What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Why can't you tech throws while holding block?
Why wouldn’t you just mash tech in that case? There’d never be a reason not to mash while holding block. Sure you still have front and back throw, but you’d just mash tech for whichever puts you or keeps you in/near the corner. And if people adapt by throwing opposite of the corner, perfect, now you’re out of the corner. So what if you eat a krushing blow once in a match.

To me I want tech to be throw itself and I have never liked the 50/50 behind front and back throws. You should be teching the grab itself, not the throw.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
You're correct and incorrect. I had to check the variations thread. On PC and I assume switch, she does have an empty slot, because we're a patch behind.
I think you're talking about presets not the default. The default loadouts are not tournament ones. You need to go into ability screen, hit 1, and select the preset with the trophy

LockM

Noob
Why wouldn’t you just mash tech in that case? There’d never be a reason not to mash while holding block. Sure you still have front and back throw, but you’d just mash tech for whichever puts you or keeps you in/near the corner. And if people adapt by throwing opposite of the corner, perfect, now you’re out of the corner. So what if you eat a krushing blow once in a match.

To me I want tech to be throw itself and I have never liked the 50/50 behind front and back throws. You should be teching the grab itself, not the throw.
You are right, i definitley did not think that statement through, just not used to a block button.

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
Guys I'm really confused about the variation system. I just bought the game today and currently have it installing while I'm at work. I wrote down all of Gunshow's combos for "War Hero," which I assume is the one with gotcha grab and dashing punch. But then I go to eventhubs and look at the variation system (https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/apr/23/here-are-mortal-kombat-11-kompetitive-variations-every-character-and-which-moves-are-enabled-them/) but I don't see "War Hero" listed? What am I missing?

fireborg

Noob
ok soo
i am not extra touchy or something, but..
NRS considers to tone down the fatalities a bit in future? I think this time they look so realistic, i dont want to feel in in MK12 like iam watching a grusome murder live.
I know its part of the franchise, creates promotion. while some enjoy it, some hate it and some are in the middle.
I think there are limits to this and would not push it further

ok soo
NRS considers to tone down the fatalities a bit in future? I think this time they look so realistic, i dont want to feel in in MK12 like iam watching a grusome murder live.
I know its part of the franchise, creates promotion. while some enjoy it, some hate it and some are in the middle.

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
Oh man...I have so many complaints. I'll start with the positives first though. The game is beautiful. This is the best looking fighting game I have ever seen and it's not even close. Also, I'm really glad they finally figured out how to make realistic looking Asian people. Liu Kang and Kitana especially look great. Kitana is gorgeous.

Now on to my complaints. Speaking of Kitana -- why does a white woman do her voice? An Asian guy does LK's voice...black people do black characters' voices...just weird to me.

Next -- why have classic moves been messed with? Why doesn't scorpion's spear create a stagger and allow you to combo? Where is Jax's superman punch? I've only just started playing the game but it seems like more than a few of these classic moves are missing.

The roster is pretty weak. Not many characters and some of the all time greats are not included to make room for scrubs like Cetrion and Geras. We don't need Jacqui or Cassie. Not having Sektor and Cyrax as playable is unforgivable. Where are Smoke, Reptile, Rain, Kenshi, etc? This should be a huge roster and it's very underwhelming.

Also, the SJW'ing of the female costumes is really sad and pathetic. The costumes themselves don't really even matter that much, but the fact that NRS and MK of all companies/games would bow to the topical SJW bullshit is really depressing. This is game with the most graphic violence imaginable, but showing some T&A is too much? I kind of wonder if NRS has a new upper management schema or something because this change and the bullshit RNG grind seems so out of character...

I'm not a fan of variations. I don't like that some variations have some of the character's special moves, and other variations have others. I want one character with all of those moves, MK9 and before style.

Another huge one that many have touched on -- this game was marketed on customization. The huge problem here is that the customization options are only allowed in player matches. Ideally, I should be able to fully customize the way my character looks and the moves he has AND i should then be able to bring that character, as is, into ranked matches and into live tournaments. I know the latter presents difficulties for TO's that may not be feasible, but not having this option for online ranked at the minimum is unforgivable.

I won't even touch on the grindy towers BS because everyone else already has. What I will say is that I don't buy NRS' "apology stream" explanation for a second. It was never your intent to get players to buy in-game upgrades with real money? Okay then. Exactly how stupid do you think we are?

I haven't been back here in a bit, but 16-bit seemed very involved in the creative process of this game. What's his take on the fallout?

TL;DR: NRS fucked up and deserves every bit of the review bombing they're receiving for trying to greedily exploit its fanbase. I'm really surprised they'd do this. It sucks.

Kal

<3
ok soo

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So I just spent an hour on a Jax tower grinding through enemies with too much health (last fight in the second tower had at least 1500 health) only to discover that if you are doing a tower and the time expires, you get kicked out. Now this is important, because in Injustice 2, you could stay and complete a multiverse as long as you didn't back out of it. Why in the fuck they removed that feature if beyond me

i really regret buying into the hype and getting baited. i already bought it with the expectation i'd drop it in a few months after nrs nerfs the fun stuff (i played summoner quan and aftershock tremor in mkx,) but i'm super shocked to discover that i cant even find any 'fun stuff' that will later be nerfed.

i wish i didnt spend more than 2 hours on it so i could've refunded but unfortunately i need longer than that to make sure my opinion is at LEAST semi-accurate for a fighter.. but with only 5 hour playtime i can clearly see the writing on the wall because these chars are some of the most bland and limited designs ever. i don't think these fighting game chars would have been considered creative if mk11 was a game made in 2009, even.
I was feeling the same way at first but the "fun stuff" are in the Krushes and the game is better for it. This is the most honest MK has ever been and its 100x more fun to play to me in extended sessions because of it.

I play on an arcade stick. Am I just fucked in towers of time because konsumables are activated with the RS? I even read an article where someone from NRS talked about how the games are made with pads in mind but they do everything to make sure sticks work too. Well, if that wasn’t just a dirty fucking lie.

Even a way to map Konsumables to buttons for towers of time, please someone tell me there is and I’ve just missed it in my stubborn rage?

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I play on an arcade stick. Am I just fucked in towers of time because konsumables are activated with the RS? I even read an article where someone from NRS talked about how the games are made with pads in mind but they do everything to make sure sticks work too. Well, if that wasn’t just a dirty fucking lie.

Even a way to map Konsumables to buttons for towers of time, please someone tell me there is and I’ve just missed it in my stubborn rage?
That's bad. Really bad. Try pressing some buttons together. I learned that pressing block+3+4 triggers the fatal blow on stick. 1+2 is interact and 3+4 is flip stance. There might be a way for activating consumables.

HAMMER

Noob
Oh man...I have so many complaints. I'll start with the positives first though. The game is beautiful. This is the best looking fighting game I have ever seen and it's not even close. Also, I'm really glad they finally figured out how to make realistic looking Asian people. Liu Kang and Kitana especially look great. Kitana is gorgeous.

Now on to my complaints. Speaking of Kitana -- why does a white woman do her voice? An Asian guy does LK's voice...black people do black characters' voices...just weird to me.

Next -- why have classic moves been messed with? Why doesn't scorpion's spear create a stagger and allow you to combo? Where is Jax's superman punch? I've only just started playing the game but it seems like more than a few of these classic moves are missing.

The roster is pretty weak. Not many characters and some of the all time greats are not included to make room for scrubs like Cetrion and Geras. We don't need Jacqui or Cassie. Not having Sektor and Cyrax as playable is unforgivable. Where are Smoke, Reptile, Rain, Kenshi, etc? This should be a huge roster and it's very underwhelming.

Also, the SJW'ing of the female costumes is really sad and pathetic. The costumes themselves don't really even matter that much, but the fact that NRS and MK of all companies/games would bow to the topical SJW bullshit is really depressing. This is game with the most graphic violence imaginable, but showing some T&A is too much? I kind of wonder if NRS has a new upper management schema or something because this change and the bullshit RNG grind seems so out of character...

I'm not a fan of variations. I don't like that some variations have some of the character's special moves, and other variations have others. I want one character with all of those moves, MK9 and before style.

Another huge one that many have touched on -- this game was marketed on customization. The huge problem here is that the customization options are only allowed in player matches. Ideally, I should be able to fully customize the way my character looks and the moves he has AND i should then be able to bring that character, as is, into ranked matches and into live tournaments. I know the latter presents difficulties for TO's that may not be feasible, but not having this option for online ranked at the minimum is unforgivable.

I won't even touch on the grindy towers BS because everyone else already has. What I will say is that I don't buy NRS' "apology stream" explanation for a second. It was never your intent to get players to buy in-game upgrades with real money? Okay then. Exactly how stupid do you think we are?

I haven't been back here in a bit, but 16-bit seemed very involved in the creative process of this game. What's his take on the fallout?

TL;DR: NRS fucked up and deserves every bit of the review bombing they're receiving for trying to greedily exploit its fanbase. I'm really surprised they'd do this. It sucks.
Why does a black man do Kratos' (a white man) voice in the God of War series? Agendas BABY. That's why!!

My complaint cosmetically is that the fatalities are kind of lame this time around. I also hate how they say "Fatality" before the fighters' name in the victory exit scene.

And the pause with the fatalities is incredibly lame too.

The game play to me just sucks. I doubt I'll change my mind; but, we'll see.

That's bad. Really bad. Try pressing some buttons together. I learned that pressing block+3+4 triggers the fatal blow on stick. 1+2 is interact and 3+4 is flip stance. There might be a way for activating consumables.
They’re really helpful, cheers!

Yeah once you get a difficult tower or a really unfortunate modifier (ice rain) it’s basically game over

I think you're talking about presets not the default. The default loadouts are not tournament ones. You need to go into ability screen, hit 1, and select the preset with the trophy
Yes but when I do that with her on PC, those two list her as having no defined ability in the 3rd slot. Maybe PC is bugged and her variations are listed differently? Not totally sure but when I hover over it in presets, it DEFINITELY says she doesn't have a move, and when I select it and save it, the variation does not have a 3rd move slotted.

I know it's probably too early to determine their usefulness and application but I think flawless block is kinda lame. I feel like the only games that successfully got parries right were 3rd strike and soul calibur

Towers of time can fuck right off. About to do a tower to get closer to getting a Jax skin and they tell me I have to do 50 goddamn uppercuts first.
Edit: Just spent around 200k in the Krypt and didn’t get a single Jax skin, fuck this game

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Towers of time can fuck right off. About to do a tower to get closer to getting a Jax skin and they tell me I have to do 50 goddamn uppercuts first.
Edit: Just spent around 200k in the Krypt and didn’t get a single Jax skin, fuck this game
Check the random towers on the right side. I see Jax shit there every day. I think he had 2 or 3 towers yesterday that had skins and gear for him

They’ve figured out all of the shao kahn and scorpion chest have fixed locations and items. You can check to see which chests have the jax stuff