What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
The thing is, nobody is saying he is shitty/worthless, what we are saying is he is no way top 10, he's over hyped, overrated, much like Mileena was, and look at her now :3
I would actually say hes simultaneously the most underrated and overrated character in the game. A lot of people think hes still top tier, hes not. A lot of people also think hes garbage, hes far from it.

First off, it's called a conversation... something of which you have no knowledge of apparently. Secondly, I'm going by UFGs ideas about Raiden. I don't care what Tom Brady says about Raiden unless he's talking about how to play against him with Sub-Zero.

Next time think before you open your mouth with assumptions. You know what they say about assuming.
Used For Glues video was a guide on how Raiden must be played now a days and an arguement that just because he has weaknesses doesn't mean hes complete shit, nothing more. There wasn't any big game changing tech in there for Raiden.

Raiden is still good yes, but hes no where near the top anymore.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
First off, I don't want this thread to be about the chances of nor the reasons for or against Kabal being banned. I'd just like to get the communities opinion on whether we'd have several characters all of a comparable level or it would just be a different single character dominating MU scores.

For instance, it is almost unanimous that after Kabal comes Kenshi and Sonya, however Kenshi beats Sonya, so would it be 4/5 Kenshis in top 8s?

Freddy, Smoke, Raiden, and KL may be even or better MUs vs Kenshi, would we see these 5 characters predominantly?
Why does everyone keep saying "Are we gonna see Kenshis dominate tournaments?"
Kenshi's not dominating shit. If Kenshi was suppose to be a dominating character there would be more than just Pig of the Hut using him well in tournies. If Kabal was banned from tourney play, I bet any money Pig would still be one of the only good Kenshis out there, there would not Kenshis running wild owning the offline scene. It's getting annoying how everyone thinks this character is alot better than what he really is.

He is NOT the 2nd best character in the game at all in my opinion. Maybe top 5, but I would even say maybe 7 or 8

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I h8 Kabal he's so overpowered.

He has a lot of zoning things and if I try and zone back he uses the meter he built from his zoning things to do a purple dash through my projectile, then he combos me and I can't use a wake up attack. So dumb.

I h8 Kabal he's so overpowered.

He has a lot of zoning things and if I try and zone back he uses the meter he built from his zoning things to do a purple dash through my projectile, then he combos me and I can't use a wake up attack. So dumb.
Press the L2 button and the R2 button together and you'll do a big move with a cut scene and do loads of damage and beat him.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Kenshi's not dominating shit. If Kenshi was suppose to be a dominating character there would be more than just Pig of the Hut using him well in tournies. If Kabal was banned from tourney play, I bet any money Pig would still be one of the only good Kenshis out there, there would not Kenshis running wild owning the offline scene. It's getting annoying how everyone thinks this character is alot better than what he really is.

He is NOT the 2nd best character in the game at all in my opinion. Maybe top 5, but I would even say maybe 7 or 8
Thanks for discussing the actual topic. I agree that Kenshi doesn't have as many advantage MUs as Kabal, but I still feel he is guaranteed top 5. Also there certainly aren't enough Kenshi players doing well enough to base a high tier place on. However Blackula states in the Kenshi MU thread that he only loses to Kabal and KL and even those MUs aren't that bad. Who do you feel may be bad MUs for kenshi? Because if it is only 2 then he is surely top 5.

Kabal is a mofo. I imagine when reo broke out with his Kabal insanity nrs looked at it and said "wtf?".

I do not think he is broken though. He is better than everyone but a tweek or two is all he needs.

Personally dropping the push back on ground saw would be fair.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

Even if he's top 2, Sonya and Kenshi are characters with weaknesses unlike Kabal. Sektor's won more tournaments than Kenshi and Sonya (have they even won a tournament? I can't recall one.)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Thanks for discussing the actual topic. I agree that Kenshi doesn't have as many advantage MUs as Kabal, but I still feel he is guaranteed top 5. Also there certainly aren't enough Kenshi players doing well enough to base a high tier place on. However Blackula states in the Kenshi MU thread that he only loses to Kabal and KL and even those MUs aren't that bad. Who do you feel may be bad MUs for kenshi? Because if it is only 2 then he is surely top 5.
Raiden or maybe some other teleporting characters. Plus you have to play really really smart with Kenshi, you can't just mindlessly zone. One wrong timed spirit charge or rising karma or any of Kenshi's special moves will get jumped up over and Kenshi will eat a full combo. Kenshi needs meter and can't afford to use breakers. Once meterless Kenshi is not so strong of a character anymore.

Compare this to Kabal.

You CAN mindlessly zone with him. He really doesn't need meter to be strong, he is a beast no matter what at all times. None of his special moves are punishable on block except for nomad dash. He can build meter by pressuring you or zoning you, and as soon as he has 1 bar you have to constantly respect his EX nomad dash. You can end any of his block strings with a safe overhead or a safe low or a dash cancel into a grab or anything, he has infinite possibilities in his block strings.

2 totally different characters

I think banning Kabal is out of the line, he does need a fix or 2 to be fair whit the others, if that wont happen, its in the community interest to make him legit for example when a referee sees more than 3 ndcs on presure make it be a forfeit round, or something like that. To be honest Ground saw being OR!! a high or make it have no push back, same whit the hook make it have no push back on block: problem solved Kabal will still be uber but not broke...

This community is overreacting on Kabal like crazy right now. He isn't OP.

I wouldn't put it past REO to be pushing the issue so Kabal gets nurfed so he can prove that he will win with Kabal regardless.

Outside Reo and Kevo no Kabal has won a tournament. No Kabal's place constantly well in tournaments other than Reo, Kevo, AC9184, and Detroit (who also uses other characters). That's 4 people...

Guys wanna start bitching about Sektor? There's a huge fucking group of amazing Sektor players now; we win tournaments too.

Or Kitana... Mr. Mileena, 16bit, CD, Revolver.

Or Sonya? Clint, Death, Riu, Morty.
OR Noob Saibot.

:3

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I think banning Kabal is out of the line, he does need a fix or 2 to be fair whit the others, if that wont happen, its in the community interest to make him legit for example when a referee sees more than 3 ndcs on presure make it be a forfeit round, or something like that. To be honest Ground saw being OR!! a high or make it have no push back, same whit the hook make it have no push back on block: problem solved Kabal will still be uber but not broke...
Youve got to be kidding me, what are we the Smash Bros community?

Flagg

Noob
Maybe removing the nmdc's is excessive, but restrict what normals and pokes he can cancel into those.

The biggest issue is either the machine gun iagb's or the ground saw hitting low. Kabal seems to have too many safe options which I think is the problem.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Taking away NDCs would be a travesty, it makes the character deeper and more interesting, and therefore the game also. There are many other ways to nerf Kabal; more recovery for iagbs, no armour on ex dash, less pushback from his 50/50 specials on block, slower meter building from ndcs and iagbs, saw not hitting behind him and making other attacks whiff.
It goes without saying that 2xxNDC should be 7+ less frames of advantage.

REO

Undead
I'm done with this site and other MK sites. I should have listened to some of my friends from this community that have told me to stop helping randoms who do nothing but shit on me. So as of today, there will be no more posts from me on this board, no more advice or tips, no more of my two cents on any thing, and certainly no more front page articles about me. This elitist pick is out for good. I hope I go two and out at EVO and every tournament that follows it's place. Peace.