What's new

The Stick Thread

aj1701

Noob
Best settings?
I think most would suggest sanwa buttons and stick. Since you'll be playing others fighters, any layout but mk. I believe curved layouts are supposed to be more comfortable, but I wouldn't know. There is a personal preference factor as well.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think most would suggest sanwa buttons and stick. Since you'll be playing others fighters, any layout but mk. I believe curved layouts are supposed to be more comfortable, but I wouldn't know. There is a personal preference factor as well.
MK layout rules! :coffee:

T3rror

Noob
Great sticks in here! I need to get some extra cash so I can buy my first stick. I have had my eye on a AIAB stick for awhile.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I finally just about finished my UMK3 stick. I tried to copy the arcade machine the best I could. Making it mobile and single player.

IL eurostick, with black IL dust washer, IL concave buttons, cherry switches, plexiglass on top. I put one button on each side for coin and reset. Nylon locking nuts for the joystick bolts. Textured rubber underneath for grip. The entire inside and front are covered in Happ "Black Pica Vinyl."

I custom Photoshopped the CPO to single player, and even did some minor Photoshopping on the side art. It's not finished, I still need to wire it up and install the hardware for the lock (yeah it will function).

Holy fuckin shitballs!! :confused:

I want one! how much for remaking that box? (just the box, no stick or buttons or wiring)

nwo

Noob
Holy fuckin shitballs!! :confused:

I want one! how much for remaking that box? (just the box, no stick or buttons or wiring)

Well, I think I need a break for a few weeks, from stick building. But now that I got the tools, hole saw bits, dremel bits etc (this shit added up), I know I could remake this stick MUCH much easier. After a huge journey/learning process. I'm pretty much a plexi-glass cutting champion now.

Anyway though, it might actually be worth it financially if I built like two of these simultaneously, cause once your in a certain mode like "plexi-glass mode" or "t-molding" the second stick wouldn't add much more time.

As far as price goes, I'd have to add up the cost minus the buttons and joystick? labor wise, this is like the fun reward you get at the very end lol, to see all your work come together. Would you want the control panel overlay and side art? shipping might be pricey, I still haven't weighed it yet, but its fairly heavy. I could tell you right now, it would be pretty expensive, for the stick a ball park would be, $200-$300, that's an extreme ball park. At this exact moment, if someone were to offer me $300 for my stick, I'd laugh in their face, LOL. But, this first stick was blood sweat and tears.

MKK hanzo

I am boss with MK layout for NBA Jam etc lol. But gotta invest in 2 sticks these days!
Im doing GREAT using this Tim:

The layout Im using is:

SF:

Jab Strong Fierce -*-
Short Foward Roundhouse -*-

MK:

-*- HP BLK HK
Run LP -*- LK

the MK-like layout serves PERFECT for its purpouses and the jap stick has gave me acces to lots of moves and techs that were VERY HARD in happ stick and the bb ff taps or bf qcb qcf etc etc are very quick thanks to it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Im doing GREAT using this Tim:

http://www.arcadeshock.com/images/1x.jpg

The layout Im using is:

SF:

Jab Strong Fierce -*-
Short Foward Roundhouse -*-

MK:

-*- HP BLK HK
Run LP -*- LK

the MK-like layout serves PERFECT for its purpouses and the jap stick has gave me acces to lots of moves and techs that were VERY HARD in happ stick and the bb ff taps or bf qcb qcf etc etc are very quick thanks to it.
I love you brother but you are weird lol <3

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well, I think I need a break for a few weeks, from stick building. But now that I got the tools, hole saw bits, dremel bits etc (this shit added up), I know I could remake this stick MUCH much easier. After a huge journey/learning process. I'm pretty much a plexi-glass cutting champion now.

Anyway though, it might actually be worth it financially if I built like two of these simultaneously, cause once your in a certain mode like "plexi-glass mode" or "t-molding" the second stick wouldn't add much more time.

As far as price goes, I'd have to add up the cost minus the buttons and joystick? labor wise, this is like the fun reward you get at the very end lol, to see all your work come together. Would you want the control panel overlay and side art? shipping might be pricey, I still haven't weighed it yet, but its fairly heavy. I could tell you right now, it would be pretty expensive, for the stick a ball park would be, $200-$300, that's an extreme ball park. At this exact moment, if someone were to offer me $300 for my stick, I'd laugh in their face, LOL. But, this first stick was blood sweat and tears.
wow i was thinking it would be a lot less than that....damn...still we'll keep talking about it. that stick is beyond sexy. amazing.

nwo

Noob
Thanks for the compliment man.

It might be less than that, with no buttons or joystick, I'll let you know in the future.

Snarfulz

Noob
Bubble stick, better pics, price starts at 200 up to 320, plus shipping, all dual mod, painted or clear, easy to add custom art. clear bottoms on all. website in the making. you pick buttons ( sanwa or semitsu) colors, ball or bat top, price changes depending on the mods, we make and ship.

Whaaat! Fight Sticks, what you got?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Finally got this stick from Harmon (nomrah) after a couple years of lusting it lol

Bubble stick, better pics, price starts at 200 up to 320, plus shipping, all dual mod, painted or clear, easy to add custom art. clear bottoms on all. website in the making. you pick buttons ( sanwa or semitsu) colors, ball or bat top, price changes depending on the mods, we make and ship.

Whaaat! Fight Sticks, what you got?
We have a forum for selling, please do that there, please. http://testyourmight.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?92-TYM-Marketplace

Snarfulz

Noob
Thats my bubble, not for sale, but i will put the mass produced on there. These are my one of a kind customs.

axeman87

Noob
That shit is TIGHT bro! I like it. Love the logo as well BTW. Very nice. Thumbs up mate.

(Just finished my 2nd mod as well and will try to get around to posting some info about that)