What's new

The Official TYM Summer Jam 9 Viewer's Guide, Hype & Updates Thread

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Son of a bitch with these controllers! Again?!

They need to just stop letting players walk around with controllers. Have that shit locked up in a glass case beside the consoles. You want to play? Take your controller out. You're done? Put it back in. You're walking around with a controller? You're DQed. Get out of the venue.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
If you forget to disconnect the previous match's controllers, that is COMPLETELY YOUR FAULT.

REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN NOW DISCONNECT YOUR PS4 CONTROLLER AFTER ASSOCIATING YOUR PS3 CONTROLLER WITH IT.

In a case of a unsynced ps4 controller taking over the system and you guys forgot to disconnect the controller...
You have two options
A. Both players agree on where they go with the match (Ask for me if you guys need help deciding)

B. You do not both agree on it, the match will be replayed to the very round.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Son of a bitch with these controllers! Again?!

They need to just stop letting players walk around with controllers. Have that shit locked up in a glass case beside the consoles. You want to play? Take your controller out. You're done? Put it back in. You're walking around with a controller? You're DQed. Get out of the venue.
Or people could just remember to desync controllers. It really isn't that hard.

joke mate
Whoops.

Xev

Noob
I'm still shaking my head that players aren't removing controller profiles via bluetooth settings before starting a match. Cmon people, we've even had people on here making vids just show people would know about it. It only takes some seconds.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Or people could just remember to desync controllers. It really isn't that hard.
It's not about being hard; it's about being reliable. This has happened so many times that you CANNOT expect that players will desync before each match themselves, or desync after each.

What you could do is have a referee start each match, and his or her only responsibility is to desync controllers after and before each match. That could work.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's not about being hard; it's about being reliable. This has happened so many times that you CANNOT expect that players will desync before each match themselves, or desync after each.

What you could do is have a referee start each match, and his or her only responsibility is to desync controllers after and before each match. That could work.
Yeah that would probably be best.