What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

qNEKT

Noob
Is anyone using this for Injustice? If so, how is it? Did you purchase your hitbox for Injustice, or did you use it for MK before? Did you try the Hitbox for Injustice and was like "Nah, this is bad"

I'm close to buying a Hitbox, I have a TE stick for my Xbox 360 that I used for MK. But I'm playing Injustice on PS3, since I don't really want to use the TE stick for Injustice anyway, and the pad is so much better on PS3 than Xbox 360.

So, would appreciate some responds from people using / tested the hitbox for various games (especially Injustice)

Cheers from Sweden!

PRS

Xbl: dem0neyes
Friend of mine had a chance to try one at the weekly he goes to and told me it makes IAFB for cyborg extremely easy and he might get one just for this game

qNEKT

Noob
Friend of mine had a chance to try one at the weekly he goes to and told me it makes IAFB for cyborg extremely easy and he might get one just for this game
Did he have trouble learning to play with the hitbox, since down is up and vice versa?

Sounds cool, might get one next month.

PRS

Did he have trouble learning to play with the hitbox, since down is up and vice versa?

Sounds cool, might get one next month.
Said it he sat in training mode for a half hour adjusting and it still felt a little strange but its worth the learning curve. Id imagine if you owned one it would probably just take a session at home in training to adjust.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Bought it whilst playing MK. I now use it for every fighter I play. It is neat once you get used to it.

qNEKT

Noob
I play on hitbox and got it just for injustice, and i love it.
Did you play on a pad or a stick before getting the hitbox?

What made you love the hitbox? The fact that it got easier to execute certain moves? Or that it's just more fun to use than a pad / stick?

Bought it whilst playing MK. I now use it for every fighter I play. It is neat once you get used to is.
Same here, did you use a pad or a stick before the hitbox?

Komatose

The Prettiest

What made you love the hitbox? The fact that it got easier to execute certain moves? Or that it's just more fun to use than a pad / stick?

Same here, did you use a pad or a stick before the hitbox?
Used to use a stick a while back but it was a really cheap one so I went back to pad. Then I bought a Hit Box and used it ever since.

I played on pad before getting it, and I love it because once you become comfortable with the controls, it becomes much much easier to play reactionary. Also your execution will step up tremendously, and dbf motions will be a lot easier, d1 cancels become easier, instant air moves become easier.

And it's way more fun than pad.

qNEKT

Noob
Thanks for all the answers guys.

One more thing tho, is Hitbox banned from tournaments? Not that I'm planning on being in one, but I haven't seen a single Hitbox on stream.

PRS

Thanks for all the answers guys.

One more thing tho, is Hitbox banned from tournaments? Not that I'm planning on being in one, but I haven't seen a single Hitbox on stream.
Ive never been to or seen a tournament that has banned the hitbox

Hitboxes are not banned at tournaments, or at least not at majors. At NCR I was able to speak with the brothers who invented it, and a player they sponsored for Marvel who was using it. A hitbox is probably the most efficient way to play MK. Not sure about Injustice. I'm even used to using it for Street Fighter since I got my start on a keyboard.

By the way, if you guys own a hitbox and love it, be sure to send your thanks and love to those guys! They don't communicate enough with their consumers and it's refreshing for them to hear that people love their product :)

Komatose

The Prettiest
I played on pad before getting it, and I love it because once you become comfortable with the controls, it becomes much much easier to play reactionary. Also your execution will step up tremendously, and dbf motions will be a lot easier, d1 cancels become easier, instant air moves become easier.

And it's way more fun than pad.
Yeah I forgot to mention, it does step up your execution game a tremendous amount.

qNEKT

Noob
Alright.
I'll for sure get a hitbox asap, just hate waiting for stuff to arrive.

I bet it'll take a while for them to ship from them to Sweden :c

qNEKT

Noob
Yeah I forgot to mention, it does step up your execution game a tremendous amount.
I can understand that, after watching people using the Hitbox for Kabal's NDC's and stuff like that. I'm not a bad player on Pad, and I usually don't drop combos. Except for Harley's Play Doctor and Shazam's command grab. And I can imagine dbf motions will become easier on the Hitbox.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I can understand that, after watching people using the Hitbox for Kabal's NDC's and stuff like that. I'm not a bad player on Pad, and I usually don't drop combos. Except for Harley's Play Doctor and Shazam's command grab. And I can imagine dbf motions will become easier on the Hitbox.
They are still hard imo, but still easier to do than on pad. In my experience, anyway.

qNEKT

Noob
They are still hard imo, but still easier to do than on pad. In my experience, anyway.
Well, since you have one finger on each button it seems like it's going to be easier on the Hitbox instead of having too roll your thumb all over the D-pad.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Is anyone using this for Injustice? If so, how is it? Did you purchase your hitbox for Injustice, or did you use it for MK before? Did you try the Hitbox for Injustice and was like "Nah, this is bad"

I'm close to buying a Hitbox, I have a TE stick for my Xbox 360 that I used for MK. But I'm playing Injustice on PS3, since I don't really want to use the TE stick for Injustice anyway, and the pad is so much better on PS3 than Xbox 360.

So, would appreciate some responds from people using / tested the hitbox for various games (especially Injustice)

Cheers from Sweden!
I use a Hitbox to play, and I love it. You just have so much precise control over your inputs, it's glorious. It does take some getting used to, but I've been using mine for a few months and don't even think about it anymore. The guys who run the company are also awesome, and they've got great customer service. The big things you have to get used to are hitting the "jump" button with your right thumb, and knowing that releasing a directional input is just as important as pushing one. For instance, if I'm doing Cyborg's iafb's (bf1) and I don't release the b before hitting the f1, it won't come out because b+f=neutral. But overall, definitely worth it. Grab the ps-360 version and you'll be set for any an all tournaments you attend.

Goldi

Noob
I love my Hitbox(es)! So gentle on my hands and fingers compared to a pad. I was about to give myself callouses before I found them lol. Anyway, I hated it so much I wanted to smash the poor thing the first 2 weeks lol but I was too stubborn to give up. Now I can't play without it.

But you should be fine. :) I went to.. Pretty much every major last year (WB, FR, power up, NEC, Summer Jam, EVO, the MLG events, and I'm still forgetting some) even Mexico and never saw them banned. The very first few hitboxes allowed a game that used the back to block thing to hold down both directions and block attacks without having to guess I think. But it only happened in one game and they fixed the glitch quickly on new models to keep their controllers tourney legal.

Funny, at SCR this year a rep from Hitbox Arcade actually told me it was the MKC that made their product so popular and thanked me for using it. <3

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I've used a Hitbox for the past year and a half and the only game I couldn't play was Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. But that game is trash :)

Heaton

NO MONEY DOWN
Hitboxes are wonderful and I love mine. Got it for Calibur, but haven't found a game I couldn't use it in yet. I've play it extensively in Calibur, Tekken, P4A, SF3/4, VF5, DOA5...it works beautifully for all of them. No problems whatsoever.

Sami

Noob
and knowing that releasing a directional input is just as important as pushing one. For instance, if I'm doing Cyborg's iafb's (bf1) and I don't release the b before hitting the f1, it won't come out because b+f=neutral.
Am I right in thinking you can still be slightly lazy and do:

1) hold b. hitbox sends b
2) hold f. hitbox sends neutral
3) release b. hitbox sends f as f is still held down
4) press 1

The game should still see bf1. If course if you don't release B before pressing 1 then it'll blow up in your face.