What's new

The Official "CPU is not Difficult" Thread.

G

As unimportant as it is in the grand scheme of things and the reason why we made this website, there are a number of people on various MK sites who complain about the AI in UMK3 and MKT being too difficult, and honestly, it's not. The AI is incredibly easy to trick. For whatever reason, the most common complaint is vs Jade. In this thread, we will post videos of specific characters being used against other specific CPU controlled characters. For now here is a clip of an example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ttSyhJ7LtJc

We'll probably go through and make videos every now and then, but they will be full videos for single characters beating everyone using different combos and tactics, broken into clips in short videos. If anyone has immediate requests, post them.

Shock/DreemerNJ/ded_

Selpex

Noob
-paste-

http://media.putfile.com/vscpu-tactics

works everytime, on any player, on any ladder

1st/2nd clips, can be done on anyone, with many players and usub, back JK, cpu throws projectile, slide, repeat, etc
3rd clip not able on female ninjas, but you can land and they will face the same way they threw the projectile for about 3 seconds, time to spin
4th clip, idk looks cool
5th clip, cpu = stupidity

to be honest with you i just started playing UMK3 on friday night
(9-15-06) and i thought the computer was so hard it almost made me wanna cry but after a few days and tons of practice i think the computer is quite easy now

dreemernj

Ambassador
Its just a matter of getting used to the patterns. Trial and error at first. Just from trying things out the past couple of days it seems like it could be pretty fun to just find interesting strategies to take advantage of the predictability of the computer. But, chances are, the good strategies are already taken care of.

It's really a shame the computer couldn't have been better. A 1 player mode that actually prepares someone for playing others would be a tremendous help to growing the game's fanbase.

I really think this is a great thread. Just curious though, how would Shang Tsung do against Jade with no morphing? Would you be able to make a video of that?

dreemernj

Ambassador
A good pwnership video of Shang vs CPU Jade would be cool. For me, its the same jump away kick pattern as I usually use against the CPU. Jump away and kick. If she fires a projectile jump over it. Many times she'll then jump forward so aa.hp to combo. Other times she stands there and does nothing so I usually just jump away and start again. If she is close enough when she does her projectile, I jump over it and go into air starter to autocombo. Her projectile is pretty slow so getting over it isn't much of a problem.

Selpex

Noob
DAVE101 said:
Does the computer ever do returning boomerangs? What moves does the computer never do?
no, and i dont think usub does clone, might be wrong, or jaxdouble missile/sektor smart missile/reptile dash/kung spin, cant remember those at all

Nice video Selplex. Thats exactly what I wanted to see. Shang vs Jade. How did she manage to flip you at the end of that match, after finish her spashed?

Nice video Selplex. Thats exactly what I wanted to see. Shang vs Jade. How did she manage to flip you at the end of that match, after finish her spashed?

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Shock said:
You also can't use the returnarang vs the CPU.
Weird... and if i remember correctly, Raiden's shock grab was like that in MKT as well. Any other moves like that? What was the point of disabling these moves against the CPU? Was the AI just not able to account for it or something?

I think there are some moves that just won't come out against bosses as well, but I forget which.

Selpex

Noob
SubZero187 said:
i let her throw me because i wanted to go near corner to try a glitch but it didnt work

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sindel's scream is something you can't do vs the bosses as far as I remember for example.

I think they just couldn't figure out an easy way for the CPU to compete with certain moves.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PLMR7V1R3zs

Classic Sub vs 3X Endurance. He's probably one of the hardest characters to beat it with but there are some tactics in here you can use with him. It was difficult to really make something interesting with him but he is so limited.