What's new

THE OFFICIAL Injustice 2 COMPLAIN/RANT THREAD

Does anyone know if alternate controls help w/ accidental DF or DB moves? I hate connecting w/ a D1 then trying to do Colds F23 string only to get his icicle at point blank range.

And while I'm complaining. The multiverse; it's shit. The modifiers are all universally awful and spoilt the game. Not to mention the game can't make up its mind whether its a casual fighter, where you pcik whomever you lick and mash buttons, or whether it's a deeper fighter where you commit to spend at least a longer time learning one fighter. This nonsense where you have to have levelled a character you've yet to use to level 20 to beat a stupid armoured boss is not fun.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Does anyone know if alternate controls help w/ accidental DF or DB moves? I hate connecting w/ a D1 then trying to do Colds F23 string only to get his icicle at point blank range.
In my experience it makes things needlessly complicated and that ends up being worse overall. Most projectiles are simply 46 + button. Now it's a full half circle motion of 41236 + button. No thanks

In my experience it makes things needlessly complicated and that ends up being worse overall. Most projectiles are simply 46 + button. Now it's a full half circle motion of 41236 + button. No thanks
So I tried alternate controls and no more accidential DF or DB moves! I can go from D1 to a F23 string w/o any issues.

Yes there is the issue of half circle motions instead of BF now, but as a stick user it's not that bad. Plus you can buffer another half circle as the first projectile is out then press the button for another BF projectile so the rate of fire can be just as fast

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That one Black Adam "boss fight" in the multiverse is dumb. I've played some of the hardest games and hardest bosses, but that is kinda ridiculous. I did literally, I counted, 87 different combos on him with Supergirl, and he still had about 30% life. Shit is dumb. Artificially hard comes to mind.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The thing I hate the most is the input system. And then the fact that when you hold down for too long you lose the buffer. In every other game, you can sit for hours then roll forward/backward + button for a special, as a punish for example. In NRS games, you have to input the D again. What baffles me most is that I've never heard anyone else complain about this and I've noticed it since MK9.
I believe it's in place to prevent accidental inputs from happening even more than they do now. My issue is that it shouldn't exist in alternate controls. It makes no sense.

Even with this system in place accidental inputs from crouch happen way too often in normal controls. I'll be holding down back And then try to go into a f2 to retaliate after blocking and I get a special. The input system in this game is a mess. No matter what settings you turn on or off new problems come about.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

So I tried alternate controls and no more accidential DF or DB moves! I can go from D1 to a F23 string w/o any issues.

Yes there is the issue of half circle motions instead of BF now, but as a stick user it's not that bad. Plus you can buffer another half circle as the first projectile is out then press the button for another BF projectile so the rate of fire can be just as fast
Alternate controls help but cause other issues,like accidental back dashes from diagonal inputs.

Scoot Magee

Forward input required for push block = accidentally getting hit and the input also crosses over with clash so accidental clashing is a thing now.

Fuzzy guarding in alternate controls now adds the risk of accidental back dash. Forward dashing also happen accidentally but not as much.This actually got me killed in a tournament last night.

What happened to that ed boon ggpo tweet? The online is full of fake 50/50's again.

Frame data is wrong again. Why does this keep happening?

Nrs pls

Last edited:
That one Black Adam "boss fight" in the multiverse is dumb. I've played some of the hardest games and hardest bosses, but that is kinda ridiculous. I did literally, I counted, 87 different combos on him with Supergirl, and he still had about 30% life. Shit is dumb. Artificially hard comes to mind.
The boss fights are engineered to be awful. They are so bad they completely undermine the point of having gear since whatever you equip will do nothing to make the fight easier or mitigate the ridiculous armour/anit-damage buff they have.

THis game is so toe curlingly bad at times. The basics seem decent but the more i see of how unbalanced the roster is and how fucking annoying the controls can be the more I dislike it. I am far from the best but if I have another match where dr fate's f2 comes out as standing 2, or the healing orb comes out I will shit kittens

Forward input required for push block = accidentally getting hit and the input also crosses over with clash so accidental clashing is a thing now.

Fuzzy guarding in alternate controls now adds the risk of accidental back dash. Forward dashing also happen accidentally but not as much.This actually got me killed in a tournament last night.

What happened to that ed boon ggpo tweet? The online is full of fake 50/50's again.

Frame data is wrong again. Why does this keep happening?

Nrs pls
the netcode is quite good, the matchmaking is the problem. I live in the UK and am always matched to the other side of the planet. that's never going to be good

Scoot Magee

the netcode is quite good, the matchmaking is the problem. I live in the UK and am always matched to the other side of the planet. that's never going to be good
Playing people within a 20 mile distance should not add a significant amount of input lag to the game. We had a ping of 50 and blocking batman mixups was a hell of a lot harder than offline.

They reduced the amount of frame lag from the older games but it's still too high. They should really use rollback like they said they would. At least give us control over the frame lag like other games did.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Some things that have started to annoy the hell out of me already:

-Crossups are dumb
-Unblockable interactables
-Invincible wakeups
-General balance issues
-Multiverse bosses are artificially hard
-Player matches no longer a relevant game mode
-Koth no longer a relevant game mode
-No mute button for opponents mic
-Being matchmaked around the world
-Gear drop rng
-Gear stats and abilities being an actual thing in the game ffs
-Rng based gameplay (wonder woman)
-Bad inputs
-Boring and too similar combos (string - b3 - string - ender)
-Unnecessary directional inputs in combostrings
-Pokes starting combos
-Not enough good mids in general imo
-No percentages display for combos
-Base game so f**king expensive
-DLC announced before the game is even out lmao
-Not much unique character dialogues
-Clash dialogues (so much cringe)
-Superheroes
-Spandex
-Batman

End of rant.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

DLC is announced before the game is released because DLC discussion begins shortly before or after the game goes gold, which can be a decent amount of time before its release date.

If people wanna bitch about DLC, direct it towards Capcom. They're the ones notorious for shady DLC practices. =P

I also don't mind DLC being announced before the game is released. I don't consider it as them announcing content they decided to purposely withhold so they could get more money out of us at a later time.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
One thing I dislike about Injustice, and one thing that can make it boring to watch in my opinion, is that combos are very dull looking, since every character just does a launching special/move into a b3/f3, into a jump kick, then a hard knockdown.

Also ambiguous cross-ups are ridiculous, everyone complained about MKX's 50/50 style gameplay, yet nobody cares about impossible to beat and react to cross-ups that can loop into vortexes lol, Batman, Green Lantern, Black Canary, Catwoman, Black Adam.....the list goes on, most characters can do it.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
And while I'm complaining. The multiverse; it's shit. The modifiers are all universally awful and spoilt the game. Not to mention the game can't make up its mind whether its a casual fighter, where you pcik whomever you lick and mash buttons, or whether it's a deeper fighter where you commit to spend at least a longer time learning one fighter. This nonsense where you have to have levelled a character you've yet to use to level 20 to beat a stupid armoured boss is not fun.
AI loadouts. Max combos. Max counters. It's easy to take down a lvl 20 with at least a level 17, I've done it with 15 before. If the character sucks and you don't like playing them then you don't HAVE to

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
I think I know what's up. It's like the controls are laggy or something. I can't count how many times I've INPUTTED b12 for Aquaman but it's come OUT as B2. It's cost me more online games than I can count

I think I'm done online until someone figures this shit out

Last edited: