What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matix218

Get over here!
I want to see a Stryker player get blown up by a Kabal and just start yelling "MY DAD OWNS A DEALERSHIP!"

Either that or I'm gonna play out the entire NEC tournament/casuals in a Master Shake suit.

Try keeping your game face on when you're fighting a giant fucking milkshake. Go on. Try.
Haha, I'm pretty sure you should play out the entire NEC tournament in a Master Shake suit regardless.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah [MENTION=5030]CptXecution[/MENTION] if you just turtle her she can't approach you. a blocked d1 gives Sub a d4 into a pressure string into a clone. Once you have a life lead she can't do anything about it without taking a huge risk. But it goes the same way.. basically it is like the Sub mirror. You just have to make good reads and then MAKE Kitana come get you.
Tom even mentioned quite a few times he has no shame in winning due to the timer running out in this matchup. I would guess it is infuriating for a Kitana player. BTW, what is the recovery on ass out?

CRKFIEND

Noob
I definitely hit you with a smoke bomb while you were rolling sometimes. It's inconsistent. Anyways I wouldn't assume that it's a good matchup for Stryker just because you blew up my Smoke; matchup charts assume perfect play from both players, but you're way better at this game than I am.
Peanuts,

You can only catch the roll at the beginning of the roll animation. for whatever reason startup leaves Stryker vulnerable. I'm not basing this game me vs. you... but as far as me being better then you, I say thanks but I think not... we're tied 1 and 1 in tourney play now :)

Just asking for your opinion peanuts, do you feel Stryker is a "D-tier" character?

Peanuts,

You can only catch the roll at the beginning of the roll animation. for whatever reason startup leaves Stryker vulnerable. I'm not basing this game me vs. you... but as far as me being better then you, I say thanks but I think not... we're tied 1 and 1 in tourney play now :)

Just asking for your opinion peanuts, do you feel Stryker is a "D-tier" character?
Yeah I think D tier is about right. I just don't see how the character can really keep up with the game's top tier. His mixups aren't great, his frame traps aren't great, a lot of his pressure strings aren't safe on block, he's got okay zoning but there's characters better in that regard who don't have the same weaknesses Stryker has in other areas (like Kabal and Freddy).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah I think D tier is about right. I just don't see how the character can really keep up with the game's top tier. His mixups aren't great, his frame traps aren't great, a lot of his pressure strings aren't safe on block, he's got okay zoning but there's characters better in that regard who don't have the same weaknesses Stryker has in other areas (like Kabal and Freddy).
This about sums it up. It's not even HIS options are terrible, it's just there are too many who play the same zoning style that can do it at less cost to themselves - Noob, Kano, Shang Tsung, etc...
I still love the dirty cop, though. Popping off shots and Batoning people into next week is so satisfying.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
LMAO BOxy and robotic are making me laugh so hard w the ATHF lines lol

Cybernetic ghost lol, man ever since that post I've been talking to everyone at work and who called me like that on purpose

Robotic

Gentleman.
Thousands of years ago, before Sigourney Weaver...

TELL me this isn't the baddest assest derail of all tym(e).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
LMAO BOxy and robotic are making me laugh so hard w the ATHF lines lol

Cybernetic ghost lol, man ever since that post I've been talking to everyone at work and who called me like that on purpose
Dude, the 3 of us could start a clan.
The AQUA TEEN KOMBAT FORCE.
Boxy Shake, Piglock, and Robowad.
All we need is a Carl.

Cyrax Vs. Jax. Opinions?
I try to play it like a game of cat and mouse: I know if I get anywhere near a corner, I could die at any moment, so it's all well-timed distance jumps, Teleports and Close Bombs until I can catch him in a punishable situation or knock him silly with a Ragdoll Kick.
The air is poisonous atmosphere level bad to be in, between the Anti-Air Grab, Air Throw, getting harpooned with a Dash Fist, etc...
The Ground Pound makes it even more asinine; you can't Teleport as it can be cancelled and get you knocked the fuck out. You can't jump over it as it'll get you either Waved or EX Punched.
It's not unwinnable, but it's almost impossible for Cyrax to start a momentum train because Jax's tools make every option he has more dangerous than it would otherwise be.

Thousands of years ago, before Sigourney Weaver...

TELL me this isn't the baddest assest derail of all tym(e).
Santa: "Meatwad, why did you wake me up in the middle of July?"
Meatwad: "Well, Santa...I been a real good boy this year, and I -"
Santa: "IT'S THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING JULY, MEATWAD."

This derailing = $$$.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Guys, take a look at this thread. That is how REO and Tom constructed MK vs DC's tier list. The game sucked, but the tier list format did its job.

The following are REO's categories for the current MK. Work is in progress because some categories may have to be eliminated. Let me know what you think.

Punishing / Whiff punishing: ?/4
Anti-Air / Cross-Up defense: ?/4
Air Control ?/4
Air to Air: ?/4
Damage: ?/4
Offense: ?/4
Miscellaneous (Resets, Unbreakables, hitbox size, etc): ?/4
Wake-up Attacks: ?/4
Defense (How well a character can defend from and escape frame-traps, armor moves, invincibility, etc.) : ?/4
Mobility: ?/
Footsies: ?/4
Corner Game: ?/4
Zoning: ?/4
Counter-Zoning: ?/4
Meter Game (How it effects the neutral game, building meter, x-ray, etc.): ?/4

Past

Noob
Guys, take a look at this thread. That is how REO and Tom constructed MK vs DC's tier list. The game sucked, but the tier list format did its job.

The following are REO's categories for the current MK. Work is in progress because some categories may have to be eliminated. Let me know what you think.

Air Control ?/4
Defense (How well a character can defend from and escape frame-traps, armor moves, invincibility, etc.) : ?/4

That would be an interesting list. However, it is also a poor list for assessing tiers, just like this one. It is simply not comprehensive enough.

Death

Noob

Air Control ?/4
Thats pretty funny actually. Cuz for a while now I was doing something similar. I was doing 1/3 and had a bunch of categories but i only had like 5-6 categories. Theres like 15 here damn.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

Air Control ?/4
I greatly enjoy this idea.
Measuring everyone in detail + measuring their stats against one another = logical.
Until, inevitably, instead of arguing "Joe Banana is A Tier, not B Tier," it's gonna be, "Joe Banana's zoning is 3/4, not 2/4," or, "How can you say Sally Sandwich's footsies are only 1/4? They're a 3, easy, a b c d e f g."
But it's definitely a good idea. Like Fox News: fair and balanced. Except it's actually fair and balanced, even for the less represented characters.

Does skarlet really have that many bad match ups, or is it that no one really plays her to her full potential? Especially now post patch(most recent)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Does skarlet really have that many bad match ups, or is it that no one really plays her to her full potential? Especially now post patch(most recent)
Good question, we have to see yet a pro player, who likes Skarlet, doing a tourney performance against others high top level players, using their favorite characters, and so, we can have a realistic idea if Skarlet has hard time , theorically, against pratically half of MK roster ..........

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Punishing / Whiff punishing: 4/4 mid 40 no meter, high 40 low 50 one meter

Anti-Air / Cross-Up defense: 3/4 stand jab, axe, d4 and d1 situational. eh Choke on crossover and shoulder gets him out completely

Air Control 2/4 maybe arrows on jump but eh lightning is thumbs up

Air to Air: 3/4 jump punch or kick to shoulder, or to jab juggle to corner for mid 20s and eh lightnng set up

Damage: 4/4 great damage some of the highest without a true reset. Traps cause opponents to make mistakes.

Offense: 3/4 has trouble getting in sometimes...Needs patients to win. Pick your moments for big damage

Miscellaneous (Resets, Unbreakables, hitbox size, etc): 1/4 big hitbox, only one corner reset, no unbreakables, limited specials

Wake-up Attacks: 2/4 shoulder and axe, eh shoulder and eh axe shoulder is duck able for full punish...axe is safe

Defense (How well a character can defend from and escape frame-traps, armor moves, invincibility, etc.) : 2/4 eh shoulder/shoulder is best move. Good down 1 for cancel into axe to create space...very fast d3

Mobility: 2/4 doesn't move very well except for unsafe shoulder

Footsies: 3/4 great footsies with 1221, f3, d4, standing 4 and specials

Corner Game: 3/4 can be very dangerous in the corner with a reset for block string pressure, no meter 49% combos, and f3 to stuff wakeups

Zoning: 2/4 reflect, shoulder, lightning.

Counter-Zoning: 2/4. Same as zoning

Meter Game (How it effects the neutral game, building meter, x-ray, etc.): builds ton of meter with chip and pressure. With meter you can't keep nw out...without meter nw struggles to get in. Doesn't need X-ray, eh litning can give nw 60-70 damage with one meter if trap works.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

She has more bad match ups like sindel they just didn't list sindel as a bad match up for anyone, which I'm ok with lol lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Deity

Noob
Good question, we have to see yet a pro player, who likes Skarlet, doing a tourney performance against others high top level players, using their favorite characters, and so, we can have a realistic idea if Skarlet has hard time , theorically, against pratically half of MK roster ..........
M2Dave played skarlet pre patch, however after the patch he dropped her immediately. She has tools, such as her iAF, En knifetraps, safe slide, and En Red Dash and many others. However, her unorthodox play stlye and awkward combos are a huge turnoff. Ill attempt to post a viable argument for some of the bad MU's I think are wrong.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
She has more bad match ups like sindel they just didn't list sindel as a bad match up for anyone, which I'm ok with lol lol

Add Au_mr_mileena on ps3 and ask him to use sindel. He uses her very well and is scary

I've never seen someone hump air 8x off a scream then punish

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Add Au_mr_mileena on ps3 and ask him to use sindel. He uses her very well and is scary

I've never seen someone hump air 8x off a scream then punish
Hump air??? I played his sindel already. Dans sindel hasn't gotten scared of any other sindel yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.