What's new

The Need Help Choosing Main/Secondary Character Discussion Thread

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Character crisis before Tournaments means that you are not ready for this event.
And about the ''tons of offline casuals'' , if you don't have a character in mind that you want to main or improve ... you are just wasting yours and peoples times.
Also asking random people on the Internet about what character to play on next day event is just pathetic ... sorry dude but if i was on your place i would chose a ''TOON'' and just prepare for the next Tournament showing people what i'm capable.

Luke KB

Noob
@Luke KB If you don't know who to pick a day before a Tournament i suggest you to not even bother attending.
Great contribution to the thread bud.

I feel like this is a bit misguided. Sure, having a character crisis before a tournament isn't ideal, but the only way you will find out who is the best choice is to play your characters when there's something on the line.

Plus, tournaments arent solely revolved around your performance. Getting in tons of offline casuals is great experience as well.
Just a slight character crisis. I'm 98% sure I'll be picking Kotal, just felt like getting some last minute feedback on a character I was going to be putting on the sidelines for the tournament.
We'll blame it on nerves. Plus like I statedid, recently I've had several friends approach me and tell me that I should consider using my metallic over my Kotal in the tournament. Thus... character crisis

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Character crisis before Tournaments means that you are not ready for this event.
And about the ''tons of offline casuals'' , if you don't have a character in mind that you want to main or improve ... you are just wasting yours and peoples times.
Also asking random people on the Internet about what character to play on next day event is just pathetic ... sorry dude but if i was on your place i would chose a ''TOON'' and just prepare for the next Tournament showing people what i'm capable.
Bit unnecessarily rude man, he just wants some advice, no need to go elitist on him. These are the reasons why people can find it so hard to get into the FGC, because of people like you. Get your head out your ass man.

Also, offline casuals aren't necessarily about improving your character, they're literally just casuals, games for fun. Just getting to play another good human being in a friendly environment without the issues with online is good enough. I don't play casuals with the intent of improving another person at the game only, I'm playing for fun. If they want help then I can help them. It's really not a big deal.

Last edited:

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk

Just a slight character crisis. I'm 98% sure I'll be picking Kotal, just felt like getting some last minute feedback on a character I was going to be putting on the sidelines for the tournament.
We'll blame it on nerves. Plus like I statedid, recently I've had several friends approach me and tell me that I should consider using my metallic over my Kotal in the tournament. Thus... character crisis
Then u go with Kotal. They say ur tremor is better coz they have the fear of Kotal :)

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Use the character you feel save with. If it's kotal then use him he's really good. Only play ft against gm if your familiar with the mu since it may be in ft's favor but can be anoying as fuck though... Ask @Deakins lol

Dvorah or takeda are also a good choice for this mu if you can play them

Captain l2ed

White wolf
I would suggest using a character based on mu. War God is great so use him and buzzsaw for neutral and rock pretty lady for lack of mu knowledge. Have fun man, there's nothing like an offline tourney

Captain l2ed

White wolf

Use whichever you feel better with. I had a friend who went to an offline tourney who mains sub,kotal, and kenshi and rocked balanced whole tourney. Just go and have fun man. Add me on Xbox for kano/tempest/goro matches. GT: Captain l2ed

Espio

Kokomo
Unless you're very good with everyone you use, focus on your most comfortable character only. Most people don't succeed at the match up hopping game because there's just not enough knowledge and skill diffused across characters. Like, if I pick up a new character any time soon, I wouldn't be using them at a tournament until I level them up to rivaling my best character.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Bit unnecessarily rude man, he just wants some advice, no need to go elitist on him. These are the reasons why people can find it so hard to get into the FGC, because of people like you. Get your head out your ass man.

Also, offline casuals aren't necessarily about improving your character, they're literally just casuals, games for fun. Just getting to play another good human being in a friendly environment without the issues with online is good enough. I don't play casuals with the intent of improving another person at the game only, I'm playing for fun. If they want help then I can help them. It's really not a big deal.
So i'm explaining him his mistakes and give him tips but in the eyes of some pleb im ''rude'' and i have ''my head in my ass''?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
So i'm explaining him his mistakes and give him tips but in the eyes of some pleb im ''rude'' and i have ''my head in my ass''?
Calling him pathetic or his actions pathetic is rude yes. Saying he's wasting his and everyone else's time because he's a tad indecisive about his character is also not exactly "tips". So yes, you do have your head in your ass, and you are rude.

If you want to start insulting me like a child, pm me instead. Don't start derailing the thread.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Calling him pathetic or his actions pathetic is rude yes. Saying he's wasting his and everyone else's time because he's a tad indecisive about his character is also not exactly "tips". So yes, you do have your head in your ass, and you are rude.

If you want to start insulting me like a child, pm me instead. Don't start derailing the thread.
You are doing this , not me.

Luke KB

Noob
Thanks for all the support guys. I did alright for my first offline tournament.
I actually didn't end up using Kotal at all (the match ups weren't in his favor)
I won my first match, then lost my second to BigD. Then I went to the 3rd round of loser brackets.
I mained metallic, and used pretty lady twice and FT once (counter picks)

Had a great time played some friendlies with a bunch of players including Foreverking and a couple randoms who ended up being people that I had been matched up with online coincidentally on plenty of occasions.
I met Kitana Prime, Sonicfox, Honeybee, toxin and a bunch more. Made some new friends and had a great time.

So no. I didn't waiste my time or anyone elses.

Last edited:

wired

Noob
I've been playing MKX casually for about a month now. I'm still trying to find a character and feel my way through the game. Which characters are easy to pick up and which are going to be harder? I might like to try a bit of both.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Easy characters: Kotal, Scorpion, Kung Jin, Ermac

Hard characters: Anyone with a run cancel, Kitana

Noob
I've been playing MKX casually for about a month now. I'm still trying to find a character and feel my way through the game. Which characters are easy to pick up and which are going to be harder? I might like to try a bit of both.
Pickup Acidic Alien™

:DOGE

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I want something like Zangief. Hard hitting, strong defense and grapple bonus is niche or underused character. Obviously Kotal and Torr are on my radar but open to suggestions.

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
i gained cassie throughout the first year of MKX. i eventually fell out of the game when my ps4 was taken by my ex. then by the time i got a ps4 again it was right before street fighter 5 came out and so i was focused on that game. just recently i came across videos of m2dave playing crystalline tremor. i used to like watching m2dave's freddy in mk9 so basically just on that whim i started playing the character and copying what he does. i'm still not totally up on whats good in this game and i just play it casually now since my competitive focus is SFV, but i'm having a ton of fun with crystalline tremor. so i'm sticking with that all because i happen to see a video of a player i knew out of randomness.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I want something like Zangief. Hard hitting, strong defense and grapple bonus is niche or underused character. Obviously Kotal and Torr are on my radar but open to suggestions.
Wrestler Jax, Relentless/Unstoppable Jason, Commando Kano, and Brawler Cassie are decent options though commando and brawler aren't the most damaging. Commando as a high and low parry which can be very useful at times and is severely underrated

Hey guys i mained hw jax and kotal kahn earlier now i play only predator hqt and wrestler jax, but im still on kp1 (pc), do you think its cool to sick with those two, and can you tell me when to pick pred when to pick jax, because i plaed yesterday against full auto jacquie with predator and i lost 10-6 he kicked my ass because lack of wakeups and bad pokes, he punish my pokes with 12 full combo

I main wrestler Jax and HQT Predator, i want to take one more and that's it, what do you guys thing these to lack off? I was think of kothal kahn blood god, shinnok necro(but he is so bad) and Gm Sub Zero, or Liu Kang? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Mileena if you want to win. If you hate Piercing so much try Ravenous. It's good but not broken, and thanks to Paulo's vision Ravenous will not be nerfed