What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Y’all ever tried to do an amped special move and you jump off an interactable into death? What is that. Why does that happen
Shit happened in KL with me playing Cass last night. Thankfully I jumped way the fuck away and just did low gunshots and 2112 to tick a bit of zone damage before advancing back in.

Edit: I say low gunshots but you know I'm referring to the mid kneecapper shot. Just wanted to clarify.

WA-Finest

Sub-Zero Wannabe
So NRS' intention for throws was for it to be a 50/50 guess into 30% life being lost and people aren't advocating for any changes to the throw system? If throws had actual different animations, like Kano/Kung Lao's back throw vs the front throw, it wouldn't be such a meme to make fun of the throws in this game.

They weren't complained about as much in MK9/X because they didn't have a KB attached to them. Losing over 30% unbreakable of your life becaus you happened to guess wrong is awful design choice.
Yeah I mean NRS wanted the throw/strike meta and the throw KBs just accentuates that. 30% is really about the same amount you're going to get from taking a mid string on most characters and you leave yourself very open on a throw so i really don't see the issue at all. It allows you to enforce mindgames on the throw by switching between your F and B throw, especially on characters like Kung Lao/Nightwolf who get so much on one of their throws but essentially nothing on the other.

Don't see anything wrong with throws, alot of characters have no means of anything else besides shorthops, staggers and throws. Only thing still pissing off is no conectivity filter, and some characters still get punished by breakaways

Zgf

Noob
Yeah I mean NRS wanted the throw/strike meta and the throw KBs just accentuates that. 30% is really about the same amount you're going to get from taking a mid string on most characters and you leave yourself very open on a throw so i really don't see the issue at all. It allows you to enforce mindgames on the throw by switching between your F and B throw, especially on characters like Kung Lao/Nightwolf who get so much on one of their throws but essentially nothing on the other.
Don't see anything wrong with throws, alot of characters have no means of anything else besides shorthops, staggers and throws. Only thing still pissing off is no conectivity filter, and some characters still get punished by breakaways

Awful implementation of a throw idea. A better method to making throws more fair and not just a 50/50 guess, especially on KB throws, would be different throw animations, similar to Tekken. It's ludicrous to think characters have 'no way of opening you up' the solution is to utilize a 50/50 throw that may have a KB attached to it.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It makes sense to me for the player who lands a high hitting throw to be rewarded. You can't duck throws in many other games and punish them for max damage, so the trade off is that they are harder to react to, do 2% damage even on tech and have the 50/50/what side mixup.