What's new

The Official TYM Summer Jam 9 Viewer's Guide, Hype & Updates Thread

Ravosa

Wild Card
How does Mileena do vs. GM sub?

I know it's easy for her to roll under clone toss, a move that Tom was using a lot in the matches I saw streamed--but of course Tom knows that too and likely has a game plan for the MU.
I play GM sub and play MrMileena so here's my take. The threat of her teleport is always there so shit like iceball and clone toss are risky behind the clone. Freezing her with the clone when she does roll makes her hitbox real weird and hard to combo off. It's not the worst MU but it's not one I look forward too either as GM sub.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I play GM sub and play MrMileena so here's my take. The threat of her teleport is always there so shit like iceball and clone toss are risky behind the clone. Freezing her with the clone when she does roll makes her hitbox real weird and hard to combo off. It's not the worst MU but it's not one I look forward too either as GM sub.
Hes running ethereal mileena, im curious how that does against sub

Ravosa

Wild Card
Hes running ethereal mileena, im curious how that does against sub
I don't really know honestly. MrMileena doesn't really play ethereal against me. I haven't played a high level ethereal but I would imagine being able to teleport behind the clone is nice. Of course the meta will evolve and you can start to bait that.

Jolt

Uprise
I don't really know honestly. MrMileena doesn't really play ethereal against me. I haven't played a high level ethereal but I would imagine being able to teleport behind the clone is nice. Of course the meta will evolve and you can start to bait that.
You can rarely teleport behind the clone, most of the time it goes right into it lol. Definitely does off of a corner setup. It'll depend on where Sub-Zero keeps his own body mostly. Needs to be in the general area where Mileena will reappear and she'll get pushed right into the clone when she appears.

I'm an ethereal Mileena main that struggles in the GM Sub matchup. I know she has the tools, I just haven't labbed the matchup enough. I think Saltface can take this one, I'd dare say if he knows the teleport ranges and what will and will not get him to waste a bar of meter right into the clone, I'd give ethereal the slight edge just for being able to ultimately ignore the clone toss AND the ice ball with an EX fade

Ravosa

Wild Card
You can rarely teleport behind the clone, most of the time it goes right into it lol. Definitely does off of a corner setup. It'll depend on where Sub-Zero keeps his own body mostly. Needs to be in the general area where Mileena will reappear and she'll get pushed right into the clone when she appears.

I'm an ethereal Mileena main that struggles in the GM Sub matchup. I know she has the tools, I just haven't labbed the matchup enough. I think Saltface can take this one, I'd dare say if he knows the teleport ranges and what will and will not get him to waste a bar of meter right into the clone, I'd give ethereal the slight edge just for being able to ultimately ignore the clone toss AND the ice ball with an EX fade
You on PS4? I wouldn't mind getting some practice in that match up. Also, how many rounds would it be? I'd hate to see brady get gimmicked out.

Jolt

Uprise
You on PS4? I wouldn't mind getting some practice in that match up. Also, how many rounds would it be? I'd hate to see brady get gimmicked out.
I am on PS4, it's MyronJ906 (same as on here) and I could definitely afford to get some experience in the matchup myself. I think they're still first to 2 if Brady has been doing his homework, he'll have a chance but Saltface has also been playing fantastic this weekend.

Ravosa

Wild Card
I am on PS4, it's MyronJ906 (same as on here) and I could definitely afford to get some experience in the matchup myself. I think they're still first to 2 if Brady has been doing his homework, he'll have a chance but Saltface has also been playing fantastic this weekend.
Alright I'll add you. Not sure I like it being FT2. Brady has no doubt done his homework but this late in the tourney, FT2 seems kind of weak.