What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Something very weird about the pace of this game. I like it generally but something's definitely off. Just tried Geras against Johnny Cage in a set and all we could do was down 1 attacks. Everything else was just able to be blocked. It was ridiculous.

And the single player component of this game can die in a fire. It's just obnoxious as fuck. Want me to reset the krypt everytime just because I need comsumables? really?

I have no idea why or how i would use the Forge, and franky I'm not sure I care. The locked doors that I don't understand, again I'm not sure I care. The stupid bullshit towers that only ever seem to offer Liu Kang stuff.

Why not just give us a fully featured fighting game and include all the characters instead of nickel and dime by holding content back and charging an extra 30 bucks for the 'full game'. FFS this industry needs to die as well. I want to play MK not the mK las vegas slot machine show

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
No, I would just like to be able to tech on block in THIS game. Also, it wouldn't be hard to imagine a system, much like the flawless blocks in this game, where there is a cooldown window when you throw an input in on block. I don't think you should just be able to mash buttons while holding block and break throws, but I do believe that if I'm holding block, and see that I am getting thrown I should still have the 50/50 chance to get out.

Or is that to easy mode for you?
I think the reason you can't tech while blocking is to prevent the game from being overrun by turtles that just sit there, waiting for a safe enough punish to release block. Not fun. Between overheads and pokes, the game is pretty balanced since you can do both to each other in your mixups. Is it a perfect game? No, but at least it's just as easy to do what's being done to you.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
The amount of content locked behind ToT is really frustrating. I feel that there should be more items per rotation in the store to allow us online players to have higher chances of getting stuff we want for the characters we play.

qspec

Noob
The amount of content locked behind ToT is really frustrating. I feel that there should be more items per rotation in the store to allow us online players to have higher chances of getting stuff we want for the characters we play.
Yeah, I dislike this too. I understand not wanting people to "game" the Krypt, but having to get 50 fatalities on every character in a mode that I don't particularly enjoy really sucks. I wish they'd have allowed some of these things to count in online matches too.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Yeah, I dislike this too. I understand not wanting people to "game" the Krypt, but having to get 50 fatalities on every character in a mode that I don't particularly enjoy really sucks. I wish they'd have allowed some of these things to count in online matches too.
they fixwed that luckily

qspec

Noob
There are like 3 and a half people playing on pc, and despite a "solid" connection, the lag is atrocious.

Can't recommend to people for pc. stay on console.
Sorry to double-post, but I wanted to ask what you are doing on PC? I've never had an issue finding matches, and I think to date I've had one laggy match. I have really only tried kompetitive mode kasual matches though.

@Ck AeroVoid
They fixed it to what?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Sorry to double-post, but I wanted to ask what you are doing on PC? I've never had an issue finding matches, and I think to date I've had one laggy match. I have really only tried kompetitive mode kasual matches though.

@Ck AeroVoid
They fixed it to what?
uhm I used the glitch but people said they fixed it

I don't even care about the Krypt anymore. It's such an odious waste of time. Maybe they'll improve it, but I doubt it. There was a conscious design ethos for this game and they won't give that up in a hurry

Well I love the game, but some of those modifiers. Ground saw plus special moves hurting you in Scorpion tower. Thought that's alright, I can't see when the saw comes but I should be able to jump it. No can do, it doesn't really roll along the stage so it's possible to avoid, it hits you every time!
Also a question, I'm trying to equip consumables. starts me off on crystals of life but I can never equip it. Does that mean I have none, or is this bugged? Thought if you didn't have an item, it wouldn't show up in the list.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers

@Ck AeroVoid
They fixed it to what?

The competitive mode. I get matches. Just was agains the same couple of people over and over.
I don’t want to do casual, as I don’t want to deal with custom variation characters.
I also think that’s a bit dumb... while I am complaining lol

The Towers of Time have some of the most unfun shit I've ever seen in a game. Not a fighting game, just a game in general. And of course skins, brutialities, intros, etc are all locked in that fuck hole.
Whoever designed that shit should be ashamed of themselves.
The problem is that it just wears you down until you are loathe to play it because doing so is such a soulless experience.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
No, I would just like to be able to tech on block in THIS game. Also, it wouldn't be hard to imagine a system, much like the flawless blocks in this game, where there is a cooldown window when you throw an input in on block. I don't think you should just be able to mash buttons while holding block and break throws, but I do believe that if I'm holding block, and see that I am getting thrown I should still have the 50/50 chance to get out.

Or is that to easy mode for you?
Soul calibur has this, you can mash while blocking to tech.
People still get thrown left and right in the pro scene because it's still a 50-50

System works fine, so this argument that it's too easy to mash in block is UTTER bullshit.

SarahFCM

Noob
Anyone else find it annoying that it is just not at all an option to reassign the amplify button? Like that has to be a bug. I don't want it to be on R2 I want it on R1. It should be tied to the block button like always.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I play on a Hitbox, which has no RS button, so I’m literally unable to use consumables in the towers. Due to the insane difficulty of some of the modifiers, I just have to let the AI play the towers for me because it will use consumables to win. I hope NRS releases a patch allowing stick users to, you know, actually play the game.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I play on a Hitbox, which has no RS button, so I’m literally unable to use consumables in the towers. Due to the insane difficulty of some of the modifiers, I just have to let the AI play the towers for me because it will use consumables to win. I hope NRS releases a patch allowing stick users to, you know, actually play the game.