What's new

The Streak is Dead! AK|EMPR Saltface wins Injustice and Trepound wins Killer Instinct at Scraps #18!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No see I said it made me feel like shit. But unlike most people I don't sit down and cry. Trust me when I say that I was very close to dropping this game but will come back hard as fuck. Maybe not for UFGT because I haven't been practicing much lately. But believe me when I say that if I ever run into Pig at a major I will cockblock the fuck out of him from getting top 8. This isn't even like a friendly competition thing. This is someone who I considered to be a friend because of the time I spent with him at NEC talking to him and helping him trying to teach the Doomsday match up. And then he goes and blows me up because a better player than him beat him at his local with a character is good but kinda gets bodied by top tiers. Ridiculous. Whiteboi and Noobe have been to two times the majors I have. So to say they keep proving it is wrong. I shouldn't have ever made those claims in the first place. You're correct. But a lot of players would not be able to get the same placing I do at WNF, and that's a fact. So I felt like at the time, never having traveled, I was probably better than I was. Mostly I think it was tournament nerves having never been to a major and just having traveled 6 hours on a plane with all that excitement, and then having to play Jupiter first round who is one of the best players in this scene currently, while also having every east coast member scream in my ear every time I got hit. I cracked hard at that tournament. And anyone who wants to blow me up has obviously never been in that situation. This is a personal thing now. My new goal in this game isn't even to make top 8s. It's to make sure Pig never makes another one.
MLG $100 MM

I'm coming for your f ing skull

Ft3

Pig Of The Hut

No see I said it made me feel like shit. But unlike most people I don't sit down and cry. Trust me when I say that I was very close to dropping this game but will come back hard as fuck. Maybe not for UFGT because I haven't been practicing much lately. But believe me when I say that if I ever run into Pig at a major I will cockblock the fuck out of him from getting top 8. This isn't even like a friendly competition thing. This is someone who I considered to be a friend because of the time I spent with him at NEC talking to him and helping him trying to teach the Doomsday match up. And then he goes and blows me up because a better player than him beat him at his local with a character is good but kinda gets bodied by top tiers. Ridiculous. Whiteboi and Noobe have been to two times the majors I have. So to say they keep proving it is wrong. I shouldn't have ever made those claims in the first place. You're correct. But a lot of players would not be able to get the same placing I do at WNF, and that's a fact. So I felt like at the time, never having traveled, I was probably better than I was. Mostly I think it was tournament nerves having never been to a major and just having traveled 6 hours on a plane with all that excitement, and then having to play Jupiter first round who is one of the best players in this scene currently, while also having every east coast member scream in my ear every time I got hit. I cracked hard at that tournament. And anyone who wants to blow me up has obviously never been in that situation. This is a personal thing now. My new goal in this game isn't even to make top 8s. It's to make sure Pig never makes another one.
Btw i just had three of your "friends " txt me and say you're a terrible player and they don't know how to tell u because you're a friend to them

You may have A mission but u have no f ing chance

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
MLG $100 MM

I'm coming for your f ing skull

Ft3
ft5. We'll talk about the price more around that time. Not that I'm not confident but it would be irresponsible to make a bet that I couldn't play. I am a poor college student after all.

Btw i just had three of your "friends " txt me and say you're a terrible player and they don't know how to tell u because you're a friend to them

You may have A mission but u have no f ing chance
Was this really necessary? Then my friends are pretty shitty. And I only know one person that goes to WNF and actually texts you. So that really sucks to hear.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I was a top 5 MK player, currently mid tier/top 25-30 inj player. It'd be a massive shock if we ever played and I beat u, no one could imagine that. Hopefully I get that shot. Not sure what I would do .....nope I know what I would do .

Money match at MLG

$100, get your and comrades together and each put $10-20 in for u since they all have your back and believe in u. Because everyone does right? Hell why wouldn't they? Big time chef made top 4 and cowboy up north couldn't break in top 8 cause he as too busy getting "bodied "by king
I will MM, but I can't guarantee an amount. Also I can't guarantee that I will be able to attend MLG, but if I can't then EVO.

Btw chef incase u and brad haven't figured this out yet. theo being godlike doesn't mean YOU are godlike or good .

I love how you and brad instantly thought you guys were good because of theo, slayer and tyrants success .
Hah yeah right, like I'm trying to piggy back on anybody...

Yes those players are amazing, that is true. I've beaten them all, and they've all beaten me in tournament. Their success does help me be confident that I'm a good player, but I'm not piggybacking on anything that they've done. At EVO and SCR I've already proven my own worth.

You are insanely petty.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
That's fair/honest -- I just feel like there are some battles you can win on the forums, and some you can't. I hate to see you take it so personally every time someone makes a comment or cracks a joke. Sometimes the best outcome of a battle is not to fight it.

But, on a positive note -- hopefully all of this buildup will lead to some great matches and sets at MLG and EVO. We've been there before and it worked out pretty well :D

EGP Wonder_Chef

That's fair/honest -- I just feel like there are some battles you can win on the forums, and some you can't. I hate to see you take it so personally every time someone makes a comment or cracks a joke. Sometimes the best outcome of a battle is not to fight it.

But, on a positive note -- hopefully all of this buildup will lead to some great matches and sets at MLG and EVO. We've been there before and it worked out pretty well :D
fyi there's a difference between saying

"haha pig, sinestro is dead right?"

and

"some people like sonicboombrad are idiots"

Pig Of The Hut

I will MM, but I can't guarantee an amount. Also I can't guarantee that I will be able to attend MLG, but if I can't then EVO.

Hah yeah right, like I'm trying to piggy back on anybody...

Yes those players are amazing, that is true. I've beaten them all, and they've all beaten me in tournament. Their success does help me be confident that I'm a good player, but I'm not piggybacking on anything that they've done. At EVO and SCR I've already proven my own worth.

You are insanely petty.
MLG is in your back yard w a large notice ahead of schedule

There's no excuse, be ready to do this at MLG

@SonicBoomBrad you too, I'm not interested in$5 mm. Make it worth it because when u lose I want it to hurt bad

Pig Of The Hut

Weren't you the same person making extremely passive aggressive statements towards Sajam and Brad about their characters/how good they are with their characters? Why are you calling someone a passive aggressive brat when you've done the same to two different players from the the same region?
I will say everything directly to any person at any time at any place

Example: your lobo MU chart is a f ing turd and you're not lobo of america.

EGP Wonder_Chef

MLG is in your back yard w a large notice ahead of schedule

There's no excuse, be ready to do this at MLG

@SonicBoomBrad you too, I'm not interested in$5 mm. Make it worth it because when u lose I want it to hurt bad

There are these little things called "responsibilities" that I have a few of.

Anyway Evo is only 3 weeks after that.

And there's a good chance I'm going to MLG anyway, just letting you know ahead of time that if I say I can't go, it isn't to avoid any MMs, because I can just play them 3 weeks later.

SZSR

Noob
@Gweedo888 @Hatecraft & everyone else

Sorry I missed this one, I didn't expect school and finals to jump on me like this, wanted to meet/play you guys in person since we only get to meet a few times per year. Sorry guys.

Maybe now i'll have time to dedicate to the game

Pig Of The Hut

@SonicBoomBrad money should be no object for u or chef

Get your WNF scene to front u the money for
U vs me
chef vs me
chef vs @WoundCowboy

Just tell them you two will pay them all back immediately after freeing us up and there's not a chance u will lose since dd won't be holding u back

Pig Of The Hut

There are these little things called "responsibilities" that I have a few of.

Anyway Evo is only 3 weeks after that.

And there's a good chance I'm going to MLG anyway, just letting you know ahead of time that if I say I can't go, it isn't to avoid any MMs, because I can just play them 3 weeks later.
You'll be there and I expect brad too

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
All right, all right. This thread has gone waaaaaaaay off the course.

You guys have had more than enough time to argue this out, so it's time I put an end to it. If you have to continue, do it in PMs. Further attempts to continue this argument will result in infractions, regardless of your side in this argument.

I don't question that this could pave the way for some interesting rivalries at MLG Anaheim, but at the end of the day, we all have our own outlooks on things.

Back on topic.

Pig Of The Hut

All right, all right. This thread has gone waaaaaaaay off the course.

You guys have had more than enough time to argue this out, so it's time I put an end to it. If you have to continue, do it in PMs. Further attempts to continue this argument will result in infractions, regardless of your side in this argument.

I don't question that this could pave the way for some interesting rivalries at MLG Anaheim, but at the end of the day, we all have our own outlooks on things.

Back on topic.
Lame..........

I will say everything directly to any person at any time at any place

Example: your lobo MU chart is a f ing turd and you're not lobo of america.
Good, I shouldn't be since I haven't made any claims of the sort and I'm mostly an online warrior. I have never gone out on record to say "I am the best Lobo in this country, Maxter/Fil Pops/Oxygen have all gotten lucky at the tournaments they've gone to". If I have, please, I give you permission to give me shit. I'm a stay at home, online warrior, Why would I ever make the claim that I'm better than Oxygen or Maxter? That's cool that my matchup chart is a turd, I think the character isn't amazing and that Oxygen and Maxter have played out of their mind at the tournaments they've gone to. Hell, I've made props threads/given props to them both after they've done so well with the character.

I have my opinion of the character, it may not be right, but I don't actively seek out people that disagree with my opinion and give them shit whenever something happens at a tournament. If you're going to toss "you aren't Lobo of America, you're bad and only play online" at me, then please think of something nearly all of GGA and then some didn't say to me when I gave Fil Pops shit. I don't go out of my way to shit on anyone that plays my character, I give props and hope for the best of the people in the Lobo community when they go to tournaments.

I may sit at home and cry about not being able to go to wnf, but at least I don't go out of my way to shit on someone when someone else does anything with the character in my spare time.

Pig Of The Hut

@Gweedo888 @Hatecraft & everyone else

Sorry I missed this one, I didn't expect school and finals to jump on me like this, wanted to meet/play you guys in person since we only get to meet a few times per year. Sorry guys.

Maybe now i'll have time to dedicate to the game
Did anyone else read this post above ^^^ in the middle of all the others and get really confused? :)