What's new

The true reason stage interaction shouldn't be allowed in tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

haketh

Noob
Ok, How about after the game comes out when we all have the game we take a poll only involving tournament players and just go off of that and whatever the results are they are. I'm even willing to leave it to only mk9 top 8 placers at only MLG's and Evo's and just leave it to you guys to do decide. I don't care but the one thing I don't want personally is the same attitude that happened in injustice where people just let it rock and then never actually re-evaluated later as a community even though many people actually wanted it.
What does being a top placer in MK9 have to do with anything MKX, totally different games. If we want something like this to happen wouldn't it make more sense to do it 3-6 months after it's been out, people actually know how to play the game, we've exhausted all possible ways to deal with them, & no patches from NRS work out?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
God really we're gonna want to ban interactables for something this nit-picky? I mean yea I'm sure every team that plays football would rather have the side where the wind is at their backs instead of going against it but that doesn't force the NFL to make every game be played indoors. If you lost the game based on something that miniscule and it is eating you up inside, then request a 1P/2P swap. That's what any team does at half time. Jesus.

I can't get over the fact that we are coming from a game where the interactables were clearly a much bigger factor and they weren't banned, to a game where they won't be nearly as big of a factor yet we are talking about banning them. What the fuck is going on here?
Interactables were never ok to everyone that played/attended tournaments. They simply let it rock because it was too late to change. It seems like more people are coming forward early to make a change before it's too late, but the problem is no one knows how the fucking game will play. However, everyone knows that if the community lets it rock out of the gate and its frowned upon it will not be changed and we'll just "let it rock" again.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
What does being a top placer in MK9 have to do with anything MKX, totally different games. If we want something like this to happen wouldn't it make more sense to do it 3-6 months after it's been out, people actually know how to play the game, we've exhausted all possible ways to deal with them, & no patches from NRS work out?
Because I value top players opinions because they understand the game the most and I would like to see a decision about this sooner rather than way later. I'm talking about top players from anywhere not just people I know of course.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Interactables were never ok to everyone that played/attended tournaments. They simply let it rock because it was too late to change. It seems like more people are coming forward early to make a change before it's too late, but the problem is no one knows how the fucking game will play. However, everyone knows that if the community lets it rock out of the gate and its frowned upon it will not be changed and we'll just "let it rock" again.
The people that stuck with Injustice don't complain about interactables that much. The people who quit Injustice before they were balanced seem to be the ones doing the most crying. Maybe if they stuck with the game, learned it, and see what NRS did to make things better there wouldn't be as much complaining.

We already know they won't be as bad as Injustice....so why are we still talking about this.

haketh

Noob
Because I value top players opinions because they understand the game the most and I would like to see a decision about this sooner rather than way later. I'm talking about top players from anywhere not just people I know of course.
I'm taking issue with the MK9 only part when playing MK9 is really gonna have not much more bearing at being a top placer in MKX anymore so than IGAU or other games with how different it is.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I'm taking issue with the MK9 only part when playing MK9 is really gonna have not much more bearing at being a top placer in MKX anymore so than IGAU or other games with how different it is.
Personally i'd like to keep the two franchises separate but that's a matter of preference.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The people that stuck with Injustice don't complain about interactables that much. The people who quit Injustice before they were balanced seem to be the ones doing the most crying. Maybe if they stuck with the game, learned it, and see what NRS did to make things better there wouldn't be as much complaining.

We already know they won't be as bad as Injustice....so why are we still talking about this.
That's not true. Didn't Perfect Legend make a thread not too long ago about how we should turn off interactables? I'm pretty sure some other tournament players agreed and I know he stuck to Injustice. Bottom line here and you know this...is that people don't like change. They want their MK9 and don't like interactables lol. I'm not a tournament vet or w/e, but I think it deserves a chance since they are blockable and only do like 2% chip and do not respawn. Totally not that big of a deal.

haketh

Noob
Personally i'd like to keep the two franchises separate but that's a matter of preference.
That straight up makes no sense to regard a MK9 players opinion over a IGAU or whatever players POV because they'll naturally be biased to one way other the other. Having a mix of players from various backgrounds after we've had time with the game to actually have Top MKX players makes infinitely more sense.

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
God really we're gonna want to ban interactables for something this nit-picky? I mean yea I'm sure every team that plays football would rather have the side where the wind is at their backs instead of going against it but that doesn't force the NFL to make every game be played indoors. If you lost the game based on something that miniscule and it is eating you up inside, then request a 1P/2P swap. That's what any team does at half time. Jesus.

I can't get over the fact that we are coming from a game where the interactables were clearly a much bigger factor and they weren't banned, to a game where they won't be nearly as big of a factor yet we are talking about banning them. What the fuck is going on here?
No, but it does force NFL teams to switch sides every quarter.

I get where you're coming from, but I honestly don't believe it's nit-picking. Only one side has a corner escape. If corner escapes end up being good, then this WILL be abused and which side you start on will definitely affect matchups. If they end up being terrible, then nobody is going to use them and it wouldn't even matter if they were turned on or off.

I think position swapping and smash style stage selection would work, but I would really rather keep tournament rules simple. I also think it would work to have the default setting be no interactables on a random stage, unless both players can agree on a particular stage with interactables.

Slips

That's not true. Didn't Perfect Legend make a thread not too long ago about how we should turn off interactables? I'm pretty sure some other tournament players agreed and I know he stuck to Injustice. Bottom line here and you know this...is that people don't like change. They want their MK9 and don't like interactables lol. I'm not a tournament vet or w/e, but I think it deserves a chance since they are blockable and only do like 2% chip and do not respawn. Totally not that big of a deal.
Perfect Legend usually speaks a minority opinion though, but yes I'm sure there are some tournament players that prefer to have them turned off but in the end Injustice still churned out consistent results. 16 Bit vs. Dizzy at the first UFGT was a clear indication of interactables being OP. Those and other interactbles alike were fixed. After that and the combination of needing two bars to armor the interactable I think it's safe to say the vast amount majority of tournament players said they were fine.

Oh I agree. This seems to be mainly MK9 players saying NRS can't integrate interactables without them breaking the game and making things super unbalanced. Even though NRS already has. And NRS has expressed they won't play as big of a factor anyway. It's just annoying to see MK9 players coming back like they know more about interactables than the Injustice players that have been playing with them for years and have no problem with them at all.

Injustice isn't without flaws, but interactables isn't close to being one of the main issues with the game anymore. A lot of these opinions seem very out of touch.

Slips

No, but it does force NFL teams to switch sides every quarter.

I get where you're coming from, but I honestly don't believe it's nit-picking. Only one side has a corner escape. If corner escapes end up being good, then this WILL be abused and which side you start on will definitely affect matchups. If they end up being terrible, then nobody is going to use them and it wouldn't even matter if they were turned on or off.

I think position swapping and smash style stage selection would work, but I would really rather keep tournament rules simple. I also think it would work to have the default setting be no interactables on a random stage, unless both players can agree on a particular stage with interactables.
Ok? So switch sides if you lose. You want to be sure rules are simple and this seems simple enough and it's a rule that has already existed in fighting games tournaments since...the dawn of fighting game tournaments?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
and it begins lol you never change man and im done acting, see you at events and good luck.
I just keep it real, a ton of overreacting from people who haven't played the game causing an unneccessary shit storm

Talk about "people never changing"

I for one am, no more inj scorpion tirades/debacles

I learn from mistakes, the only difference between scorpion injustice debacle and this thread is worse, people banning mechanics without even having fucking played a match

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
The analogy of home field advantage doesn't really work because all of the stadiums are still symmetrical. They still follow a standard ruleset. It's not like one side of the field has an endzone that is half the size of the other side.
Yea but different stadium carry different variables its not just the symmetry of the field. Mile High Stadium carries less oxygen, Lambeau Field is usually colder than a witches titty in December, and the Saints play better in the Superdome. So yes they do carry different variables.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
And what's that?
Just so we're on the same page...

Your idea for "solving" the interactable issue is to create a poll that only top 8 MK9 players who placed at EVO and MLG can vote in. This means that you want to leave the fate of interactables in the hands of those players. You have also clearly stated that equivalent top players of Injustice are kept seperate from this, and are not invited to participated in this poll. The last part of the sentence is an inference on my part.

Now, you have repeatedly stated that you believe Injustice had no footsies, that it had no fundamentals.

You and I are smart enough to realize that top Injustice players could play MK X. And yet, they are left OUT of your poll idea.

So, with all this in mind, what do you think i'm getting at when i say that your agenda is transparent?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
You know, you could just test run both ideas. Interactables being on and being off at locals. And from there decide whether or not you want them on or off for tournaments.

I mean, that's just my opinion. I don't go to tournaments, because I suck, but I get both sides.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
First of all, you don't even know how good the interactables are in MKX. None of you do. Which is why this thread is a joke. Secondly, we are coming from a game (Injustice) where the interactables played an even bigger roll than they will in MKX (NRS specifically said this). Nobody really complained about them too much once they were patched and balanced out in Injustice, so why fret about something which a) NRS now knows how to balance out now and b) NRS said they won't play as much as a factor as they did in Injustice. We already know they are blockable for God's sake.

Thirdly, your analogies are exaggerated, cartooney and your point is actually just completely wrong. Interactables isn't the equivalent being able to use their cheerleaders in the game or throw 3 balls at once or use their mascot to dance on the field while they are playing or whatever stupid analogy you want to throw in. C'mon man. And Sport's can't make physical alterations that change the competition's balance? Are you insane? Do you think playing on grass is the same as playing on turf? Do you think an outdoor stadium is the same as playing in an indoor stadium? Do you think one baseball field has a fence 302 feet from home plate is the same as another basbeball field that has a fence 436 feet from home plate? The Seattle Seahawks cruised to two straight Super Bowls because they got homefield advantage in the playoffs where the crowd noise is insane and the players can't hear eachother on the field so they have to use hand signals. The crowd is literally called "The 12th Man".

Teams can make whatever physical alterations they want to help get the advantage but in the end, both teams have to play the same game on the same field and they both have to deal with the conditions they are put in whether it was meant to be in their favor or ends up working against them. I ended up playing Forever King in Injustice in tournament on the 'dumpster' stage and while it played a roll it didn't determine the set. Learn to play the game and deal with your opponent before you start blaming your environment.

I agree that I dont know how good or bad Interactables are...

But your analogies are off imo.

Indoors or Outdoors, Raining or Snowing , Longer fences or shorter fences, 12th man or a practically an empty stadium do not ever give an Adavantage to One team but Not the other in a physically handicapping sense. This isnt about being more comfortable at home or being more used to playing in cold conditions ...

A Physical Object (for example the Lamp on the right side of the Sky temple in MKX) in a fighting game that is closer to Player 1 or 2 at any given time will give a physical advantage to that player... Crowd Noise or being at home is purely mental ...

Status
Not open for further replies.