What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

It will obviously never be perfect like offline, but I've had really good connection a couple of times that felt nearly offline. If you want good connection online, try to find someone super close to you (same state/province) with good internet as well.
Thats encouraging. All the locals are on PS4 and I'm on xbone so haven't had a chance to play them online. I'll sell some sticks and get a ps4 this month.

Trying to get hotshot Johnny Cage in this netcode is basically the worst thing ever. I want the stupid costumes but having to get 10 wins in laggy barely playable online against randoms with one health bar is herpes.
Trying to get this costume gave me an aneurysm.

Also, I hate how some characters have a bunch of costumes while a lot of characters like Erron Black still have only two. They did this shit in Injustice and MK9 too. Scorpions costume list cover the screen, can I please get at least one more Erron Black skin? Especially considering I don't like his outcast costume very much.

Other than the netcode needing to be fixed, that's all my complaints.

Redux

Ex Phase
Why is jumping so effective in this game? I can't punish it at all and it's even worse when the connection is aids.
Also I don't have any locals so it really discourages me from trying to practice anymore due to how bad online is.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Jumping is retarded, It's close to street fighter level when you just have to stay there and take it.
Tripguarding is the best you can do not to get stuffed, but with some jump attacks it still doesn't work.

The only thing that works is invincible backdashing through their attack and whiff-punishing their already-SPAMMED-from-the-air dial-a-combo.

mr. tibbs

λ=11
Bring Baraka back.

Not feelin' Jaqui Briggs or Cassie..I'm not for Family Feud MK.
I can't believe the characters they chose to kill off--specifically Baraka and Mileena, two of the most iconic, interesting MK characters ever--and the shitty ones they introduced. The four brats can all go to hell. Ditto Johnny Cage.

I like story and atmosphere of a game, never skip the intros, etc, and I'm sick of the LOLBRO characters that are apparently the future of the series.

Oh well. At least Mileena is still playable. For now.

The 4 characters that got to represent the future of the games for now on, suck as much as Mokap, Blaze and Meat put together. And that's saying something as Meat is probably more popular than all 7 combined!

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
Sick of get out of jail free d3, hitboxes problems, online shitservers, every noob in the FGC riding Sonic Fox's Kitana cock, sick of cord pulling not being penalized, sick of seeing "buy this buy that", get out of jail free x rays, 50/50 god tier vortexes, weaker characters not getting any buff attention, goro still sucking, crystalline tremor doesn't explode into fruity pebbles when dying, the list goes on and on

I'm still angry we aren't receiving any Salty Reports.... So much that's been happening after EVO and no one is here to report it :(.

Robbie Rage

Friend to the Reptiles
Every matchup isn't 8-2 in Reptile's favor.

Okay, in all seriousness...

- Sub-Zero tends to get a bit gimped in the newer games. One of the ninja posterboys deserves better.
- SonicFox is almost unstoppable. Someone stop this kid!
- If we're going to have a run mechanic, is it too much to ask for a dedicated run button?
- Jason and Goro are kinda underpowered.
- Kabal is still dead.
- Erron Black doesn't wear his hat across all variations.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Wtf NRS? Every female character I end up liking (except Sonya... she's still hanging in there) turns out to be underwhelming in gameplay despite their potential or they get killed off. Where's Frost? Where's Jade? Where's Sindel? Where's Jacqui (lol)? And the next game I'm probably gonna be saying "Where's Mileena"?

This is some bullshit... fuck Tanya and Kitana.

Grec

Noob
One: Almost no defensive options. Block Break is pathetic and need to be more like pushblock. 2 meters and full stamina for block break? So bad. Backdashes also shouldn't take stamina, that's just nonsense, and the time it takes for stamina to come back after a breaker feels like eternity. There's just too many situations where you're forced to take tons of chip damage with nothing you can do about it.

Two: Lack of crossover setups. Some mk players have never played a game with crossovers but they seriously flip things on its head. It turns characters that seemingly would have very weak potential in a game like MK into strong characters. In Injustice it felt like the setups and ideas you could come up with where infinite. In MKX you're kind of just stuck with what you got unless your character has a tool that can allow for creative setups and combos like Predators Trap or Quan Chi's bat. See what I mean?

There's only two problems, but they limit what could otherwise be the best fighter ever

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm starting to really lose any respect I had for this game as it progresses. It might be because I'm drunk, but it also could be that this game sucks and it promotes the worst habits of fighting games to be a staple and part of it's neutral.