What's new

The TYM "Injustice 2 Combo Standard"

Should TYM regulate the positing of combos in Injustice 2?

• Total voters
I'm fairly certain that even without gear, each character has a different health pool, much like Street Fighter. So basically, what we should be doing is finding out who has the smallest health pool and the largest health pool, then perform the combo on both of them and post the range of damage. i.e. 397-428 damage or whatever it works out to.
No I get that. But you don't need a percentage notation if it's like street fighter. You just need damage dealt. 50hp is 50hp Eben if the two characters start worth different hp totals. The real question is will this bizarre "defense" Stat persist in competitive. If so that is the only thing that screws up boating damage consistently and easily.

REYTHEGREAT

How about something like this.

Scarecrow
No Gear Combos
List combos here

Gear Combos
List combos here

All in the same thread just split the combos.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
How about something like this.

Scarecrow
No Gear Combos
List combos here

Gear Combos
List combos here

All in the same thread just split the combos.
The only issue with that is how much space it would take up. Not a huge issue but check out my formatting post near the top of page 2. Now imagine you've got that entire post once for regular moves, then again for combos with gear-special-1, then again for combos with gear-special 2, then again with combos with gear special 1 and 2, and so on. Hell, if a character had 4 gear moves, you could end up with 256(!) iterations of gear-based combo sections for that 1 character.

REYTHEGREAT

The only issue with that is how much space it would take up. Not a huge issue but check out my formatting post near the top of page 2. Now imagine you've got that entire post once for regular moves, then again for combos with gear-special-1, then again for combos with gear-special 2, then again with combos with gear special 1 and 2, and so on. Hell, if a character had 4 gear moves, you could end up with 256(!) iterations of gear-based combo sections for that 1 character.
Hmm. I see what you are saying. So, do you think having having 3 or 4 sticky threads for a character the best option? Could work. Lets say scarecrow has 3 gears, then just have a moderator create the threads for those moves plus another without gears. Was this mentioned before?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Hmm. I see what you are saying. So, do you think having having 3 or 4 sticky threads for a character the best option? Could work. Lets say scarecrow has 3 gears, then just have a moderator create the threads for those moves plus another without gears. Was this mentioned before?
I'm not sure. All I personally care about is keeping the "real" combos away from the gear-based garbage. Even if you made a thread for each gear move, you could still end up with 256 threads just for a character with 4 gear moves (4^4).

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
As far as defense goes, we can just establish a base damage of combos based on the most common def stat. I feel like there will be a base def that most chars have and comparatively few outliers. Either that or do it against the highest and lowest to establish a range.

Lokheit

Noob
I think all combos should always be performed against opponents with 1000 defense as a standard and listed as full numbers rather than percentages as each opponent has different amounts of health. This way the only variable is opponent's defense but at least you know the damage against a standard defense.

I think it's ok to include combos using gear on a separate section of the combo thread, but only with the moves gear as using stat gear would make everything a mess.

Espio

Kokomo
Nothing yet. @Eldriken @Espio @SneakyTortoise (fun fact, if you type "@sneaky", the first option is @SneakyButtPoke!).
I will do what I can to facilitate a more quality combo and exploratory situation so people who come here to learn and don't wanna struggle can do so more easily. I think I'm gonna propose separate threads. A combo thread that focuses on Gear and other super unreliable combos cordoned off instead of intermingled with very viable, reliable combos for competitive play. That way people can clown with their gear move combos and people that want the reliable stuff can just get right to it. An idea I will shoot at everyone.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Yeah, so I'm up to date now. The way I see it:

• Each character forum should have 2 combo threads - one for gear, one without
  • It should be up to the author of the thread to keep the OP up to date with B&Bs, set up, wall bounce, interactable combos. If a user fails to do this, another user can always create a new thread and notify a mod to close the old one and pin the new one.
  • The whole defence/offence/health thing shouldn't be too much of an issue. We can just have a standard character to perform combos against (lets say batman) and people can compare their combos on him to decide which is optimal. And then obviously also post any character specific combos (female hurt box for example)
  • Users will just have to be smart about bringing things to the attention of active mods so that we can merge/close/pin threads when necessary and infract youtube assholes who spam shitty threads with videos consisting of 2 minutes of opening graphics before a level 20 gear combo

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Yeah, so I'm up to date now. The way I see it:

• Each character forum should have 2 combo threads - one for gear, one without
  • It should be up to the author of the thread to keep the OP up to date with B&Bs, set up, wall bounce, interactable combos. If a user fails to do this, another user can always create a new thread and notify a mod to close the old one and pin the new one.
  • The whole defence/offence/health thing shouldn't be too much of an issue. We can just have a standard character to perform combos against (lets say batman) and people can compare their combos on him to decide which is optimal. And then obviously also post any character specific combos (female hurt box for example)
  • Users will just have to be smart about bringing things to the attention of active mods so that we can merge/close/pin threads when necessary and infract youtube assholes who spam shitty threads with videos consisting of 2 minutes of opening graphics before a level 20 gear combo

Is it possible so the main combo threads "gear/non gear competitive" is promoted to the top of each character sub? And thank you and @Espio for your responses!

Just realized I said this already in this thread. Sorry :-|

E

Eldriken

Any clickbait or nonsense threads are going to get handled accordingly. I'd strongly advise against doing it if anyone is thinking of doing so. We don't have time for that shit. I'll handle it all myself if I have to. Tag away on anything and everything like this as the game develops.

Lokheit

Noob
Another problem with combo thread consistecy:

We will need to extend them to separate optimal combos from non air techable combos as that's a big thing in this game even if so far isn't being talked about enough.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Ah, that's good to know. I thought Max had a youtube video with a level 1 Batman vs level 20 Joker, doing 1-hit kills and shit to stir up his audience.

Either way, gear-based combos need to be restricted to their own section.
That was a special boss challenge in the Multiverse mode.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Max also didn't mention that you get matched based on gear online. Joker just had a lot of gear while Max had none for that game mode.

I don't think we would have a problem with click bait specific gear combos but better safe than sorry.
How can you get matched by gear when you choose your character after being matched with someone? And all of your characters are different levels?

It sounds to me like you get matched based on your overall player level, which still sucks if you're trying out different characters and they're all low level, but your opponent picks their level 20 main...

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
How can you get matched by gear when you choose your character after being matched with someone? And all of your characters are different levels?

It sounds to me like you get matched based on your overall player level, which still sucks if you're trying out different characters and they're all low level, but your opponent picks their level 20 main...
Shit, never thought about that. That's actually a really good question.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I'm all for this.
I think combos that are very situational (be it gear or interactables) should be kept out of their respective "main" combo post for each character to begin with.
It will give us all a better oversight of everything, and I'm pretty sure the majority of people will focus on non-gear gameplay anyway.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
If mods could regulate combo threads that would be great, but do we have enough mods/do they have enough time to actually do it? As long as the creator of the initial competitive mode combo thread is dedicated and keeps the relevant combos up to date in the OP, this hopefully will not become an issue. It's already bad when the initial page is completely out of date and you need to wade through 20+ pages for basic optimal BnBs.

Not sure how this could work, but maybe if that initial poster stopped updating the thread, a mod could assign a more active/dedicated user to curate it?

Edit: Whoops, just actually read through the whole thread, looks like I was late to the party and Sneaky already proposed pretty much this exact thing.