What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

ketch0

Noob
For a game that wants to be neutral focus, why the fuck do the top characters have moves that completely ignore any semblance of this aspect?

And I know every fighting game technically has footsies and this game wants to lean heavy into the whiff punishing but it never flows as well when you have to hold a block button.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It's been almost a month since the game came out and I'm STILL getting disconnected from ranked matches randomly after only a few minutes. I've done lots of searching and I've encountered lots of others who are experiencing the same server connection problems, whether it is while playing the towers of time or in online matches. Do they know about this problem at NRS and are they planning on addressing this issue soon? Can't even enjoy the game. @colt @tylerlansdown Idk who else to @. Feel like this issue has fallen on deaf ears.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
And I know every fighting game technically has footsies and this game wants to lean heavy into the whiff punishing but it never flows as well when you have to hold a block button.
You DARE question the block button? You HERETIC!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

:p

fireborg

Noob
ok sooo what the hell with the krypt? nrs is like a strict mom rationing 1 chocolate bar for a month. i have a zillion tower cosumables and forge items lmao which i dont need at all. but a skin or gear peace for your character, just you wait son... once in month maybe. thats how it feels - especially at later stages

ok sooo what the hell with the krypt? nrs is like a strict mom rationing 1 chocolate bar for a month. i have a zillion tower cosumables and forge items lmao which i dont need at all. but a skin or gear peace for your character, just you wait son... once in month maybe. thats how it feels - especially at later stages
microtransactions

For a game that wants to be neutral focus, why the fuck do the top characters have moves that completely ignore any semblance of this aspect?

I feel this big time. I genuinely feel like I don't have time to react to shit in this game... maybe the block button is part to blame for that. Versus if I could hold back, then release into my string maybe. I come from other fighting games like KOF, MVC2, SF, I can not punish the most BASIC of stuff in this game. Struggle so hard to get the most basic punishers out. The white flag is just around the corner for me! Back to Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

Agilaz

#ShangLivesMatter
Premium Supporter
Jumpkicks are way too strong. They are plus, guarantee follow ups, beat rolls, beat wakeup u3's and many u2's, have priority, crazy hitboxes..

D1 into launching specials should be an offence punishable by removal from the gene pool.

Cetrion's d2 is the worst in the history of fighting games

As someone said in these forums a couple of months back, the game would be boring to watch (playing it hasn't turned out much better, incidentally) -- something that Combo Breaker, as well as all MK11 sub-tournaments have borne out so far.

Band-Aid fixes:
  • allow three-slot customisation in tournament play
  • prohibit "counter-picking" during sets (outside of char. load-outs)
  • remove all customisation restrictions (besides "conflicts") for casual modes
  • provide un-stylised FB option (plays out at full speed and without cinematic effects)
  • provide "alternate input" scheme (e.g., 236236) for FB's and reduce the damage output on regular/Wiisy (LT+RT) FB's by 20% (...and remove the embedded QTE system from the latter configuration too)
  • reduce the damage of KB's that have Wiisy or unconscious prerequisites (Error's forward-4; Baraka's forward-4,4; down-2's)
  • remove idiotic and unsightly "LT+RT" Alzhemier's reminder below the char. health bars
  • remove meter cost for successful universal OTG attack use (drains only on wiff / block)
  • reduce Perfect Block window to ~5 frames, and increase frame advantage to ~10 frames (so it has an actual, viable application)
  • increase throw-tech frame window and remove its directional input requirements
  • reduce some chars.' throw damage (big boys 140, smaller ones 120)
  • allow throwing of opponents who are in a juggled state
  • make throw-normals unblockable, but, tech-able
  • slow meter regen down by 50% on unsuccessful special move amplification attempts (i.e., those moves that don't hit the opponent proper)
  • add more amplify option to the many inexplicably specials that lack them
...And then you may make the game remotely worth watching / playing past Evo 2019.

Last edited:

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.

A neutral based nrs game. Where the pokes are weaponized moves with zero hurtbox.

What’s wrong with this picture, hmmmm.