What's new

General/Other The Smoke Kouncil with 16Bit and M2Dave

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol the Sub MU is pretty bad for him but his corner game still seems to hold up pretty well against Smoke. Sub kind of has to come up with modified setups though because smoke away/toward goes through the clone as long as you space it correctly.

A lot of Freddy's tools can be anti-zoned pretty easily so he has to rely on all parts of his game to win the MU, but as it stands today I don't feel like it is 7-3 Smoke tbh. But with that said I can definitely see why it might be since SB is such a problem for Freddy...but at the same time if he starts out with a life lead it can be rough and risky for Smoke to come in and get damage because he can become more susceptible to Freddy's traps.

I would like to know more about this, but it is hard to know the MU a ton when m2dave never gives me any games at CoCo lol, and I don't get to play a ton of Freddy online except for Deftones and Squirt.

Pig Of The Hut, how is your Freddy coming along? Do you want to play the MU sometime?
A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y

I love this mu so much w freddy

My freddy's Body is ready

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Okay Smoke players, the Sub-Zero Kouncil wrapped up their first meeting so let's get to yours. Can any of you make it today or tomorrow, or will we have to shoot for next weekend? Evening hours as always.

FrothyOmen RiBBz22

Tag any other Smoke players who may be interested.

I am still in. I am always down to flame Smoke and Smoke player... I mean, have a respectful conversation with the fine Smoke community.
If the Smoke players are okay with it, then it'll happen. It's up to them.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Okay Smoke players, the Sub-Zero Kouncil wrapped up their first meeting so let's get to yours. Can any of you make it today or tomorrow, or will we have to shoot for next weekend? Evening hours as always.

FrothyOmen RiBBz22

Tag any other Smoke players who may be interested.

If the Smoke players are okay with it, then it'll happen. It's up to them.
I definitely can not do tonight because I have a buddy in from California that I have to see. Sunday could probably work, however I do get up for work on Monday at like 530AM. I would prefer to do it next weekend because I am on vacation starting Thursday all the way through Jan 2.
Wafflez subzerosmokerai xSMoKEx Glass_Sword LaR @Ghostface777o0o @mcnasty @smokey

As for m2dave I would say we should only be bringing him in during the Freddy discussion as long as he can control himself.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I definitely can not do tonight because I have a buddy in from California that I have to see. Sunday could probably work, however I do get up for work on Monday at like 530AM. I would prefer to do it next weekend because I am on vacation starting Thursday all the way through Jan 2.
Wafflez subzerosmokerai xSMoKEx Glass_Sword LaR @Ghostface777o0o @mcnasty @smokey

As for m2dave I would say we should only be bringing him in during the Freddy discussion as long as he can control himself.
Can't make it, i'm tied up with schoolwork before the break and i'll be busy all after.

I'll also be blunt and say if it's just going to be a troll fest with Dave and Bit then i'm not going to waste my time. No offence to either but i'm not a fan of that sort of stuff.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
All this will be is a Smoke bash lol. People claiming the Smoke users are downplaying and vice versa.....wait...that sounds entertaining actually.

SZSR

Noob

I'll do it as long as there are actual discussions about the character and not "Smoke players downplay all the time", because LBSH if it turns into that, it's not worth doing.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I likely wouldn`t be involved in the scheduling. Really, this whole idea came from me and 16bit talking. I said, "They should do a smoke kouncil, but have you and m2dave on there to make it interesting." Then I went to Blake with it cause he hosted the Kenshi council. That`s the only reason I`m the original poster for this. Blake will have the details.

RiBBz22

Smoke players, I talked to GamerBlake90 this morning and he was thinking we could probably have the Smoke Kouncil Saturday evening probably around 11-1130 eastern time.

Who would be interested joining on the Skype call?

@Wafflez
@xSMoKEx
@gross
@FrothyOmen
@RiBBz22
@LaR
@subzerosmokerai
@McNasty
@Ghostface777o0o
@smokey
@Faded Dreams V
@Smoke_Of_Finland
@Gimmick
@Enenra
@Glass_Sword
@matterovermind
@xarakamaka
@DRAMACYDAL
@Mothmonsterman0
@poofynamanama2
@Matix218
@The_SNKE
@Gixxerkid66
@BDMao88

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Yes, I apologize for my lack of responses here.

If any Smoke players can make it tomorrow evening, we can hold their council then. I am also going to release a notice regarding how all of these councils will be managed, so stay tuned for it.

I look forward to meeting with all those who can make it. Everyone is welcome, no restrictions applied.

And GGA 16 Bit and m2dave - if you are going to appear, don't go overboard with the whole "match-up police" thing, I don't want a good thing to degenerate in the eyes of the Smoke players.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm not going to appear when I'm obviously not wanted.

RiBBz22

@ Smoke players, it looks like we only have like 3 or 4 for the call tonight. Surely more people want to get in on this? Let me or Blake know if you are interested.

RiBBz22

Do we have a list of topics we want to discuss so I can prepare?
Here are just a few things off the top of my head..

1) Why did we pick Smoke to be our main
2) Normal MU discussion and how we approach fighting each one; Smoke's toughest MUs
3) Our thoughts on the damage resets, how the community perceives the character because of them, and Smoke's place on the tier list without them
4) Damage comparison to Cyrax
5) Strings (best worst)/Normals/Specials discussion; Properties of smoke bomb and if we ever think a projectile like this will return to the MK series
6) Complimentary characters
7) High level players dropping Smoke as their main
8) Let's be serious buff/nerf discussion

Possibly. Heading out to a "we survived the apocalypse" party tonight, if it's a bust i'll happily (drunkenly) talk with you guys on skype. RL > skype call where I will explain why smoke needs buffs

RiBBz22

Possibly. Heading out to a "we survived the apocalypse" party tonight, if it's a bust i'll happily (drunkenly) talk with you guys on skype. RL > skype call where I will explain why smoke needs buffs
Ya I am heading to a bar to see some people from out of town and probably won't be home until 12:30

I can't be talking too late into the night so I might have to duck out early if that's the case.
I hear ya, I gotta head to a place around 930 and I am just trying to be realistic because I am pretty sure there is no way I am gonna make it home by 1130 or even 12...