his B1 most of the time. You will think it's safe but it won't be and the guessing game begins once again. Nobody really knows when Aquaman will cut his strings into the scoop and he can also block confirm into those stupid stabs. You could backdash I guess and you will meet those ground tridents. Ok let's push block that fish stick away now comes another question. Approaching from the ground is a big problem lets try the air. Wrong again. D2 will own your ass. All of those wrong choices will lead to over 40 percent of your life gone with meter. I forgot his JB2 and he can cross you over easily with Ji3. Tom how dare you downplay Aquabreath. People beg for your buffs.

Tom, a retort?
This guy does not know all the holes in AM like I do.

say you are fighting Green Lantern.

1. F+1 is +3, you go to follow up with D+1/another F+1.. Guess what? Unless the F+1 is blocked at point blank range you can MB B+3, and its a single hit launcher so forget trait to save yourself there.

2. Ok.. How about F+13. Its +2 on block.. wait... the same MB B+3 that blew up your D1 follow up also interrupts the F+13 string. Again, single hit launch.

3. Ok..okokokok.. F+1~scoop. AH HA!!! Now that will beat the MB B+3. HOWEVER, you can EASILY fuzzy block the F+13/F+1~scoop mix up.. AAAND GL will punish scoop with? YUP.. Lift.. again, another single hit launch.

4. You can use F+13 and mix that up with F+1 then B+12 which will beat the fuzzy block.. BUT.. GL can just MB B+3 and beat out both options with a SINGLE HIT LAUNCHER.

SO... GL can ALWAYS MB B+3 and beat EVERY 50/50 mix up option after F+1 besides F+1~scoop, which is punished by a lift which AM cannot use trait to escape. Yes.. AM can counter your MB B+3 with his own MB B+3 after you activate you armor, but then GL will just attack as you wait to counter is MB attack. You counter that by doing something that cannot be interrupted, which goes back to you getting punished if the GL player knows what to do when you dont want to be interrupted. You can always BD to bait out a MB attack, but then he can just lift you or B+13 you as you BD...

Looks to me like a mix up where BOTH characters have options and BOTH characters are unsafe.

Is GL the ONLY character that does this? NO.. the whole cast can universally interrupt with MB B+3 and at least half the cast can punish scoop.

Learn how to exploit holes in things rather than fooling yourself to seeing a solid object w/o flaws.

This is what guys like Juggs talk about all the time. People sit around, not looking for counters or holes in things themselves. They wait for the top tourney players to do it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

1. F+1 is +3, you go to follow up with D+1.. Guess what? MB B+3, and its a single hit launcher so forget trait to save yourself there.

It takes about 5 frames for a MB b+3 to activate. Meaning this should not be possible and I cannot get it to work in training mode.

The Gabriel

Mean Man

1. F+1 is +3, you go to follow up with D+1.. Guess what? MB B+3, and its a single hit launcher so forget trait to save yourself there.

2. Ok.. How about F+13. Its +2 on block.. wait... the same MB B+3 that blew up your D1 follow up also interrupts the F+13 string. Again, single hit launch.

3. Ok..okokokok.. F+1~scoop. AH HA!!! Now that will beat the MB B+3. HOWEVER, you can EASILY fuzzy block the F+13/F+1~scoop mix up.. AAAND GL will punish scoop with? YUP.. Lift.. again, another single hit launch.

4. You can use F+13 and mix that up with F+1 then B+12 which will beat the fuzzy block.. BUT.. GL can just MB B+3 and beat out both options with a SINGLE HIT LAUNCHER.

SO... GL can ALWAYS MB B+3 and beat EVERY mix up option after F+1 besides F+1~scoop, which is punished by a lift which AM cannot use trait to escape. Yes.. AM can counter your MB B+3 with his own MB B+3 after you activate you armor, but then GL will just attack as you wait to counter is MB attack. You counter that by doing something that cannot be interrupted, which goes back to you getting punished if the GL player knows what to do when you dont want to be interrupted. You can always BD to bait out a MB attack, but then he can just lift you or B+13 you as you BD...

Looks to me like a mix up where BOTH characters have options and BOTH characters are unsafe.

Is GL the ONLY character that does this? NO.. the whole cast can universally interrupt with MB B+3 and at least half the cast can punish scoop.

Learn how to exploit holes in things rather than fooling yourself to seeing a solid object w/o flaws. Things people think have no holes have huge ones.

Solid how dare you not do your homework before you accuse me of downplaying. This is what guys like Juggs talk about all the time. People sit around, not looking for counters or holes in things themselves. They wait for the top tourney players to do it.
If you have to burn meter just to deal with a normal........yeah

GamerBlake90

Mods... no matter how I try to explain, people will just always complain that they want an easier way to deal with something, more tools for their character, other characters need less tools, etc etc...

Just close the thread and move it in the neatherrealm.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
GamerBlake90

Mods... no matter how I try to explain, people will just always complain that they want an easier way to deal with something, more tools for their character, other characters need less tools, etc etc...

Just close the thread and move it in the neatherrealm.
There will always be those who prefer the easier route. Remember, a lot of these members are new and are being tested to adapt or just drop it all. They still gotta learn the ropes.

Others who have been with us here for longer, yeah...I can't really understand them sometimes.

Thread closed at author's request. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.