What's new

The Reptile Combo Thread

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
UsedForGlue, ur damn good at that regular dash after the EX acid hand.... i always have trouble continuing the combos post-EX acid hand if it's not in the corner.
It's not really about his normal FF dash, its about connecting the 3 2 EXAcidHand at its highest point, so you don't have to stress his normal dash.

I've been toying with a combo in training and was wondering if anyone more experienced with Reptile might be able to shed some light on if it's possible or not.

After a 321, elbow dash instead of a NJP you can dash forwards towards opponent and do a 1221.

Now I've been trying to add this on to the end of a 122,sfball,321,ffball,321,elbow dash, then a dash and finally 1221.

Now my timing could be way off or it's just not possible. Or it is possible, yet the damage output would be no greater than any other advanced combo. At which point learning to do it would be pointless, haha.

I can do a 321, elbow dash, dash, 1221. It's adding that on to a 122,sfball,321,ffball that's the problem.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I don't know why others have not noticed this in reptiles combos, but the best way to end them is def. EX acid stream. Here's why.

OK, this is reptiles bnb combo. ( IN MY OPINION.) Jump in combo punch-1,2,2,-fast forceball-netural jump punch-3,2,-slow forceball-3,2,1,-EX acid stream 39%.

Ok now, I know what you are thinking, well reptile has more damaging combos than that. Yes, yes he does, but only the EX acid stream completly prevents the wake up attack and it also sends them full screen putting them right back in range for zoning with forceballs and acid spit. Now, if you want to pressure, you can end it with the slow forceball and then elbow dash, but they will still have their wake up attack. I did not see any combos on here with the EX acid stream in them, it is a move that is seriously underrated and underused. It is an excellent and I mean excellent combo ender, not for the damage, but for the ability to prevent the wake up attack and for great spacing. Example: If you are fighting someone like Johnny Cage who is an excellent rush down character and has a powerful wake up game, you absoulty want to end your combos with EX acid stream. Get him away from you and take away his wake up attack. I almost always end my combos like this when I want to keep someone away from me and not have to deal with the wake up attack.

Oh ya, if you do this combo leading into the corner you have massive frame advantage after the EX acid stream and I mean absolutly massive frame advantage. You have a huge upper hand.

I was thinking it's impossible as I have tried over and over to get it to work without success.

Although I have come up with a few interesting combos to use other than the standard fball juggles for mixing up my game.

Not exactly devastatingly damaging combos but a little different from the usual.

1. 321, elbow dash, dash, 122, slide (7 hits, 23%)

2. 321, elbow dash, dash, 12, acid hand (6 hits, 23%)
Can connect an EXAcid Hand and possibly dash forward for a further juggle. Working on that just now.

3. 321, elbow dash, dash, 1221 (7 hits, 21%)
Although you can do a fball straight after it which would pressure the opponent and possibly hit.
Or do Acid Hand for any opponents who wake up and instantly crouch block.

4. 321, elbow dash, dash, 12, EXAcid Spit (6 hits, 24%)

Never thought about adding the acid spit on at the end till I read your above post, JHCrane.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I was thinking it's impossible as I have tried over and over to get it to work without success.

Although I have come up with a few interesting combos to use other than the standard fball juggles for mixing up my game.

Not exactly devastatingly damaging combos but a little different from the usual.

1. 321, elbow dash, dash, 122, slide (7 hits, 23%)

2. 321, elbow dash, dash, 12, acid hand (6 hits, 23%)
Can connect an EXAcid Hand and possibly dash forward for a further juggle. Working on that just now.

3. 321, elbow dash, dash, 1221 (7 hits, 21%)
Although you can do a fball straight after it which would pressure the opponent and possibly hit.
Or do Acid Hand for any opponents who wake up and instantly crouch block.

4. 321, elbow dash, dash, 12, EXAcid Spit (6 hits, 24%)

Never thought about adding the acid spit on at the end till I read your above post, JHCrane.
It works very well and it can be tricky to do, but is absolutly can be done in combos. The EX acid stream will wiff most of the time on the 3,2,1,-elbow dash-njp-fast forceball-3,2,-slow forceball-3,2,1-EX Acid stream WILL WIFF MOST OF THE TIME SO DO NOT USE IT IN THIS COMBO.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
EX Acid Stream does not grant advantage in the corner. If you try to go into another combo or block string you can easily be poked out.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Yes they have time to block a combo, but you have enough to mix up: grab, slide, acid hand, cross over jump punch and elbow dash them back in the corner or you can lock them into your 1,2,2,1-1,2,b1 combos if your quick enough for the 50/50 until they guess right. Acid stream is great to use in the corner. You have the advantage because you have taken away there wake up attack and you can pressure instantly. Now, they can pressure too but a smart reptile player will be ready.

RapZiLLa54

Advantage on hit in my opinion means you are able to do something that the opponent cannot interrupt such as when Scorpions teleport punch hits he is granted a free safe jump to go into a mix up.

The EX acid stream leave you both at the same advantage and with the opponent that close anything can happen. Go to trainer switch the CPU to JUMP to hit the acid stream in the corner and then jump immediately. You will both jump at the same exact time, which means no advantage.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I see what you are saying. I must not be faceing very stiff opponets, it always seems to work for me. Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out. Hey RapZiLLa, I tried to send you a friend request over xbox, but I think your friends list is full.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
So, I've been playing online again, and am now using online friendly combos which don't use the NJP; I've had a little more success landing them lately but it's still a bit of a gamble!

321, elbow dash, 32 slow FB, fast FB, 321 slide - 33% (37% with NJP)
JIP, 2 fast FB, 32 slow FB, 321 slide - 34% (38% with NJP)
122 fast FB, 32 slow FB, 321 slide - 31% (34% with NJP)

So it's merely a 3 to 4% damage reduction without the NJP; which isn't that huge of a deal, I suppose. Certainly prefer using the NJP but hey, it's good enough. It works for online, at least. Anyways, figured I'd share!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
quick question for your reptile veterans. after you finish a combo with a 321 ex slow fb dash. what do you guys follow up with. i either go with d3 acid hand or slide since if you slide right before the fb hits it will pop them up

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
quick question for your reptile veterans. after you finish a combo with a 321 ex slow fb dash. what do you guys follow up with. i either go with d3 acid hand or slide since if you slide right before the fb hits it will pop them up
Go with 321 acid handx2, since they're going to block it; it's good chip damage.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
hehe ex acid spit grants you massive frame advantage if you trade with another move :)
Oh god, my brain is going to work on ways to incorporate EX spit period into my game now.

RapZiLLa54

Corner Combo added 3 meters 50%

321 > EX Acid hand > 4 > EX fastball > 4 Ex Slowball > 4 slide- The easiest 50% you'll ever get lol unpractical I know.

And

Advanced combo

JIP > 321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > EX Acid Hand> 32 > ffball > sfball > 321 > slide 45% 1 meter

Haven't seen this one I use, but I was only skimming...

jIP, 321, Elbow Dash, EXFFB, 32, SFB, 321, Slide - 41% 1 Meter

Edit: Works easier online, timing wise, than nJP.

RapZiLLa54

Its a Kenshi video I know but go to 5:08 where he uses Reptile. With Kenshi in the corner he basically adds 17% onto any combo do to his OTG reset. He gets 3 bars 71% with Reptile which I guess would make it 54%??

RapZiLLa54

Added the Kung Lao blocked spin punish. Big thanks to THTB

f2 > sfball > NJP > 32 > ffball > 321 > slide

Theme

Noob
I am having trouble with Reptiles punishment. I cannot seem to punish teleporters for some reason. When I start the combo, they fly u higher and my next hit misses. I tried to do the forceballs but those come out too slow. How do you guys punish teleports like Scorpions or Smoke?