What's new

Combo List - Liu Kang The New and Improved Liu Kang Combo Thread

Lo0py

Noob
Why can't i do instant air fireballs with liu kang / ermac etc that has the bf for the move in this game? i could do it easily on MK9 but on this it seems harder, anyone got tips?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
@Derptile you can only do 1 FBRC in a combo. F44 FB RC into F44 FBRC can't be done on hit.
Oh well fuk me I've forgotten so much shit in just 3 weeks. Thanks for all the posts guys, really helps out alot <3.

@Lo0py you just have to constantly practice the motion just like the FBRCs, some people say doing up-back, forward if better than up, back, forward.

4 or 5? I really thought the Liu community was ahead of this. Gotta hit 7 boys.
i was the one who found the 7 lol

Online?

If he can land 5 IAFBs online then god bless you @xarakamaka.
4 online in good connection always just miss the 5th. i did it 4 times in a row offline before, but i still dnt know if its consistant after a few more months in training though. but id go for guaranteed 4 tbh. but 5 is possible but depending on starter like off 113 i wudnt go for 5 . njp off i wud if first iafb gets perfect height . all situational. but in tourny unless u have no fear id still prob go for guaranteed 4 . we'll see in the future though if its possible too hit everytime.

i was the one who found the 7 lol

4 online in good connection always just miss the 5th. i did it 4 times in a row offline before, but i still dnt know if its consistant after a few more months in training though. but id go for guaranteed 4 tbh. but 5 is possible but depending on starter like off 113 i wudnt go for 5 . njp off i wud if first iafb gets perfect height . all situational. but in tourny unless u have no fear id still prob go for guaranteed 4 . we'll see in the future though if its possible too hit everytime.
Lol was just messing around, but seeing 7 would be absolutely hilarious.

This is not what I had in mind when I said 10/10 combos yet I still see IAFB combos in the corner after a 1,1,3 combo.

Da fuq. Can't believe I opened my mouth to this shit.
so you cant do 113 hold up while pressing 113 then just do bf1 at the right time. in my opinion if ur a liu main and cant iafb then you should learn how! , massive difference in damage. full screen or aa combos etc. im on xbox one pad so i dnt like when i hear ppl say they cant. just keep practising and youll get there

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
so you cant do 113 hold up while pressing 113 then just do bf1 at the right time. in my opinion if ur a liu main and cant iafb then you should learn how! , massive difference in damage. full screen or aa combos etc. im on xbox one pad so i dnt like when i hear ppl say they cant. just keep practising and youll get there
lad change your xbl

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I have a whole slew of combos for Dragon's Fire in my OneNote. I'll try and test each tonight to be able to provide accurate damage output with each.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
@Derptile feel free to add what you want to the OP. Apologize if there are any repeats (feel free to pick only those needed to add) but I was able to go through my OneNote and test each combo for damage. I removed any combo that was either too repetitive or non-viable. Each combo does a minimum of 30% or more with the exception of one or two and almost all will require at least one meter (which since LK is a meter building phenom, it's never really a concern)

All combos apply to the Dragon's Fire variation.

**quick note** the majority of combos that end in an uppercut after a fbf4 assume that you have carried the opponent to the corner from midscreen. If you are working fullscreen that feel free to substitute fbf4, uppercut with something like bf2 or db2.

**Please also note** when playing online you should never really go for a NJP after fbf4(ex) as you almost always whiff. To do most of these online just continue on to the next string after NJP.

Dragon's Fire BnB's and Damage Combos:

Midscreen:

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, run, b34 xx fbf4, F213xxBF2 - 37% - corner carry

F44 xx fbf4(ex), b34, f213 xx bF2 - 37% - Online BnB & corner carry

113, B34 xx fbf4, F213 xx BF2 - 30% - another online favorite

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, run, b34 , f44 xx fbf4, throw (or uppercut) - 40%

F44 xx fbc xx f44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, run, b34, f213 xx fbf4, uppercut - 41% from midscreen

F44 xx fbc xx f44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, run, b34, f44 xx fbf4, uppercut - 40% from midscreen

112 xx fbc xx f44 xx fbf4(ex), , njp, run, b34, f213 (or f44) xx fbf4, uppercut - 40% from midscreen

B12 xx fbc xx f44 xx fbf4(ex), , njp, run, b34, f213 (or f44) xx fbf4, uppercut - 38% from midscreen

B34 xx fbc xx f44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, run, b34, f213 (or f44) xx fbf4, uppercut - 40% from midscreen

F44 xx fbc xx 113, B34 xx fbf4, f213 xx BF2 - 32%
**** Can also plug in any one of 112/b12/b34 fbc's in place of f44

F44 xx fbf4(ex), JF3 + BF1, run, f213 xx fbf4, uppercut - 40% from midscreen
***Can do f44 xx fbc f44 first for 41% damage midscreen

F12 xx fbc xx 113, b34, f44 xx fbf4 - 29% - 6 frame starter/punisher

Jf3 + bf1(ex), run, f44 xx fbf4 - 33%

F44 xx fbf4(ex), f21, f213 xx fbf4 - 38%

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, run, b33, bf1(ex) - 37%

Corner:

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, jf3 + bf1, f213 xx fbf4, 112 xx bf3 - 40%
***You can ex the fireball in jf3 + bf1 to do 43% total dmg

f213 xx bf1 (ex), f44 xx fbf4, 111, bf3 (forgot to add dmg sorry!)

113, u4, njp, jf3 + bf1, f213 xx fbf4, uppercut/throw - 34%
***Ex the fireball in jf3 + bf1 to do 36% total dmg
***Perform f44 fbc before the intial 113 to do 37-38% dmg
***This combo is very viable online

113, u4, u4, u4, f44 xx fbf4, throw - 28% - good way to close out a round online

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, uppercut , f213, bf2 (f213 xx bf2 is reverse side) - 37% and side switch

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, jf3 + bf1 (ex), uppercut , f213, bf2 (f213 xx bf2 is reverse side) - 42% and side switch

113, u4, njp, jf3 + bf1 (ex), uppercut, f213, bf2 (f213 xx bf2 is reverse side) - 36% one bar

F44 xx fbf4(ex), njp, iafb (ex), iafb (ex), f213 xx fbf4, uppercut - 47% three bars

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I hate to be that guy, but can we authenticate these new combos with the "does it work on Cassie" rule? Nobody wants to learn these and lose a tournament set because they didn't know that they don't make contact with her bulimic hitbox.

At least then if we know they work on her, they work on everyone.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I hate to be that guy, but can we authenticate these new combos with the "does it work on Cassie" rule? Nobody wants to learn these and lose a tournament set because they didn't know that they don't make contact with her bulimic hitbox.

At least then if we know they work on her, they work on everyone.
Well, care to check it for us b0ss?

Hello Everyone, this Video shows a combo into a block string setup that takes 61.75 percent from your opponent. The combo just shows the possibility to do the chip damage setup. I only did this in an offline match that i didn't record. All you need is 2 1/4 meter to start for the whole blockstring and you will build one whole bar back(it is the dualist variation, you don't need it anyways). This can also be done in mid screen but the damage output will be different. The chip damage is also a block string, your opponent has to take the damage. Chip damage = 24.75.

ONLY A TRUE DUALIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for watching!
Kickbykick.

you can link ex buff from strings into another strings.

here are 2 for midscreen:

F21 - ex buff, F44 - WP - low fireball (30%)
F3 - ex buff, F44 - wp - low fireball (30%)
F21 - ex buff - F12 - WP - low fireball (29%)

this ones are harder (i mean really hard, like the run cancles from DF):

F21 - ex buff - run -112, B12 - run - F21 - WP - low fireball (33%)
F3 - ex buff - run - 112, B12, run - F21 - WP - low fireball (34%)

i can make a video if needed