What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's great for keyboard players, which is actually the best controller for UMK3 if I'm not mistaken.

Very interested, cant count the number of matches I've lost because raiden ducks then jumps instead of teleports, scorp ground fires instead of uppercuts etc.

My happ buttons are on the way I just need to find a nice wood box and I'll build one.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ive got a dual system one on backorder. Hoping they get the boards for em soon. Got to mess around with one the other day, though, holy hell they're badass!

-b_s- :headbang:

Ive got a dual system one on backorder. Hoping they get the boards for em soon. Got to mess around with one the other day, though, holy hell they're badass!

Did you play MK9 with it or a Capcom title? If so how was it with MK9, any short comings?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Mk9. Overall it was pretty sweet, however, I could see where its not for everyone. Biggest thing I see having to get used to is obviously the directions, and the coordination between the digits on both hands.(dbf motion is a little weird) But I only played a little with it so I can only say so much. It is in a sf layout on the right side, so that's pretty sweet, but again, will take some practice and experimentation with presets till I find what's most comfortable. Overall, as an old school PC CounterStrike/Team Fortress guy, and musician, it just felt right to me. Best advice I can give is to try a keyboard out and see how IT feels. If you turn out to dig that input style, i say go for it.

Side note, gonna be changing my order to the ps3 only version so I can get it sooner. When I do, I will put up some videos of it in action once I'm up to speed with it.

Sounds good. I'm a lefty. For pc keyboard gaming I've always used the arrow keys for movement and repmapped the keys around those. If I actually got a hitbox I would probably get a custom built with the buttons flipped so my right hand would control movement. That's how I've done it since DOOM on pc.

My buttons have yet to show up, but, does anyone know if the directions will cancel eachother out etc just like the hitbox in the videos if I just solder wires to a madcatz pad?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I've been following this 'stickless stick' for a little while now and have decided that I want to try it out, possibly build one. I've tinkered around inside my SF4 TE stick a bit, and also with my PDP TE stick, but I've never built one from scratch. Does anyone know of a tutorial, or even just a list of parts that would be a good starting place for me to start planning my build. Or, if anyone is planning to build one like this, what parts are you planning to use?

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I wanna build one myself. Only problem im having is to find the 24mm on this third world country.
I do have an enquiry regarding enhaced moves...have no idea where to put what.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I wanna build one myself. Only problem im having is to find the 24mm on this third world country.
I do have an enquiry regarding enhaced moves...have no idea where to put what.
This is just from browsing in the lizard lick link http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-Pushbuttons_c_152.html. There are 24mm buttons there, but I'm not sure where you are ordering from and what trouble there would be with that.

About your question about enhanced moves, are you asking for opinions on if to use a classic MK style button layout or SF? I guess I'm not sure what you are asking.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
This is just from browsing in the lizard lick link http://www.lizardlick.com/Sanwa-Pushbuttons_c_152.html. There are 24mm buttons there, but I'm not sure where you are ordering from and what trouble there would be with that.

About your question about enhanced moves, are you asking for opinions on if to use a classic MK style button layout or SF? I guess I'm not sure what you are asking.
SF layout. Just curious since I've never used a proper stick before.

That's not the problem with the buttons. Im getting a stick built for me, but the dude has no idea wether his buttons are 30, 24 or 35mm. He says it's diameter is 33mm(just measured it), but I have no idea about what he means or the way arcadebuttons are measured. He's got no sizes or anything, so i'm worried his buttons are all 30 or 35mm and end up being too big for my hands, so I won't be able to switch to 24mm ones since the hole will be too big for them. I'm assuming I'll end up changing the buttons since his are some chinese junk.

As for buying them off lizardlick. Well, that's what I'm planning to do, but I have yet to first get the stick and then the pusbuttons. I live in Perú so Im guessing the shipping will be about 30 to 40US$(could be less) and may come in 2-3 weeks. So yeah, I gotta get everything in mind first, but getting the right button size is a pain in the ass on a third world country.

aj1701

Noob
Mk9. Overall it was pretty sweet, however, I could see where its not for everyone. Biggest thing I see having to get used to is obviously the directions, and the coordination between the digits on both hands.(dbf motion is a little weird) But I only played a little with it so I can only say so much. It is in a sf layout on the right side, so that's pretty sweet, but again, will take some practice and experimentation with presets till I find what's most comfortable. Overall, as an old school PC CounterStrike/Team Fortress guy, and musician, it just felt right to me. Best advice I can give is to try a keyboard out and see how IT feels. If you turn out to dig that input style, i say go for it.

Side note, gonna be changing my order to the ps3 only version so I can get it sooner. When I do, I will put up some videos of it in action once I'm up to speed with it.

Hey Beef, would you mind doing a review once you get? This appeals to me because I work on computers, so I have no problems using both hands to hit some buttons.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Hey Beef, would you mind doing a review once you get? This appeals to me because I work on computers, so I have no problems using both hands to hit some buttons.
I'll will do a full review/video thread, that's when I Ever do get it. Still have yet to hear back as to whether its ready or not. But yall will be the first to know. Anyone know if these guys are on TYM? would like to chat with em about the ps3 versions availability.

aj1701

Noob
Ya, I'm curious too. Sounds like PS3s are going out "fairly quick" as they mention they have supply problems holding up the xbox.

I wonder which will arrive first, my AIAB stick or your hitbox. :)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Only time will tell. Im gonna go ahead n wait out the dual system one, so my money is on your stick.

eks

Noob
The greens are left/down/right/up. The group of for are attacks - 3214. The bottom red is switch-stance/run and the far right button is block. I figured if I'm gonna mess with the layout of the stick, I might as well experiment with the entire thing. It works pretty good once you get used to it. It's really nice in MKII and UMK3 when you're using Liu and Jax cause you can easily hold LK with your pinky. Being able to do ducking left/right movements is really nice in MK9, especially with Reptile.

Oh, and they're 24mm. Got like 16 buttons from some dude on eBay for $22.

aj1701

Noob
I think there's another one like yours in the Stick Thread. So how od you like this? Easier to dial the movements over using a stick?

Pagan

Noob
If not a hitbox I would like to get ahold of SOMETHING like it to play with. It would make some things that are difficult on both controller and pad a breeze.

eks

Noob
I think there's another one like yours in the Stick Thread. So how od you like this? Easier to dial the movements over using a stick?
It's pretty good. I like being able to duck and use the L/R movements easily. You can be pretty deceptive. The over-all control is definitely more precise and dashing is great, too. You can go across the entire screen in half of a second if you couple a dash with his Elbow Dash.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
The greens are left/down/right/up. The group of for are attacks - 3214. The bottom red is switch-stance/run and the far right button is block. I figured if I'm gonna mess with the layout of the stick, I might as well experiment with the entire thing. It works pretty good once you get used to it. It's really nice in MKII and UMK3 when you're using Liu and Jax cause you can easily hold LK with your pinky. Being able to do ducking left/right movements is really nice in MK9, especially with Reptile.

Oh, and they're 24mm. Got like 16 buttons from some dude on eBay for $22.
16 buttons for $22? I gotta see that.

eks

Noob
16 buttons for $22? I gotta see that.
He had them up for $25 plus $5 shipping and when nobody bid on it, he relisted them for $20 plus $5 shipping. Sent him a message for $20 shipped and he countered with the $18 plus $5 shipping. Was several months ago, so the auction isn't viewable anymore. I think it was 14 buttons, too.