What's new

The most significant reason why people Rage in this Game.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
^ I keep thinking we need a thread to post advertisements for threads. Sometimes it's legit funny. Like the one time I got ads for Juggs Magazine....

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
The other thing that annoyed people was that the overheads/lows could be autopilot BnB/pressure string starters and also that some of them could hit/advance from a mile away. Nothing like getting hit by a half-screen low or OH into combo, or into a string that then gets cancelled into additional pressure/another mixup if you blocked correctly.

The reason no one cared about throws in MKX is that you could so easily lock people down/open them up through other means.
D'vorah +30 puddle full screen into death by bug cancels lol

Stanlos

Noob
I swear the only people that like FB use Kabal or Cetrion or one of the cheese ones.

Maybe it's the whole way meter and supers are handled in this game that just bugs the shit out of me. In previous MK games, X-Ray costed all three bars, and you then lose the ability to break combos, in MKX you also lose the ability to wake up. Injustice, it costs four bars, and you lose any potential leverage you had in a clash, as well as losing air escape and the ability to MB roll in Injustice 2. And of course you lose the ability to MB special in any of the games, and in Injustice 2 where meterless capture moves are few and far between, that is a big deal.

In this game, you only have to get your ass kicked to get a super for no resources. You could whiff a fatal blow, still be able to wake up, still have breakaway, still have meter for a combo. Fuck. That. MK11 prides its self on being more footsie based and eliminating some of the cheesy randomness, FB goes completely against this imo.
I like Fatal Blow even though I have had matches where I have 412 HP left and had my opponent down to 2.50 HP only to be sniped with FB and lose the match. I like the animation and find the variety of mechanics interesting. It has encouraged me to be more patient because that last minute l ou ss stings and I see where I could have avoided it. It also helps me understand 'frames' better as I can see the difference pre- and post- patch.

xKMMx

Banned
The other thing that annoyed people was that the overheads/lows could be autopilot BnB/pressure string starters and also that some of them could hit/advance from a mile away. Nothing like getting hit by a half-screen low or OH into combo, or into a string that then gets cancelled into additional pressure/another mixup if you blocked correctly.

The reason no one cared about throws in MKX is that you could so easily lock people down/open them up through other means.
Still my favorite MK game ever. Its over the top and insane. ANd most overhead starters were highly reactable in my opinion.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I like Fatal Blow even though I have had matches where I have 412 HP left and had my opponent down to 2.50 HP only to be sniped with FB and lose the match. I like the animation and find the variety of mechanics interesting. It has encouraged me to be more patient because that last minute l ou ss stings and I see where I could have avoided it. It also helps me understand 'frames' better as I can see the difference pre- and post- patch.
I just don't like fatal blows at all. I can understand some of the arguments people make for it and I respect it. But in my opinion, at best fatal blows are a way to inflate tension in a cheap and unearned way, and at worst can win a match someone was outplayed in for the most of it. Im trying to be very careful with how I talk about issues I have with this game. Iv said a couple times that MK11 isn't my cup of tea, but a lot of people really love it, I even like watching it and following the scene. So I don't want to just shit on it. I also don't agree with the argument that the only people who are frustrated with the game are bad. Top players fucking cry all the time in every game in every genre. Sure, I was never great at this game, but when I was playing it a lot, I was certainly above average, good enough to have an opinion not based entirely in ignorance. It is definitely possible to understand a game, not be awful at it, but still not like it. But the crying and insane complaints without any logic or tact can drown it out.

The coolest and shittiest thing about NRS games to me is how each one is wildly different from the last. Logically, it makes sense that eventually you wouldn't like one of the games and that's MK11 for me. The next game NRS will also probably be very different and maybe I'll love it like I did Injustice 2. Regardless, I hope MK11 lasts a very long time and people keep enjoying it so much.

Stanlos

Noob
Regarding Outplayed

Using Injustice 2 as an example, if a Green Lantern is down to nearly dead versus whoever and the GL uses the bizarre issue with his flip kick (f3) to come back is the agreen Lantern outplaying the opponent? Or is he using a character specific exploit?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Still my favorite MK game ever. Its over the top and insane. ANd most overhead starters were highly reactable in my opinion.
Probably my favorite too but hell nah. That game was a mess in its prime. Still loved every second of it though.

FB cool down and regeneration is the issue IMO. It’s not linked to any resources, and regenerates infinitely no matter how many times you use it. The FB nerf was a step in the right direction but the mechanic is fundamentally designed to rob you when your opponent is low on health and desperate for a second chance. I think that’s kind of lame personally. They need to make it a one time per round use on hit or whiff, (unless you’re a FB cancel character) otherwise the game will remain a FB death match every time you get under 30%.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Regarding Outplayed

Using Injustice 2 as an example, if a Green Lantern is down to nearly dead versus whoever and the GL uses the bizarre issue with his flip kick (f3) to come back is the agreen Lantern outplaying the opponent? Or is he using a character specific exploit?
If you got come back on in a game with free armor its your fault period. Besides GL WAS THE LEAST problem character in that game.

Stanlos

Noob
If you got come back on in a game with free armor its your fault period. Besides GL WAS THE LEAST problem character in that game.

Thanks, but I used the example of his gimmicky f3 to try to understand whether or not it and exploits in general are perceived on the boards in the same light as Fatal Blows.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Thanks, but I used the example of his gimmicky f3 to try to understand whether or not it and exploits in general are perceived on the boards in the same light as Fatal Blows.
People don't consider FB exploits. It is a flawed mechanic that is exploited for sure but not in a buggy way. Again if FB costs a resource it would be fine, but right now it's free with very little skill requirement. Its the WORST type of 4th place trophy comeback mech you know.

Stanlos

Noob
People don't consider FB exploits. It is a flawed mechanic that is exploited for sure but not in a buggy way. Again if FB costs a resource it would be fine, but right now it's free with very little skill requirement. Its the WORST type of 4th place trophy comeback mech you know.
I was thinking about this thread in today's KOMBAT LEAGUE matches. I faced Jokers, Scorpions, a Kung Lao, and a Sub. I was hit with a Fatal Blow in one of the earlier ones which gave them the win . As I battled the Lao I caught myself being greedy and this time waited for the inevitable desperation Fatal Blow. And that time it didn't hit me. Instead I blocked and landed a reversal Brutality. I see it as a scarcer resource than supermoves in other games. FBs don't come back again after they hit. But in games like SFIV you can pretty much Hosenka several times with meter build.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I was thinking about this thread in today's KOMBAT LEAGUE matches. I faced Jokers, Scorpions, a Kung Lao, and a Sub. I was hit with a Fatal Blow in one of the earlier ones which gave them the win . As I battled the Lao I caught myself being greedy and this time waited for the inevitable desperation Fatal Blow. And that time it didn't hit me. Instead I blocked and landed a reversal Brutality. I see it as a scarcer resource than supermoves in other games. FBs don't come back again after they hit. But in games like SFIV you can pretty much Hosenka several times with meter build.
It's not resource because you dont build it, it's a comeback mech that you will only see if your losing. Its single use doesnt promote the type of play that your thinking it's the opposite certain characters in FB territory make the game come to a standstill I get if you blocked it you won that's fine that doesnt mean that it is balanced for every scenario. FB has a host of issues that plague it I can point to kang as the chief offender as to why FB is broken super fast super far reaching safe and all you have to do to access this lose. At minimum it should cost all meter

Stanlos

Noob
It's not resource because you dont build it, it's a comeback mech that you will only see if your losing. Its single use doesnt promote the type of play that your thinking it's the opposite certain characters in FB territory make the game come to a standstill I get if you blocked it you won that's fine that doesnt mean that it is balanced for every scenario. FB has a host of issues that plague it I can point to kang as the chief offender as to why FB is broken super fast super far reaching safe and all you have to do to access this lose. At minimum it should cost all meter
Thanks for the analysis! Are Krushing Blws viewed similarly?

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Thanks for the analysis! Are Krushing Blws viewed similarly?
Depends on what character you play. Geras kang or jax would say KB are fine johhny and kollector would Disagree. Overall I dont think they are to improperly balneced it's probably more most people dont know the requirements for every single one so they get surprised out of 50 percent which is never fun.

xKMMx

Banned
We got another one of these guys..

DaigoMx :cool:
By another one of these guys you mean one that didn't make excuses for my losses in MKX just cause it was a 50/50 fest?
You guys like to talk about how great MK 11 and is highly skill based and site proof of that by saying the same guys are always making Top 8's for that game at majors. The same goes for MKX. Wonder how they all got there over and over? Was it cause they were just the luckiest guessers of Low or Overhead starters year after year or did they learn how to play match ups and use the highly effective strategy of blocking low and reacting to overheads?
Lol MK11 is probably the first one of these games you have been good at and for that reason you have a high this insane agenda of trying to convince the world that this game is the ultimate chess match of a fighting game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
By another one of these guys you mean one that didn't make excuses for my losses in MKX just cause it was a 50/50 fest?
You guys like to talk about how great MK 11 and is highly skill based and site proof of that by saying the same guys are always making Top 8's for that game at majors. The same goes for MKX. Wonder how they all got there over and over? Was it cause they were just the luckiest guessers of Low or Overhead starters year after year or did they learn how to play match ups and use the highly effective strategy of blocking low and reacting to overheads?
Lol MK11 is probably the first one of these games you have been good at and for that reason you have a high this insane agenda of trying to convince the world that this game is the ultimate chess match of a fighting game.
Yeah, guys like Zyphox (or to a lesser extent, MilkySituation) making the EVO Top 8 is definitely a sign of the consistency of MKX as a game.

You know why that doesn't happen in MK11? I'll give you a couple guesses. (I'd say you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right ;) )

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I wanted to start this off by saying how much of a blast I have been having with the joker this week,Over 350 games super deep tech maaad fun. I also wanted to point out what should have been super obvious from the onset but was somewhat hidden under a veil of balance.
The chief most reason people rage in this game, is it DEMANDS HIGH level strats or skills to even be realativly decent. For instance- in order to stop cetrions Qauke ideally is the Flawless block it. I cannot stress enough how unreasonable it is to ask a casual to lab that technique. Contrary to popular opinion it does not come with practice or matchup knowledge. I am nub but I wouldnt consider myself a "casual" I typically run 2 or 3 hours a day typically and I'll FB on luck only.
Now we could debate back and forth Fblock right so I'll give you another instance of a high tier strat requirement coming from the player. Wave dashing, it is 100% required to play this game free. If your opponent can WD And you cant it's over just dashboard. I shouldn't have to elaborate that point to much so I'll just say people get triggered because the game is attempting to squeeze to much skill from the player. Obviously there are other issues such as randomness hitboxes ext, but I think feeding the weak to the strong is why everyone hatemails about killing our family's all the time.
I dont have a solution just an observation.

Play joker lol
ORRR you can play baraka and spam random mixes of specials and still win without a true combo?