What's new

Tech The Sonic Pound Vortex

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Imo wonder woman has better frame traps, better footsies, better damage. She can do amazing meterless damage, she has an air dash like you said. And i'f im not mistaken you have that shield charge thats safe?
Flash's RMS can duck some highs its weird. Like, he can duck Aquamans trident during rms, but not ares projectiles.
Some stuff need to be fixed, and his glitched mids need to be fixed no matter what.
On theory and paper what you are saying about flash is really good, but he doesn't have enough, Hes way more punishable than WW is.
You have a wake up that leads into 35% damage.
Flash doesn't
Its a bit different.
in this quote you said about better damage.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I agree about ending combos for sonic pound oki, my comment was more just about trying to use lightning charge to punish backdashes. I don't think it's worth it unless you're like 101% sure they are going to backdash.
Why would you ever do that, when you have a GP move that reaches just as far and is -1? I don't understand why thats the thought process.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Why would you ever do that, when you have a GP move that reaches just as far and is -1? I don't understand why thats the thought process.
It has been discussed in at least one thread here that lightning charge can punish back dashes (which it can). Again, you're 100% right, if sonic pound can catch backdashes too, there is no reason not to use it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Personally, I think the Flash will be seen as better when someone with good movement picks him up. I've still not seen a Flash player that doesn't look like they're playing on crack.

Psycho said about how hard it was to get in on Raven, patience works, same against Black Adam, and especially Green Lantern. But seems like you guys just wanna go in and throw random strings and specials out alot, which in turn gets you killed.

The best type of movement I've seen so far in this game, is the Tom Brady MK9 SZ style.
This is why I can't take much Flash discussion too seriously, there is nobody with the ability to represent him properly yet.

Reactions: RYX

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Personally, I think the Flash will be seen as better when someone with good movement picks him up. I've still not seen a Flash player that doesn't look like they're playing on crack.

Psycho said about how hard it was to get in on Raven, patience works, same against Black Adam, and especially Green Lantern. But seems like you guys just wanna go in and throw random strings and specials out alot, which in turn gets you killed.

The best type of movement I've seen so far in this game, is the Tom Brady MK9 SZ style.
This is why I can't take much Flash discussion too seriously, there is nobody with the ability to represent him properly yet.
Good point. No one wanna play him at high competition. That's why I'm asking myself if he's legit. In injustice you only have 90sec for possibly 3 rounds where zoning is strong, and you have nothing doing chip so sooner or later you gotta go in. Dunno if we can truly play Flash that way even if you're still right, patience is good in every situations and in every games ever.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Good point. No one wanna play him at high competition. That's why I'm asking myself if he's legit. In injustice you only have 90sec for possibly 3 rounds where zoning is strong, and you have nothing doing chip so sooner or later you gotta go in. Dunno if we can truly play Flash that way even if you're still right, patience is good in every situations and in every games ever.
Not to mention that late in matches, a clash hurts Flash so badly because it sets him back at full screen, and resets the cooldown on his trait.

Xenrail

Noob

the matchup is never in flash's favor if both players were on equal playing fields

Abil4ty

Hawaii
Nice tech! I just wish it didn't cost 2 meters... (1 meter to start midscreen and the other meter to gamble.) if Sonic pound could only MB move on hit that would make it a lot more viable in a real match. Meter is important for that second round.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

i wish i could have done something to calm my nerves at ect5 or you would have had your guy......but i'll just try to prove it next tournament when ever that is.

AYSAMO

Noob

I play flash like sub-zero since that was my main in MK, and AZ has way too strong a scene to be derping him out. I've been saying for a month now the character is not rushdown, and can't get away with unsafe options vs people knowledgeable on the matchup. He is a very good footsies character, and definitely has to fight for damage but once he gets a knockdown it's really hard not to lose 50% or more to Flash's oki game. Basically Flash plays like a grappler without a grapple you know? lol