What's new

Tech The Sonic Pound Vortex

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I'm pretty sure that this doesn't work properly against certain characters, due to weird sized or shaped hitboxes. it is still pretty consistent, but sometimes against smaller characters, the cross up just goes through them and lands on the other side without hitting (midscreen). I tried with Raven and Killer frost and catwoman, and it happened pretty often. Likewise with certain bigger characters (doomsday, grundy, bane, lobo) in the corner, the cross up just goes through them and they stand up with you in the corner.

Its possible that I'm just botching the timing and doing it too late, but given what we know about the hitbox on some of flash's other specials, it wouldn't surprise me if it WAS in fact just going through people for reasons unknown.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lol. Funny, One this is only a half vortex. Other half is an Okizeme.
You can't set this up properly at the end of any combo you do
This mid screen vortex you "found" was probably you finding something irrelevant.
You didn't say anything about it. you just said "lol omg this character is so stupid he has a 1 bar vortex mid screen."
you're so knowledgeable to even know the proper term for this..
Have fun claiming stuff on charlie mountain.
You don't play flash, I 100% doubt you found a set up such as this, within 5 minutes of looking at the character. Please throw your ego somewhere else. This cross up does not work after any combo. You literally think you're a know it all.
PND_Mustard
PND i2 Gaug3
UsedForGlue

Did I or did I not find a vortex with flash the first time I chose him?

Thank you.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I'm pretty sure that this doesn't work properly against certain characters, due to weird sized or shaped hitboxes. it is still pretty consistent, but sometimes against smaller characters, the cross up just goes through them and lands on the other side without hitting (midscreen). I tried with Raven and Killer frost and catwoman, and it happened pretty often. Likewise with certain bigger characters (doomsday, grundy, bane, lobo) in the corner, the cross up just goes through them and they stand up with you in the corner.

Its possible that I'm just botching the timing and doing it too late, but given what we know about the hitbox on some of flash's other specials, it wouldn't surprise me if it WAS in fact just going through people for reasons unknown.

It works on every character as long as you hit the Sonic pound right away after F213.
I tested this on every character bro :)
The reason why sometimes you wont even hit them is because you didn't time it right, or you walked forward.
Make sure you hit the pound asap, and you will hit them.
trust me it works :)

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Yeah with a trait I'm sure.

The character himself still is balls.
Lol he's an alright character. He's not as bad as lobo, lex, or bane but hes around B tier in my opinion. He just needs a few buffs. He's not COMPLETELY balls but he wont be able to compete in top 8 at a high skilled major.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Doesn't matter what you call it, its old new either way. Flash becomes strong once you make the opponent respect the fact that they cant wakeup/backdash and you can go into 5050 hitconfirms, a well played flash should never let the opponent go.

He's a better version of JC, but the cast have better ways to deal with JC style stuff. But he can still heavily limit their options as it is.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Doesn't matter what you call it, its old new either way. Flash becomes strong once you make the opponent respect the fact that they cant wakeup/backdash and you can go into 5050 hitconfirms, a well played flash should never let the opponent go.
I've been faithfully working on that 100%.
But for characters like Black Adam, Green Lantern, Raven,
He can't get in. literally cannot get in. even if both are well played. Getting in on a good killer frost with Flash can be a bitch storm to.
A well played flash never letting the opponent go is what im trying to do, i try to stay just outside of their sweet spot so they whiff and I can get a footsie in.
The problem is when he has no meter, F213 is completely unreliable and not usable. its interruptable.
Meaning, flash can only use 2 strings.
A rushdown player only being able to use 2 strings is a little dumb.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I've been faithfully working on that 100%.
But for characters like Black Adam, Green Lantern, Raven,
He can't get in. literally cannot get in. even if both are well played. Getting in on a good killer frost with Flash can be a bitch storm to.
A well played flash never letting the opponent go is what im trying to do, i try to stay just outside of their sweet spot so they whiff and I can get a footsie in.
The problem is when he has no meter, F213 is completely unreliable and not usable. its interruptable.
Meaning, flash can only use 2 strings.
A rushdown player only being able to use 2 strings is a little dumb.
WW is limited to 2 strings, obviously she has an air dash, but for the most part, she has exactly the same issues the flash does, but he's got a better anti-wakeup game and more rushdown options than her.

KF isnt hard to get in on at all, she does no chip and can only attack low to stop you getting in.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
WW is limited to 2 strings, obviously she has an air dash, but for the most part, she has exactly the same issues the flash does, but he's got a better anti-wakeup game and more rushdown options than her.

KF isnt hard to get in on at all, she does no chip and can only attack low to stop you getting in.
Imo wonder woman has better frame traps, better footsies, better damage. She can do amazing meterless damage, she has an air dash like you said. And i'f im not mistaken you have that shield charge thats safe?
Flash's RMS can duck some highs its weird. Like, he can duck Aquamans trident during rms, but not ares projectiles.
Some stuff need to be fixed, and his glitched mids need to be fixed no matter what.
On theory and paper what you are saying about flash is really good, but he doesn't have enough, Hes way more punishable than WW is.
You have a wake up that leads into 35% damage.
Flash doesn't
Its a bit different.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Imo wonder woman has better frame traps, better footsies, better damage. She can do amazing meterless damage, she has an air dash like you said. And i'f im not mistaken you have that shield charge thats safe?
Flash's RMS can duck some highs its weird. Like, he can duck Aquamans trident during rms, but not ares projectiles.
Some stuff need to be fixed, and his glitched mids need to be fixed no matter what.
On theory and paper what you are saying about flash is really good, but he doesn't have enough, Hes way more punishable than WW is.
You have a wake up that leads into 35% damage.
Flash doesn't
Its a bit different.
She doesn't have better frametraps because her advantage is pretty much all interuptable most of the time.
Wakeup spin is alright.

Shield charge isnt safe unless its MB.
What she has against standing opponents is probably better, but like I said, Flash dominates anti-wakeup.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
She doesn't have better frametraps because her advantage is pretty much all interuptable most of the time.
Wakeup spin is alright.

Shield charge isnt safe unless its MB.
What she has against standing opponents is probably better, but like I said, Flash dominates anti-wakeup.
Atleast you have a safe move for MB.
flash can only delay your wake up, its not really an anti wake up.
Once I hit you with a pound I cant do it again, so you can wake up again
And no cross ups will hit for flash in that range to.
So still prone to wake ups.
Flash would have to back up, and reach with a footsie incase of a wakeup attack. But even then, they can backdash, and then flash has to make a -21 risky read.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Flash would have to back up, and reach with a footsie incase of a wakeup attack. But even then, they can backdash, and then flash has to make a -21 risky read.
And even if Flash reads backdash correctly and punishes with lightning charge, he only gets 9% and another chance to guess wrong and have them get away. If he incorrectly reads backdash, he loses like 40%. The risk isn't worth the reward, at all.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
your wrong about the damage part, if the flash touches you and he has 1 bar and trait thats 60%+ life gone, everytime. once we figure out how to open people up as flash players thats when we will get better and the flash as well, but he still needs buffs :)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
And even if Flash reads backdash correctly and punishes with lightning charge, he only gets 9% and another chance to guess wrong and have them get away. If he incorrectly reads backdash, he loses like 40%. The risk isn't worth the reward, at all.
Thats why you end your combos in a range where you can land with both close and mid ground pound. Anti wakeup and 5050s, therefore, a vortex.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Thats why you end your combos in a range where you can land with both close and mid ground pound. Anti wakeup and 5050s, therefore, a vortex.
32 ender or a well timed b22f3 LC leaves them at your feet pretty much. not to mention if you hit them with MB SP its 54%

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
your wrong about the damage part, if the flash touches you and he has 1 bar and trait thats 60%+ life gone, everytime. once we figure out how to open people up as flash players thats when we will get better and the flash as well, but he still needs buffs :)
i didn't say anything about damage but yes once hes versatile im going to get fucking disgusting with flash lol.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I agree about ending combos for sonic pound oki, my comment was more just about trying to use lightning charge to punish backdashes. I don't think it's worth it unless you're like 101% sure they are going to backdash.