What's new

The Stick Thread

I'm seriously loving the PDP stick also.

Only problem I'm having with it is I'm having trouble finding directions consistently. Could I fix that by modding the microswitches or should I just buy a different stick?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I'm seriously loving the PDP stick also.

Only problem I'm having with it is I'm having trouble finding directions consistently. Could I fix that by modding the microswitches or should I just buy a different stick?
It could be one of two things.

1. Its just you getting used to the stick and in a week you'll be fine.

2. It really is the stick. This is definitely possible, especially with modern Happs. They can be very inconsistent from stick to stick. For instance both of my T.E.'s have perfect sticks in them, but yesterday I was playing on 9.95's T.E. and had a distinctly more difficult time jumping foward or backward. Lots of times I would just get a neutral jump. This was more a problem with the actuator perhaps being a little to small. It found UP easy enough but had trouble contacting both UP and LEFT or UP and RIGHT.
At any rate give it a few days to see if you still notice the problem, Happs have a certain break in period as well. If you do, toss the stick and put in an I.L. Eurojoystick.
http://www.lizardlick.com/IL-Eurojoystick-8-Way-Black_p_101.html

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....
It could be one of two things.

1. Its just you getting used to the stick and in a week you'll be fine.

2. It really is the stick. This is definitely possible, especially with modern Happs. They can be very inconsistent from stick to stick. For instance both of my T.E.'s have perfect sticks in them, but yesterday I was playing on 9.95's T.E. and had a distinctly more difficult time jumping foward or backward. Lots of times I would just get a neutral jump. This was more a problem with the actuator perhaps being a little to small. It found UP easy enough but had trouble contacting both UP and LEFT or UP and RIGHT.
At any rate give it a few days to see if you still notice the problem, Happs have a certain break in period as well. If you do, toss the stick and put in an I.L. Eurojoystick.
I will agree with Dark Rob. I changed my stock pdp HAPP stick to an IL Euro. The Euro is more responsive and feels much better. Also you may look into changing the switches from the cheap E-Switches to Cherry Switches.

MarkMan

SDTEKKEN.COM
Yeah change the parts out.

For some reason, the parts in the PDP stick are some weird hybrid Happ stick. Definitely not like their recent/old stuff.

I'm becoming best friends with the stick because I want to do well at the Vegas tournament :)

I tried using the combat panel too though, the other day and man it was so much easier for me (since I'm accustomed to JPN sticks).

At some point when I'm not broke I plan on getting a TE and an Ultimate panel. I played on Tim's and it was pretty great. I am fine on pad or Happ for MK9, but I think I would really like the panel for UMK3 where down/back and run jabs are so important.

Dark_Rob

Noob
At some point when I'm not broke I plan on getting a TE and an Ultimate panel. I played on Tim's and it was pretty great. I am fine on pad or Happ for MK9, but I think I would really like the panel for UMK3 where down/back and run jabs are so important.
The combat panel works great for MK9 as well. If anyone already has a Madcatz T.E. and wants an affordable way to get the MK layout the combat panel is the way to go. The mod is simple, a child could do it.
They are back in stock but dont expect them to last long so get em while the gettings good.
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5093&idCategory=253

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5094&idCategory=253

Im also trying to play this on the PDP stick. the layout is so hard to get used to after playing sf/marvel for years. im also finding big issues jumping forward or back with the HAPP stick. i dont see it lasting in my panel much longer. I love the stiffness of it though. find dashing so much easier then on all my sanwa stuff.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Im also trying to play this on the PDP stick. the layout is so hard to get used to after playing sf/marvel for years. im also finding big issues jumping forward or back with the HAPP stick. i dont see it lasting in my panel much longer. I love the stiffness of it though. find dashing so much easier then on all my sanwa stuff.
Socks replace the Happ stick with the I.L. Eurojoystick. Happ sticks are not what they were 20 years ago(When they were infact made by I.L. anyway)

Yuna

Why am I so tall?
Yeah, I personally love the PDP stick, no regrets at all. The best thing about it is that it feels sturdy. As well-made as the MadCatz and HORI sticks are, I always feel like I'm going to break the damn thing(even though that isn't likely).

DanCock

Cock Master!!
yea it's giving my arm a workout too lolol I love the pdp sticks.

just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the ps3 pdp fight stick to work on xbox with or with out the ps2/ps3 to xbox 360 converter pro? I cant get it to work with the converter pro but my ps3 controller works fine on 360 with it.

hopefully I just don't know what I'm doing. please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone on here do dual mods because I just got a blaze blue te but the buttons are geared upwards blaze and I want to be able to play ps3 without getting a new stick so if anyone does please pm me

I will agree with Dark Rob. I changed my stock pdp HAPP stick to an IL Euro. The Euro is more responsive and feels much better. Also you may look into changing the switches from the cheap E-Switches to Cherry Switches.
What kind of difference would I find in changing out the switches? Would it make the stick more accurate?

I've been loving the Sanwa on the SF TE because of the precision, but I love the stiffness and roundness of HAPP/IL parts.

I can feel the burn/workout when playing on the PDP stick. Extra muscles are always good :)
*Physical*

Superior

Dark_Rob

Noob
What kind of difference would I find in changing out the switches? Would it make the stick more accurate?

I've been loving the Sanwa on the SF TE because of the precision, but I love the stiffness and roundness of HAPP/IL parts.
The Happ E-Switches are prone to failure. When they work, they work fine but they are known to not last as long. Accuracy problems can be attributed to one of two things.
1)Your new on this type of stick and your execution isnt quite up to snuff yet.

or

2)Assuming your microswitches all work what you probably have is a contact problem with the actuator. Ever since Happ broke away from I.L. and began making they're own parts in China they're quality has been inconsistent at best. In some chinese made Happs the actuators are actually routed to small and dont spin freely on the shaft. They can get stuck in certain positions making it difficult sometimes to hit diagonals.

Replace the stock Happ stick with an I.L. Eurojoystick and see if that solves your problem. Good luck.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Does anyone on here do dual mods because I just got a blaze blue te but the buttons are geared upwards blaze and I want to be able to play ps3 without getting a new stick so if anyone does please pm me
[user]Lucky Day[/user] does. highly recommend his skills to.

also, Dan, this is what you need as well. :)