What's new

Discussion The TYM Group Therapy Session (re-opened for new patch)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
One can often trick oneself. Trust in others from time to time, for they may have all the answers you need.

In this case, you've fooled yourself into thinking Alien's flip is in fact not always safe on block, even though it is.
Alien's flip isn't safe though, unless done from a far enough distance.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hello forum. Im Osagri. At first I had this
Then they thought why not Nerf him a little. Dmg got tuned down but after lab I still had this
Then they took otg away. Now can I barely break 50% with 2bars :( but were managing. It's sad but gotta move on. Maybe someday..
Holy shit. How much damage did that double OHDP BNB do before the scaling nerf?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Alien's flip isn't safe though, unless done from a far enough distance.
-7 is safe against all reversals save Reptile's EX-slide and 6-frame normals right? Getting 1-frame link punishes is pretty hard, especially because Alien's hitbox is low at the end of a blocked flip. I'd say the move is safe in practice.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
-7 is safe against all reversals save Reptile's EX-slide and 6-frame normals right? Getting 1-frame link punishes is pretty hard, especially because Alien's hitbox is low at the end of a blocked flip. I'd say the move is safe in practice.
1 frame punishes aren't actually that hard if you know the timing, I get it all the time with Cassie and Jacqui. Yes it's not unsafe to every character in the game but it's still unsafe

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
1 frame punishes aren't actually that hard if you know the timing, I get it all the time with Cassie and Jacqui. Yes it's not unsafe to every character in the game but it's still unsafe
Let's take this discussion somewhere else. Like 1f punish isn't enough, that bullshit is -6 if done from far enough range
I play Mileena and Kitana, 6f d1/d3 is my fucking punish, they can't even mixup afterwards.... Hollywood is my counterpick for Alien

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Guys guys please no arguing. This thread is a safe space. Let them mourn their loss for now and let them be scared because they will soon come to accept it.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Hi, my name is Fellow_Swordsman.
As a Kenshi main I don't generally play a rush down game. In fact, when I play Balanced, it's all about the zoning and space control.....b-but...I get called mean things online for using Balanced. I'm called a "fggt bitch who jus spams like newb" whenever I play him. Is zoning frowned upon? Is it bad to be myself when playing Kenshi (zoner)?.....

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
As a Kenshi main I don't generally play a rush down game. In fact, when I play Balanced, it's all about the zoning and space control.....b-but...I get called mean things online for using Balanced. I'm called a "fggt bitch who jus spams like newb" whenever I play him. Is zoning frowned upon? Is it bad to be myself when playing Kenshi (zoner)?.....
If you can zone with balanced then you deserve to.

Baconlord

There's people in your life who care about you and support you. So why do the words of those who don't matter to you?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm genuinely scared at how good I am at this. I think I might need therapy too.
wrong career choice? maybe you should have been a shrink?
]
and hello Baconlord, I am a long time Player with Cyrax as my Go 2 Kombatant. those 60-80% combos from, MK3 MK9 and MKX, shortly after i started using him in MKXL he got the Nerf Hammer like no other cyrax has received before. 50% meterless to 32% This hurt me very much, i have become unstable, violent, raging at work, started making pills for death instead of testing the safety of them like i should. help me Baconlord ohh wise one.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
A 1 frame punish on this game isn't hard. The only thing that makes it hard is that there are so many punishes with specific timings. For example, I can punish Alien's flip with Jax, Johnny's nutpunch with Lao's F2, but I can't punish Kano ball at all lol. It's all about what you practice, really.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
There's people in your life who care about you and support you. So why do the words of those who don't matter to you?
So what you're saying is that even though there are people who call me a "no skil plyr who jus spams lik a pussy", there are still those close to me that support my spacing and zoning with Balanced Kenshi? Thank you, TYM therapist.

Ravager

Tanya Loyalist, Cassie main in MK11.
Hi, my name is Raavager. And I'm depressed about the Tanya changes. I've been a Tanya loyalist for over 10 years, and so these nerfs are really hitting me hard.

I know she needed some changes, but Paulo decided he didn't care about us Tanya mains anymore. I just need a hug.

:(

Baconlord

I feel like now is a time full of emotions for many of us. the world around us is changing and for a lot of us, we're trying to find out how we feel about these changes and after a lot of thought I decided to re open my doors to welcome all to help you get through this transitional period in our games life. for those new here let me lay down some guidelines. this is a safe space for us. there is to be no negativity towards other members and please try to show you're fellow posters the love and support they need to get through this difficult time in our games life

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
I loved this thread so much! Glad to see it back. :)

I think I may not need therapy anymore, Dr Baconlord. I feel as though my paitence has finally allowed me to reach enlightenment. Though the road may have been tough, the scars remind me of the lessons learned.

No longer will I allow my poor princess to be eaten by her sister! :cool:

Baconlord

I loved this thread so much! Glad to see it back. :)

I think I may not need therapy anymore, Dr Baconlord. I feel as though my paitence has finally allowed me to reach enlightenment. Though the road may have been tough, the scars remind me of the lessons learned.

No longer will I allow my poor princess to be eaten by her sister! :cool:
wonderful to hear. just know that if you ever experience trouble again, our doors are always open

Tweedy

Noob
Tarkatan is buns. I don't want to play Acidic and while Lao is a lot better, I feel like he pales in comparison to characters with real mix or better pressure than him(Kitana/Ermac). The reason I liked Kotal are gone. I loved him for his halfscreen launching armor. I know that it was a universal change but he just doesn't feel the same.

With SCR coming up in 11 days I must move on. Feels bad man.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Omg with sharpen activated my character only does 40% guaranteed chip if enemies stand block, if they try to duck block to avoid it I can use njp to full combo them with 40% meterless midscreen help me please Baconlord

Baconlord

NO KITANA PLAYERS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD

You do not need therapy you privileged bastards! You sit in your castles while the xenomorphs starve in the desert!
While we're at it, let's ban all Ermac players too. Fuck those guys! Oh, and watch your language, Tweedy.
there is to be no negativity towards other members and please try to show you're fellow posters the love and support they need to get through this difficult time in our games life
Do not judge people for actions they cannot control.

Baconlord

Tarkatan is buns. I don't want to play Acidic and while Lao is a lot better, I feel like he pales in comparison to characters with real mix or better pressure than him(Kitana/Ermac). The reason I liked Kotal are gone. I loved him for his halfscreen launching armor. I know that it was a universal change but he just doesn't feel the same.

With SCR coming up in 11 days I must move on. Feels bad man.
The world is changing. Will you change with it?

Baconlord

Omg with sharpen activated my character only does 40% guaranteed chip if enemies stand block, if they try to duck block to avoid it I can use njp to full combo them with 40% meterless midscreen help me please Baconlord
These are the lemons you have been given. What will you do with them?