What's new

The Stick Thread

Tim Static

Adminerator
MarkMan said:
By the way... This is how I hold the stick/place my hands on the buttons... If anyone was wondering...

Opposed to this (which might be some people's gut reaction if they're used to the classic MK layout)...

:coffee:

Tested this over at Tim's house yesterday, feels great.

I am seriously considering picking up a TE just to throw one of these one there (I only have an SE and a TvC stick, no TE somehow).

Markman did some good work here.

As for the hand positioning, there's a guy here in Ohio (and a few others I've seen) who play on arcade with their right hand on the attack/block buttons, and uses his LEFT thumb for run.

There's another one who moves his whole hand and taps every single button with his first two fingers (crazy).

I don't think any other game comes close to UMK3 and having the variety of ways people will play on the same layout. It's always amazed me. Having this new option is definitely a good thing.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Not gonna lie, I am so jealous of you guys right now lol. Ive got all my parts ready but I have to wait until 3/7 to get my panels for my two round 2 T.E's :(

Looks awesome though guys, I cant wait to do mine up.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Not gonna lie, I am so jealous of you guys right now lol. Ive got all my parts ready but I have to wait until 3/7 to get my panels for my two round 2 T.E's :(

Looks awesome though guys, I cant wait to do mine up.
This weekend you'll have your hands on one. ;)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Did this myself today! i am so proud of me, even tho my kids coulda done it LOL

bat top, circle gate thingy and classic MK color scheme ACTIVATE!!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I need to get another spring or something... my battop is very lose. Rob, shit... I never got that back to you. :(

and lmao.... nice Chipotle reference, Tim. ;)

Tim Static

Adminerator
I need to get another spring or something... my battop is very lose. Rob, shit... I never got that back to you. :(

and lmao.... nice Chipotle reference, Tim. ;)
did you change put the round restrictor plate on it? i did and its hella loose too. its meh

Dark_Rob

Noob
did you change put the round restrictor plate on it? i did and its hella loose too. its meh
Markmans stick was also like loose like that. Storms had actually taken the whole JLF assembly apart before I got to it. Ive never had to take the actual stick assembly apart before but there really is only one way to put it together right.
In my opinion it isnt actually the restrictor plate that makes it feel loose, its the battop. The battop has much more weight to it than the ball top, thus making the spring feel even looser.
It might be worth trying to put a stiffer spring in there, like a Seimitsu, to better handle the added heft of the battop.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Finished my mods on my Madcatz T.E.'s They came out beastly.
This one is a PS3 stick.

This one is a 360 stick.

Here is both.

B W1zZ

Noob
Does anyone know if it's going to be possible to mod the Xbox 360 version of the MK PDP Stick to work on PS3? I'm planning on going to EVO and I will own the game on 360.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Does anyone know if it's going to be possible to mod the Xbox 360 version of the MK PDP Stick to work on PS3? I'm planning on going to EVO and I will own the game on 360.
absolutely. its called a dual mod, and since you already have the 360 version of the stick, you already one step ahead. now you should PM [user]Lucky Day[/user] :)

B W1zZ

Noob
absolutely. its called a dual mod, and since you already have the 360 version of the stick, you already one step ahead. now you should PM [user]Lucky Day[/user] :)
I don't own the stick yet but I'm planning on getting it, unless theres some way to mod the Madcatz SE with the MK layout.

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....

The PDP and TE-S are Stock 360 sticks. The HRAP 3 SA is dual modded and is all seimitsu primarily used for ST. I also have 2 Madcatz SE which are fully sanwa modded and a madcatz MvC2 TE but it is having work done to it so it is in pieces.