What's new

General/Other The Smoke Kouncil with 16Bit and M2Dave

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You know, I'm not sure I really want to do this now that I've given it some more thought. I feel that it's just entrapment to get blown up by the matchup police, and that nobody is really going to care what I have to say anyways. I'll leave it to Wafflez and xSMoKEx.

tl;dr i am a coward
The entire point is that this would be really entertaining. It's not about everyone hating on smoke or whatever. Yeah, you'll have some antagonists provoking you, but your defensive arguments will be great, and the whole thing will be really entertaining. That's the kind of stuff this community needs. We should have done it when Pig, myself, and BlindMan were on the Kenshi Kouncil. Do it for the fun man. It'll be good discussion of your character, with some antagonism to make it interesting for all the viewers.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Okay, I better address the concerns here.

When I stream anything, my word is law. This means that if any discussions going down for the Smoke Kouncil turn sour, I interfere and correct the situation, whether it be through warnings or through booting people from the call. Nobody will be turned off from the idea of attending the Smoke Kouncil, as I want to do this so that its players can move forward. As match-up discussions are indeed a part of these councils, such topics are more than likely to arise if we go through with this plan.

However, if the majority of Smoke players feel too uncomfortable with the idea of allowing m2dave and GGA 16 Bit on stream, so be it, I will ask them to bow out graciously. But I'm sure we respect each other enough that we will do all in our power to keep the discussions at a friendly yet entertaining level.

I don't have a problem with them being there. I welcome them. I am just hesitant about where they are planning on taking the discussion.

As I see it right now, if I go on there anything I say bit and dave will just tell me "No, you're wrong, you have no significant tournament placings so you don't know what you're talking about. Let me tell you how to play your character you obviously can't play after a year and a half of maining him while I've never used him in tournament myself. Your opinions are meaningless and wrong and you should be sent to downplayer's prison." I see that same thing being true for just about any smoke player that isn't Wafflez of xSMoKEx.

I'll just do something else with my time if that's how it's going to go, and let Wafflez do the arguing since he's Smoke of the world.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
As of right now, the Reptile players will be getting their council first, followed by the Sub-Zero players. Once they are done with, Smoke's is next.

If anybody here would like a streamed council for their character, send me a PM and I will arrange the meeting. Voice-to-voice communication has a better effect than communicating through forums at times.
When's the subby one going to be?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
"No, you're wrong, you have no significant tournament placings so you don't know what you're talking about. Let me tell you how to play your character you obviously can't play after a year and a half of maining him while I've never used him in tournament myself. Your opinions are meaningless and wrong and you should be sent to downplayer's prison."
You are 100% wrong.

I would also call you a fool somewhere in there.

For real, though. I do not even care about Smoke match ups. I just want to argue that Smoke beats Freddy 7:3.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You are 100% wrong.

I would also call you a fool somewhere in there.

For real, though. I do not even care about Smoke match ups. I just want to argue that Smoke beats Freddy 7:3.
Maybe if we actually played a long set sometime it would help the discussion. I personally think it is probably 7-3 but I haven't been ABLE to play the MU as much as I would like so I can't argue the 6-4 a ton either.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Maybe if we actually played a long set sometime it would help the discussion. I personally think it is probably 7-3 but I haven't been ABLE to play the MU as much as I would like so I can't argue the 6-4 a ton either.
The match up is definitely 7:3 in favor of Smoke if the Smoke player can hit the reset 90% of the time. Freddy has no chance to overcome such damage output without the ability to zone the opponent.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I don't have a problem with them being there. I welcome them. I am just hesitant about where they are planning on taking the discussion.

As I see it right now, if I go on there anything I say bit and dave will just tell me "No, you're wrong, you have no significant tournament placings so you don't know what you're talking about. Let me tell you how to play your character you obviously can't play after a year and a half of maining him while I've never used him in tournament myself. Your opinions are meaningless and wrong and you should be sent to downplayer's prison." I see that same thing being true for just about any smoke player that isn't Wafflez.

I'll just do something else with my time if that's how it's going to go, and let Wafflez do the arguing since he's Smoke of the world.
Fixed. Even if Wafflez does make a point it's labelled as 'downplaying' immediately.

So, does anyone still want this to happen? Like I've said in the past, I'm very willing to come on so long as it this doesn't become some crusade against smoke; but rather a discussion of the character and where he stands in the metagame presently.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So, does anyone still want this to happen? Like I've said in the past, I'm very willing to come on so long as it this doesn't become some crusade against smoke; but rather a discussion of the character and where he stands in the metagame presently.
I think they said it would happen in january. It was originally my idea so I'll make sure to stay in contact with Blake to make it happen. And then I'll post about it in here. Sound good?

RiBBz22

GamerBlake90 Under_The_Mayo I haven't heard anything about this for a while and have been seeing some other characters pop up. Are we still doing this? I am in favor of doing this with all Smoke players like the other councils so we can avoid senseless blowups and actually get some discussion going within our community since we all don't really get a chance to talk all that much.

RiBBz22

Is the Freddy Match any worse for him than it is for Sub Zero?
lol the Sub MU is pretty bad for him but his corner game still seems to hold up pretty well against Smoke. Sub kind of has to come up with modified setups though because smoke away/toward goes through the clone as long as you space it correctly.

A lot of Freddy's tools can be anti-zoned pretty easily so he has to rely on all parts of his game to win the MU, but as it stands today I don't feel like it is 7-3 Smoke tbh. But with that said I can definitely see why it might be since SB is such a problem for Freddy...but at the same time if he starts out with a life lead it can be rough and risky for Smoke to come in and get damage because he can become more susceptible to Freddy's traps.

I would like to know more about this, but it is hard to know the MU a ton when m2dave never gives me any games at CoCo lol, and I don't get to play a ton of Freddy online except for Deftones and Squirt.

Pig Of The Hut, how is your Freddy coming along? Do you want to play the MU sometime?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
GamerBlake90 Under_The_Mayo I haven't heard anything about this for a while and have been seeing some other characters pop up. Are we still doing this? I am in favor of doing this with all Smoke players like the other councils so we can avoid senseless blowups and actually get some discussion going within our community since we all don't really get a chance to talk all that much.
Yes, this is still happening. And I think since the Smoke players were uncomfortable with the "match-up police" joining us, I'll leave them out of the equation. (sorry, guys)

After Noob Saibot's council is done, you all are up next.