What's new

The Official "CPU is not Difficult" Thread.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah run is probably what is doing it to you, what you should do is make sure you're not holding it, it can be a nuissance at times if you aren't use to it.

Can we get some stuff for beating motaro? I can beat the rest of the roster with noob including kahn but the only one I struggle with is motaro.. They only way I beat him is when I rip out the bosses too!!

cheers

The CPU is not hard!

The thing about the CPU is that, unlike humans, it isnt capable of learning or adapting it's strategy. THe CPU plays a fixed strategy and that is it. The MK games uses very unsophistacated AI, it aint like playing stacked for the xbox or PS2

THis fixed strategy of the CPU will undoubtedly have a counter, once you find it, you exploit it, keep using the strategy over and over, the CPU will never learn or change its strategy, and you will always win. THe hard part is figuring out what the counter strategy is. Some players are better at this that others. Some players will play game after game, and still not figure out a way to beat the CPU. others catch on very quickly, all dependant on the player's "MK aptitude".

With humans, its a totally different story. Once you find a strategy that beats your human opponent, if hes good, hell change his strategy, and what you are using will no longer work.

Br26

Noob
After the first four, that was difficult. Once I got to endurance round, though, it was cake. All I did was freeze and uppercut with Sub Zero..they didnt even block. Of course, after that it was much harder..but still

basically ive figured out that running in with a lp and then blocking starts them attacking. jumping back with a kick makes them projectile, but usually they are too far away to jump back and combo. when they run in, the best thing to do is jump kick starter a combo. you can chip away damage with kick pokes and sweeps. sometimes they will jump over you and back when you duck, and you can hit an uppercut.

anyways, today i was playing and i beat jade with kabal. i run up to uppercut after "finish her", and she THROWS ME. so creepy

Ghosty

Noob
Great videos guys!

For me, the hardest opponent is not Jade, but Smoke. It really pisses me off and sometimes pwns me.

Can someone make someone vids playing against him ? Liu Kang or Noob Saibot or Kabal or Rain vs Smoke would be great!

In this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm0EqTT3Ko&feature=related
EWAShock says that we all can beat CPU using universal tatics, but what universal tatics are these?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Things like sweep after combos, kara jab to kick counters on sweeps or containments, jump back kicks and avoid projectiles by either ducking them then countering their rush, or jump over the projectile and combo them, or, jump over the proj late and counter their jump in. There's even more than that, but look through the vids.

idk if this is old or new. When the CPU stands still, SUJ X3 and they should jump towards you. Easy 50 % or 30% punisher for most characters.

yathva

Noob
Some things about the cpu I'd like to know...what's the deal with those "silent punches" they do? On mkt, they fill up their aggressor meter super fast, and generally they have differring properties to regular punches and the ai has used them since the beggining. Also, why is it that some autocombos do more damage? (jade/usub) It just seems like utter bull-s...well, not exactly bull-smiles, lets just say. And cyrax and those nets-he spams them with no threat of backfire, if you block, you are locked in for a throw, which vs ai you can do nothing about, if it is a mirror, and both of you get netted, the ai Always gets their shots in and there isnt anything you can do. Also, if you net someone and throw them, you get thrown. But worse than that is masked sub zero laying an ice sheet, then immediately a freeze, which is not possible. But nothing beats mkt n64 - yep, you guessed it (drumroll, please) noob saibot. He can do his fatality during a match, and you have to wait till the time runs out. But worst of all is an incident that I recently experienced-attempting a throw while my opponent was "disabled" and I got thrown! And it did damage! I would really like to find out what is up with these programmers.