What's new

The true reason stage interaction shouldn't be allowed in tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You know, you could just test run both ideas. Interactables being on and being off at locals. And from there decide whether or not you want them on or off for tournaments.

I mean, that's just my opinion. I don't go to tournaments, because I suck, but I get both sides.
This is perfectly reasonable

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Your usage of big words in a forum intimidate me :( how about we just let interactables rock AND play that mode with all the assists in tournament cause i mean adding more mechanics that into the game that will change the playing field of player 1 and 2 no matter how big or small the change is OK right? thats it guys LETS PLAY IN TOURNAMENT WITH ASSISTS YES!! at least i can use rains bubble special as assist since he is not in the game as a playable character :( ya make me laugh let me get back to enjoying life i forgot tym makes me depressed.
I would enjoy seeing that.
Can that be a thing?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Just so we're on the same page...

Your idea for "solving" the interactable issue is to create a poll that only top 8 MK9 players who placed at EVO and MLG can vote in. This means that you want to leave the fate of interactables in the hands of those players. You have also clearly stated that equivalent top players of Injustice are kept seperate from this, and are not invited to participated in this poll. The last part of the sentence is an inference on my part.

Now, you have repeatedly stated that you believe Injustice had no footsies, that it had no fundamentals.

You and I are smart enough to realize that top Injustice players could play MK X. And yet, they are left OUT of your poll idea.

So, with all this in mind, what do you think i'm getting at when i say that your agenda is transparent?

Show me where I said that injustice has "no footsies or fundamentals" I don't believe I actually ever said that in a serious manner.

Of course there are fundamentals in injustice. It's just not my kind of game that's all. And I don't see anything wrong with keeping the franchises separate. In fact I said that I wouldn't even be a part of the poll of it was just going to be top mk9 players from the glory days. It's not about me at all

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Show me where I said that injustice has "no footsies or fundamentals" I don't believe I actually ever said that in a serious manner.

Of course there are fundamentals in injustice. It's just not my kind of game that's all. And I don't see anything wrong with keeping the franchises separate. In fact I said that I wouldn't even be a part of the poll of it was just going to be top mk9 players from the glory days. It's not about me at all
Are you serious or is this revisionist history a thing with you? You have said it plenty.

There is no logical reason to exclude those players. Especially since Bit, Forever King, Sonic Fox, Pig of the Hut were top in BOTH GAMES.

Your agenda is showing and its very depressing.

Czar

Kotal Kahn of New Orleans
Then what happens to the hype ass Blanche swag combo that wins Evo & the pop off afterwards? We need those Daigo parry moments back!

I don't really see how the interactables do anything besides make the game more fun/strategic. If they burn meter to get out of the corner then just go in, they likely can't break and they've also gimped their damage potential. Is it any different than using a EX teleport to get out, except that the tele is likely safer? It's a balancing thing to make less mobile players like ferra/torr and Jax have the same ability to get out as Scorpion.

I feel like a lot of emphasis is being placed on what ifs and theories and not on FUN where it should be. But I'm no tourny player yet, so maybe my points are moot. It just seems like a waste not include them based on conclusions drawn before anyone has played anything.

Can @GGA 16 Bit or someone who has played the game further comment on this? Seems dumb to keep going back and forth like this.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

The problem with keeping them separate is that they are made by the exact same development team and there are obviously elements of Injustice in MKX, that's undeniable (it's what this whole debate is on).

I'm a UK guy, so it makes no difference to me what you guys decide on, except that we'll probably follow suit with what you guys decide.

But if here, we decide to do it that way, where only MK9 accomplished players can vote on it, that's a massive insult to those who came in during Injustice's time and who are doing well in MKX.

For example, Undeadjim came in during Injustice's competitive life and is a great player, if he turns out to be doing really well in MKX but doesn't get to vote because he didn't compete in MK9, that's obviously not fair.

Say if Honeybee is dominating early tournaments in America in MKX, should he not get a say in the matter purely because he didn't play MK9?

Surely you can see why people would have a problem with that?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Then what happens to the hype ass Blanche swag combo that wins Evo & the pop off afterwards? We need those Daigo parry moments back!

I don't really see how the interactables do anything besides make the game more fun/strategic. If they burn meter to get out of the corner then just go in, they likely can't break and they've also gimped their damage potential. Is it any different than using a EX teleport to get out, except that the tele is likely safer? It's a balancing thing to make less mobile players like ferra/torr and Jax have the same ability to get out as Scorpion.

I feel like a lot of emphasis is being placed on what ifs and theories and not on FUN where it should be. But I'm no tourny player yet, so maybe my points are moot. It just seems like a waste not include them based on conclusions drawn before anyone has played anything.

Can @GGA 16 Bit or someone who has played the game further comment on this? Seems dumb to keep going back and forth like this.
Why do members on this site frequently tag someone to answer something they can't/won't talk about? lol. I doubt he will give his opinion on things until after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.