What's new

The Shang Tsung Video Vault

Theme

Noob
I dont know why, but Shng Tsung morph combos just bug me. Like its okay if it morphs at the end of the combo, but is it truly a Shang Tsung combo if the character the combo was done mostly in a different one? I dont know, thats just me...

Great combo though.

JrK

Probably Drunk
I dont know why, but Shng Tsung morph combos just bug me. Like its okay if it morphs at the end of the combo, but is it truly a Shang Tsung combo if the character the combo was done mostly in a different one? I dont know, thats just me...

Great combo though.
I feel the same. I want to learn and discover new shang combos, not just other cool combos from other fighters that can be done in the window.

Super cool none the less, but not the same.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!

Great combo though.
I feel the same. I want to learn and discover new shang combos, not just other cool combos from other fighters that can be done in the window.

Super cool none the less, but not the same.
I have to disagree with the above two posts.

It is very important to learn these morph combos, actually. You forget that one of Shang Tsung's crucial attributes is his Soul Steal. The Damage Boost he gets from it, as well as the abilities of the character he morphs into, could make all the difference in a fight. DetroitBalln313 mains Shang Tsung and he knows that to truly be successful with the sorceror, he needs to expand his array of abilities and knowledge. To that end, he's begun learning the entire roster so that he'll have something to improvise with in the case of Shang Tsung's Soul Steal.

You must never dismiss one of Shang Tsung's crucial attributes as a character like this. You never know what could happen in a fight. This is not to say that he isn't formidable by himself, of course, and I do agree with one thing: it never hurts to learn combos that are purely from the character's own abilities so that he can hold his own. But every ability has its uses and they must never be ignored.

Also, a morph combo is still a Shang Tsung combo since it usually involves attacks from both his morph and himself. You'll notice this by watching my combo videos closely. No other character has even the slightest trace of his ability to turn his foe's own powers against them.

That said...here are two more combo videos with Shang Tsung.

Shang Tsung's 63% Wall Combo with Cyber Sub-Zero Morph and X-ray included:

Shang Tsung's 56% Midscreen Combo with Cyber Sub-Zero Morph and two Enhance Bars used:

Belial

Noob
SS is Shangs best move. Hell its one of the best games in the entire game.
w/o it Shang is mid+ tier, with it he is top tier easily.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Shang Tsung's 81% Midscreen Combo with Quan Chi Morph and X-ray included:

Shang Tsung's 74% Wall Combo with Scorpion Morph and two Enhance Bars used:

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
lol awesome combo.

I don't think morph is as important as some people make it out to be far from the best special in the game. You have ground skulls to make strings safe and can end combo's with up skull pressure morph doesn't really seem as big of a game as people like to make it out to be.

And even if you do have diverse character knowledge chances are most of the time the person your playing against knows that character better than you so so sometimes all morphing does it puts yourself at a worse situation and many people make themselves even more predictable by rushing in and trying to capitalise of the damage boost. The top shang players like detroit and alex don't have SS as a key part of their game and still do great it's not a tool he has to rely on.

Shady

Noob
I did the third bar to make the combo look better. If you do the regular soul steal, the combo still ends up being 45%

Thanks anyways :)
Good shit then, I'll give that a shot since I do like ending a lot of shit with SS.

As for SS, yeah, it's not one of the best tools, but it is good. It acts as a reset denying the wake up, where as some characters wake ups can stuff Up Skull or ground skull pressure. It also let's you get on toe opponent more. You don't have to get ultra offensive with it, but I notice, even when I play really good players and get the SS they change the way they play. You don't always have to nail the best combo for the character you just morphed, but the threat is there, they become more conservative, more scared because one mistake means they're in for a a lot of damage. Also, chip wise , it's fucking great. I was playing a really good cage and got my SS combo in and then went in to frame trap which he kept blocking but still gave me soo much advantage of it.

It's not a make or brake tool that he has, and yes, a lot of good Shang players will always live without it (especially if they're matched up against an unfamiliar character), but those same Shang players are always aware that the option is there.

Belial

Noob
DetroitBallin: I dont understand what you're getting at. Are you willing to discuss or trying to show off?

Belial

Noob
You disagree that Soul Steal is a very strong move?
Or do you disagree that Shang Tsung is top tier character?
Or whatever do you disagree (or whatever "really?" means) with your post #34, please elaborate.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Belial, are you the same guy who had the really good Mitsu in SC4? Stop harassing our members:)

And no brother, Shang is nowhere near top tier. It's just that Detroit/Valle make him LOOK top tier. He has excellent tools, but so many chars give him trouble on paper it's just sad

Belial

Noob
Detroit: I dont need your help, dont jump to conclusions. All I wanted is to understand, why you were picking on what I previously said.

Nori: Yes. And no, you are wrong, shang is obv top tier. I wasnt the one who started "harassing"

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Nori: Yes. And no, you are wrong, shang is obv top tier. I wasnt the one who started "harassing"
In order for him to be top tier, he would have to be a better char than: Kabal, Cyrax, KL, Kitana, JC, Raiden, Reptile, Mileena, Sonya. You really think he has better tools than all these chars? Soul Steal is not that good, I'm sure most Shang players will agree. Any smart player will simply run away as soon as it hits cause nobody wants to eat a 8999% damage increase combo. Shang has to work very hard for wins. It doesn't mean he CAN'T win, but top tier? He can't lose to most of the top tiers and be top tier, that makes no sense

The harassing part was a joke, relax my man;)

In order for him to be top tier, he would have to be a better char than: Kabal, Cyrax, KL, Kitana, JC, Raiden, Reptile, Mileena, Sonya. You really think he has better tools than all these chars? Soul Steal is not that good, I'm sure most Shang players will agree. Any smart player will simply run away as soon as it hits cause nobody wants to eat a 8999% damage increase combo. Shang has to work very hard for wins. It doesn't mean he CAN'T win, but top tier? He can't lose to most of the top tiers and be top tier, that makes no sense

The harassing part was a joke, relax my man;)
You dont make sense, so every character in top tier has to be better then every other character in top tier?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You dont make sense, so every character in top tier has to be better then every other character in top tier?
Well......yes? I make perfect sense. If you need to reread it, that's fine. There is an established top tier already (Raiden/Cyrax/Kabal/Reptile/KL). Is Shang at this level or better? No. You can't just throw in half the cast into top tier. If Shang players want to make a case he's upper mid, fantastic, good luck w/that but if you look at HIS tools vs lots of other chars, it's not the same. Shang players have to work very hard to win. All the top 5 have easy panic buttons to get people off of them or in Cyrax's case, do ludicrous damage multiple ways. What are you not seeing here? Do you play in offline tournaments?