What's new

The Stick Thread

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I just got my artwork shipped to me yesterday so here is my new improved arcade stick x3

OH! Anyone who guess where the character is from gets 100 cool points! XD

Last edited:
@ Hitoshura89
Bad Girl from No More Heroes :) The game was awesome all-around, from its soundtrack to gameplay; really nice theme you got there, looks real clean.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@ Hitoshura89
Bad Girl from No More Heroes :) The game was awesome all-around, from its soundtrack to gameplay; really nice theme you got there, looks real clean.
Haha thnks :)

ok hopefully someone who has clear see through seimetsu buttons can help me out. 3 of my buttons are having trouble. they work fine its just the artwork in the buttons keep moving and i want them to stay. the other 3 stay perfectly fine. How do i fix this?

should i like fold tape over and plac eit under my arwork so it dnt move or what?

Some awesome sticks in this thread id really like to convert my SF4 TE stick to MK layout is there any way i can get the replacement MK plexi in the UK?

New guy here, just picked up MK9 the other day. I'm looking to pick up a stick, not liking the new 360 controller too much. I was looking over on AiaB; for anyone who likes their stuff, what do you recommended is the best Button/Stick types from them? I don't play competitively, so I'm not looking to mod at all after I get it or anything like that. What else would you recommend around the same price point, if there's something better than AiaB (not looking to get a game specific stick from MadCatz)?

Tim Static

Adminerator
New guy here, just picked up MK9 the other day. I'm looking to pick up a stick, not liking the new 360 controller too much. I was looking over on AiaB; for anyone who likes their stuff, what do you recommended is the best Button/Stick types from them? I don't play competitively, so I'm not looking to mod at all after I get it or anything like that. What else would you recommend around the same price point, if there's something better than AiaB (not looking to get a game specific stick from MadCatz)?
AIAB sticks are my personal fave. I like them just because they feel like an american arcade cabinet. :)

But as far as anything else, its all preference. what else do you play or enjoy?

@ MarkMan thanks i just ordered one do you just remove the old cover and replace it with the new one or do you need to move some stuff around aswell?

AIAB sticks are my personal fave. I like them just because they feel like an american arcade cabinet. :)

But as far as anything else, its all preference. what else do you play or enjoy?
I've played everything here and there over the years, but nothing ever seriously. I don't think I've played an MK since the original on SEGA. Played some Tekken and Street Fighter, and other random games (ClayFighter, anyone?). If I went with the MK button layout, I wouldn't care, cause I don't mind using the 360 controller with the other games I play. It just seems to me that MK9 is pretty sensitive with the directional inputs and I feel myself over-extending with the stick, and the new pad isn't doing it for me. Figured I'd actually put a little more time into playing if I picked up a stick.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I've played everything here and there over the years, but nothing ever seriously. I don't think I've played an MK since the original on SEGA. Played some Tekken and Street Fighter, and other random games (ClayFighter, anyone?). If I went with the MK button layout, I wouldn't care, cause I don't mind using the 360 controller with the other games I play. It just seems to me that MK9 is pretty sensitive with the directional inputs and I feel myself over-extending with the stick, and the new pad isn't doing it for me. Figured I'd actually put a little more time into playing if I picked up a stick.
Cool. Then in my opinon, go with the competition stick, convex buttons and MK layout. Colors and artwork is all up to you.

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
@ MarkMan thanks i just ordered one do you just remove the old cover and replace it with the new one or do you need to move some stuff around aswell?
Yes, if you have a TE stick already you will need to remove the top metal panel and artwork. Details on how to perform the mod can be seen on this video here:

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yes, if you have a TE stick already you will need to remove the top metal panel and artwork. Details on how to perform the mod can be seen on this video here:

Hey Mark I have a question for you. I have done a bunch of these SF to combat panel mods for PS3 T.E.s and never had a problem. But anytime I try to do it on a 360 stick when Im done the stick itself only registers down. Up,left and right no longer register. Even if the stick was previously working once I do the mod it no longer works.
I cant for the life of me figure this one out. Im no stick noob and have been modding sticks for awhile, but Im stumped here. I cant even see the correlation. I mean really all Im doing is unplugging the harness, moving the stick onto the panel and plugging the harness back in. Im just baffled.
This doesnt happen on PS3 sticks, only 360. And its happened on EVERY 360 stick Ive tried to mod to a combat panel. Have you heard anyone else mention this? Do you know what Im doing wrong?

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
Hey Mark I have a question for you. I have done a bunch of these SF to combat panel mods for PS3 T.E.s and never had a problem. But anytime I try to do it on a 360 stick when Im done the stick itself only registers down. Up,left and right no longer register. Even if the stick was previously working once I do the mod it no longer works.
I cant for the life of me figure this one out. Im no stick noob and have been modding sticks for awhile, but Im stumped here. I cant even see the correlation. I mean really all Im doing is unplugging the harness, moving the stick onto the panel and plugging the harness back in. Im just baffled.
This doesnt happen on PS3 sticks, only 360. And its happened on EVERY 360 stick Ive tried to mod to a combat panel. Have you heard anyone else mention this? Do you know what Im doing wrong?
What you just described happens when you plug in the 5 pin connector in upside down. Try replugging the connector (to the stick) the other way and it should be resolved.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Oh jesus. Mark guess what, I am that dumb. I cannot believe I did something that stupid. And worse yet I did it multiple times. I should never be allowed to open up a stick again. Madcatz should start putting child safety locks on they're sticks to prevent dummies like me from getting into them.
You know kind of like aspirin does to prevent 5 year olds from eating them all. god Im such a retard.