What's new

The REAL Johnny Cage Match Up Chart

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I appreciate the words friends. But if people are actually saying deluded things like "Kenshi vs Cage is 5 5" then there's simply nothing more to say. Everyone drank the koolaid already.
that's someone's opinion, of course in reality its not 5-5. you shouldn't let people's opinions turn you off bro. its up to people like yourself really to pave the way for the information train, to educate those people you know? but you already know this, i would love for someone to post a video for and against cage like your ultimate kenshi vids.

I appreciate the words friends. But if people are actually saying deluded things like "Kenshi vs Cage is 5 5" then there's simply nothing more to say. Everyone drank the koolaid already.
These are only initial matchup numbers. Like REO said, the point is that Cage beats or loses to these characters... It doesn't matter what the numbers are right now. They'll be figured out eventually. I was making a big deal about the numbers at first, but numbers don't really matter. The matchup itself is what matters. As for Kenshi-Cage being 5-5, I believe Pig said that f0xy and Curbo make it seem like 5-5, and I think f0xy and Curbo believe it to be even. I'm sure they could explain their reasoning more. (Personally I believe it's in Kenshi's favor.)

So there was some discussion yesterday on the Woolay show about the Cage-Sonya MU and how it might be in Sonya's favor. I feel like it can be a tough MU for Cage, and could be 4-6 Sonya's favor. What do some of you guys think? Death CURBOLICOUS A F0xy Grampa Dizzy

I'm also starting to think Freddy might be a bad MU, 4-6 in Freddy's favor. I think Freddy's midscreen and upclose game is underestimated with NMS against Cage. m2dave

Note: I'm assuming we're not using .5s so that's why I'm rounding it out to 4-6.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So there was some discussion yesterday on the Woolay show about the Cage-Sonya MU and how it might be in Sonya's favor. I feel like it can be a tough MU for Cage, and could be 4-6 Sonya's favor. What do some of you guys think? Death CURBOLICOUS A F0xy Grampa Dizzy

I'm also starting to think Freddy might be a bad MU, 4-6 in Freddy's favor. I think Freddy's midscreen and upclose game is underestimated with NMS against Cage. m2dave

Note: I'm assuming we're not using .5s so that's why I'm rounding it out to 4-6.
i agree 100% kenshi freddy kabal sonya give cage a hard time i also think kitana does as well, her damage output/zoning/rushdown are top tier that why she is top 3-5 in my opinion. if noob had just 1 fast normal under 10 frames and armor on one move it would be noob 6-4 over cage aswell imo

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm also starting to think Freddy might be a bad MU, 4-6 in Freddy's favor. I think Freddy's midscreen and upclose game is underestimated with NMS against Cage. m2dave.
At the highest level of play (i.e., when the Cage player learns how to approach Freddy while taking the least amount of damage), the match up is even. I cannot win more games vs. Master D.'s Cage in casuals or in a tournament. We go even. If your character has extremely good offense, he/she can overcome Freddy's zoning.

NMS is excellent vs. Cage, but f+3 will beat NMS, 1, 2, and 3 unless the Freddy player spaces each attack perfectly.

Reactions: nBe

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

I think it might be a 6-4 MU in sonyas favor

Death

Noob
Sonya/Cage is even. Its tough as a Sonya player rushing Cage down but Sonya also has the tools to deal with Cage. Curbo you told cage only bad MU is Kabal? Has anything changed since then?

Death

Noob
At the highest level of play (i.e., when the Cage player learns how to approach Freddy while taking the least amount of damage), the match up is even. I cannot win more games vs. Master D.'s Cage in casuals or in a tournament. We go even. If your character has extremely good offense, he/she can overcome Freddy's zoning.

NMS is excellent vs. Cage, but f+3 will beat NMS, 1, 2, and 3 unless the Freddy player spaces each attack perfectly.
What do u think of the difference between Sonya and Cage vs Freddy? I can imagine the MU could be easier from Cage point of view cuz he can keep Freddy in with his mid hitting strings such as F+3 and Cage 11f1 hits Freddy crouching. Sonya it seems her strings hit high and you can poke~teleport away. With Sonya i have a hard time keeping Freddy in.

I dont see why cage sonya is even because her ex move is ten times better, her d4 MS f1 is probably the best footsie tool in the game, and he rings can recover so fast that its basically free meter/chip

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What do u think of the difference between Sonya and Cage vs Freddy? I can imagine the MU could be easier from Cage point of view cuz he can keep Freddy in with his mid hitting strings such as F+3 and Cage 11f1 hits Freddy crouching. Sonya it seems her strings hit high and you can poke~teleport away. With Sonya i have a hard time keeping Freddy in.
Yeah. Cage's pressure is even better than Sonya's. f+3 beats pretty much everything Freddy does at mid range. Cage can also punish spikes and teleports with shadow kicks at certain distances. EX shadow kick is useful at the end of rounds. And believe it or not, Cage's awful projectiles are better than Sonya's vs. Freddy because he cannot spike under them full screen away. At the moment, I think Cage vs. Freddy is an even match up, but Freddy beats Sonya 6:4.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I dont see why cage sonya is even because her ex move is ten times better, her d4 MS f1 is probably the best footsie tool in the game, and he rings can recover so fast that its basically free meter/chip
Exactly my thoughts.

I have a at times difficulty approaching Sonya for the reasons you mentioned and more: her down poke stops your F3 entry, when she has meter you have to be less aggresive when pressuring, and counter poking is a risk due to dive kick and her armor.