What's new

The Reptile Combo Thread

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I am having trouble with Reptiles punishment. I cannot seem to punish teleporters for some reason. When I start the combo, they fly u higher and my next hit misses. I tried to do the forceballs but those come out too slow. How do you guys punish teleports like Scorpions or Smoke?
FB, NJP, >>, 32 FB, 321 slide - 31%
32, FB, 32 FB, 321 slide - 27%
2 fast EX FB, 32 slow FB, 321 slide - 34%

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I am having trouble with Reptiles punishment. I cannot seem to punish teleporters for some reason. When I start the combo, they fly u higher and my next hit misses. I tried to do the forceballs but those come out too slow. How do you guys punish teleports like Scorpions or Smoke?
As soon as they land

321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > sfball > 32 > ffball > 321 > slide 37% no meter. If you have a trouble performing this combo then

Dash up 122 > ffball > NJP > 32 sfball > 321 >slide 34% no meter

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
One thing I do too is 3,2,1-elbow dash EX slide. If you time it right Reptile will send them even futher in the direction they were going. It is excellent to start a match, combo, and then finish with this. It almost always puts them in the corner.

Theme

Noob
Sick combos... too bad most of these will never see the light of a real match.... D:

I need to learn more Reptile BNB combos. The only one I can pull off at the moment is his 31% and thats not enough :(

tweek

Noob
Ok I have another question. From what I see, people here use NJP consistently. I have always used the combo:

jip1,2, sfb, 3,2, ffb 3,2 slide

now recently I've began to use a variation with a njp after the sfb but the ratio of times where i miss the hit on the njp is just annoying. I've noticed tho, that sometimes after the sfb my opponent shoots higher in the sky and sometimes lower. Is it just my imagination o is there something im doing wrong? Btw it's both online and offline

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Ok I have another question. From what I see, people here use NJP consistently. I have always used the combo:

jip1,2, sfb, 3,2, ffb 3,2 slide

now recently I've began to use a variation with a njp after the sfb but the ratio of times where i miss the hit on the njp is just annoying. I've noticed tho, that sometimes after the sfb my opponent shoots higher in the sky and sometimes lower. Is it just my imagination o is there something im doing wrong? Btw it's both online and offline
NJP in either combo has a strict timing.

Theme

Noob
So this costume can be unlocked....?
No it cant be unlocked sadly. Its a challenge tower thing much like how your only able to play with Goro I think. A lot of people are hoping that costume would be released for Reptile in one of these compatibility patches that has free costumes. Since this one is already made, it would be easy for NRS to do, but so far no word yet.

Theme

Noob
Reptile's 50% Midscreen Combo with three Enhance Bars used:

My next step is to do this combo, except without the EN versions of the forceballs and the acid hand.. is that even possible or MUST it be EN? The first step for me is to do the dash right after 321

Mario445

Noob
"JIP > 122 > ffball > NJP > 32 > sfball > 321 > slide 37%" - The original poster of the thread

I find it odd putting a combo in quotes but, I found a 38% combo that requires almost the same steps. Just replace 122 with 2

arydious

Noob
Hello all, First off let me say I am not a reptile player, I just started training with him to have some tricks up my sleeves. This is an awesome forum and it has already helped me out a ton.

I noticed almost every combo ends in a slide. This puts the opponent on the ground as we all know. For me i get kind of screwed by wake ups especially that damn thunder god. So instead of always ending in a slide you can end with an EX acid stream, this does the same thing as a johnny cage nut punch or almost exactly like sektor, have sektor shoot green instead of fire and it would look the same.

again I am not a reptile player and maybe reptile does not fear wake ups or has something for them all that I am not aware of yet. Just adding my two cents.

Arydious

arydious

Noob
JIP > 321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > ffball > 32 > sfball > 321 > slide 40%

JIP > 321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > 32 > sfball > ffball > 321 > slide 40%

Are the two above combos still working. I hit 3 2 1 elbow dash but i think im missing something the dash doesnt hit them but i also do not have the time to pull off a njp after it. Am I missing something or if I rinse and repeat enough will a lightbulb come one?

ok so I did actually accomplish this i just didnt realize the commands are basically instant and not at all hit confirmable. I never do the sneaky stuff reptile could do this is just unreal

arydious

Noob
"JIP > 122 > ffball > NJP > 32 > sfball > 321 > slide 37%" - The original poster of the thread

I find it odd putting a combo in quotes but, I found a 38% combo that requires almost the same steps. Just replace 122 with 2
I did the modified version you suggested JIP 2 ffball 32 sfball 321 EX Acid Spray to do 39% does use one mete though

arydious

Noob
1 meter for 1% more is not worth it.
I couldnt agree more 1 meter for 1% more damage isnt worth it, but this one meter also keeps them standing so they do not get to do a wake up attack. You can keep the reptilian onslaught going, instead of worrying about a wake up.