What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

1 block 2 interactable
3 stanceswitch 4 throw

I don't use the throw button instead I press 1+3. My reason for this is because I use default controls for KI and I didn't want to mess up my muscle memory too much. This way throwing is the same for both games for me and uppercut is also the same combination for me. It also makes my block button pretty central and easy to access for meterburn.

I discovered early on that the default controls where conflicting with my KI muscle memory. Since you probably don't have that given you just got yours it'll probably be no big deal. I also prefer to have block on one of my stronger fingers.

Train

Noob
hey guys, I am planing to get Ps4, and I would like to know if I can use my ps3/pc fighstick for MKX? I read that Netherrealm allowed ps3 hitbox (so I guess it's same for fightsticks) to be able to play MK X.
Can somoene confirm / deny this ? thanks

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
yes, most likely. Which one do you have? And just FYI you do need a DS4 controller to sync up with the "legacy stick" to make it work.

Train

Noob
Hello, I have Qanba Q4RAF.
How do I sync it up ? I have connected it, but it doesn't work :(

edit: my hitbox is working fine, but my fightstick is not working. Got this error message: "Cannot use wireless controllers for the PlayStation 3 system". It's a wired fightstick, I don't understand this error. help plz

Last edited:

Train

Noob
guys, anyone else with this problem? I was searching for some help online, but no success :( anyone with tips ? thanks

FlappyDaniel

Im not sure, my Qanba Q1 worked with ps4 controller plugged in, if you still have the hitbox on then it's using the one PS4 controller..... yes you need one controller per stick/hitbox, it's the stupidest thing ever.

Train

Noob
well I removed my hitbox...and still can't get my fightstick to work....
Did you Q1 get insta recnognized by the system ? my hitbox did.. i just have to press "ok" button with my joystick.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Do you have your ps4 pad synced and the game running when you connected it?

FlappyDaniel

well I removed my hitbox...and still can't get my fightstick to work....
Did you Q1 get insta recnognized by the system ? my hitbox did.. i just have to press "ok" button with my joystick.
yes it was just plug and play with a DS4 already turned on. it just recognized it as a legacy controller or whatever.

Train

Noob
Do you have your ps4 pad synced and the game running when you connected it?
Yes I did, but still go this message: "Cannot use wireless controllers for the PlayStation 3 system"
There are 4 numbers at the top of the fightstick blinking red (1 2 3 4), and if I press "home" button, they stop blinking and still nothing.. can't do anything more...

Why does PS4 have signal that I connected WIRELESS controller ? I rly don't get it...

I did the same process for my Hitbox and it's working fine.. bah...

C-Sword

Noob
Yes I did, but still go this message: "Cannot use wireless controllers for the PlayStation 3 system"
There are 4 numbers at the top of the fightstick blinking red (1 2 3 4), and if I press "home" button, they stop blinking and still nothing.. can't do anything more...

Why does PS4 have signal that I connected WIRELESS controller ? I rly don't get it...

I did the same process for my Hitbox and it's working fine.. bah...
Cause your fightstick emulates a PS3 controller, it is detected as a DualShock 3, only arcade sticks that work are the ones that are detected as generic usb controllers.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I play MK, AE, and Injustice on Hitbox. I love it, so much better than pad. 360s and 720s are hard though.
i hate sticks, i like ps4 pad for example + his mobility but i am really curious about the hitbox, this looks awesome and there is no analog stick, so i want ask you there are hitboxes working for ps4 and one and the 2nd problem that i live in France and think that hitbox site dont ship it for europe

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So i'm tired of playing on pad, really tired. i'm literally holding myself back by playing on any pad vs using hitbox, to the point where i dont want to play MKX unless i can use my hitbox. now i will still be going to CB and TCW and such but wont have the extra funds to mod my hitbox for use on the ps4 and xbox one. currently i have a ps360+ inside my hitbox but when ever i use PS mode by holding 1 or square down i get random disconnections all the time. this does not happen when i just plug in my stick in a ps3 or xbox 360 without holding any button down at all. i have the latest firmware update for the board, my hitbox even works as a ps4 controller for about 5 minutes before ps4 does its check to verify it or whatever it does. my question is does anyone else have the same problem for the ps360+ boards?

is there a fix?
any work around?
by ECT i will have extra money to mod it for both which is like over $250 from gummo but is there anything i can do now so it doesn't disconnect? also im using a RJ45 cord inside because the mini USB port inside is messed up from what gummo told me at last years ECT.

@chemist4hire
@Mikemetroid
any hitbox players experiencing the same thing?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you've updated to the most recent firmware, you can do a soft reset by pressing 2 buttons (can't remeber, I'll check when I get home; I think it's r2 or r1 + the middle button on the back). I just do it after stage selection and between matches. Otherwise it will disconnect every 8 minutes.

I don't press any buttons to go into "PS Mode".

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
If you've updated to the most recent firmware, you can do a soft reset by pressing 2 buttons (can't remeber, I'll check when I get home; I think it's r2 or r1 + the middle button on the back). I just do it after stage selection and between matches. Otherwise it will disconnect every 8 minutes.

I don't press any buttons to go into "PS Mode".
woah wait i'll try that, if you can give me the correct button combo that would be awesome.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The button you want to press for the soft reset is select + 3K (3rd button on the right, bottom row) then you press the home button after and choose a profile. Your Hitbox will disconnect every 8 minutes and will take ~2 seconds in total to reset it. I'd reccomend you do the reset after every game.