What's new

Question The Most Consistent Anti-Air?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I dry 51% damage from an U3 AA combo with 1 bar, this puts players in alert mode in tournament to not jump over me like happens in casuals 2 Skarlet combos without breaker and is death.

So recently from a NJP or U3 i can spend a bar if their breaker meter is too short to fill during the damage taken so this way all my combos are always 0ver 40% damage even the scaled ones.

I stopped betting my ass on D1, is a 30-70 chance where you'll get blown up most of the times by a crossup full combo, or i dash out of it and whiff punish or reverse crimson dash on them.

Besides D1 damage is already scaled enough to suck it besides the reset we can get from it, its not worth it.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Triple U3 combo is 42% I believe meterless BnB. I'm sure it gets more with meter but its over 40% anyway LOL. Our character is broken.

edit: Oh shit! Now I remember I did like 42% with an uppercut ender, so it's prolly ~35% with a standing reset...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Triple U3 combo is 42% I believe meterless BnB. I'm sure it gets more with meter but its over 40% anyway LOL. Our character is broken.

edit: Oh shit! Now I remember I did like 42% with an uppercut ender, so it's prolly ~35% with a standing reset...
I'm build meter very fast this days, and if i have a chance to do the most damage i can get before they break it, i will do it, and combos with 1 bar are fairly easy, extremely hard to drop and makes them think twice if they want to break the last hit or just take the damage. Because you know?
You can just do a meterless anyway and if they break you get the meter advantage, more threats to expect, more limited setups, and more room to skarlet do what she wants

51% bro, legit and i recommend any Skarlet player to use this combo, the damage and the turnouts in battles are insane, and this is sometimes the damage we might need later when we start struggle at some point of the match and the opponent only lost 40% due a meterless reset + guessing correct to avoid a complete blocktring, and still be able to interrupt the chains between gaps or fuzzy guard an overhead.

51% for AA + counter read into another 37% reset + 10% of chip its = 98% Damage

ex iaD on block and the round is over.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Wow it does indeed seem easier than going for 23-rd~us instead. I've seen this video before in its appropriate thread but having never used U3 successfully, I overlooked it..

Damn Skarlet's dmg is broken :p

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Man you gotta use u3 for anti crossups! Its fantastic! I just recently got it into my game and still trying to combo off of it, but you can easily do U3 x 3, if you expect a crossup, which leads to an easy 42% standing reset combo! Even if you only do U3-U3-U3xxfAD you get like ~25% I think.

d1 sux IMO. If they see you neutral crouching they will JiK instead... Hitbox ain't that great like for ex. Jax's d1..

edit: If I think I can't catch 'em with U3, I'll just try to red dash away.
U3 for anti crossups? Idk, seems like its too slow. Maybe if you are both neutral and they go for a cross up, but no one I play does that. Everyone puts me in either minus frames, or knockdown before crossing up. I need to do more testing with this to find out more, most of my experience is online which doesn't count because u3 is completely different online, I swear its twice as long on startup, I'm training offline tomorrow though so I'll give it a lot of tests.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
U3 for anti crossups? Idk, seems like its too slow. Maybe if you are both neutral and they go for a cross up, but no one I play does that. Everyone puts me in either minus frames, or knockdown before crossing up. I need to do more testing with this to find out more, most of my experience is online which doesn't count because u3 is completely different online, I swear its twice as long on startup, I'm training offline tomorrow though so I'll give it a lot of tests.
I've hit U3 on an opponent who had already almost crossed-up and then the 2nd U3 turned Skarlet around and gave me a full wall combo LOL.

Seriously, U3 on read is ridiculous! I wish I'd been using it earlier. You can even pick them off the ground while making their d3s whiff LOL.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
our common problem is that we abandon a lot if slow stuffs in this game, since the time i started to use U3 as a starter o read, the damage output from it becomed very rewardable, you will not find that slow once you get used to it and anticipate or give them some reasons to cross up ^^

I dunno who else in this game gets over 50% damage at the cost of 1 bar with AA alone, if we get a chance to abuse this (which i already do) we should use it.

AssassiN

Noob
our common problem is that we abandon a lot if slow stuffs in this game, since the time i started to use U3 as a starter o read, the damage output from it becomes very rewardable, you will not find that slow once you get used to it and anticipate or give them some reasons to cross up ^^

I dunno who else in this game gets over 50% damage at the cost of 1 bar with AA alone, if we get a chance to abuse this (which i already do) we should use it.
There is one character.
They say all he needs is a net and a dream.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
You'd have to make one heck of a read to be able to land U3 as an anti-crossup move. I think U3 is best in the corner during U3,4,dagger pressure when players want to jump out, but still landing U3 as anti-crossup seems to happen rarely unless my opponent likes to jump a lot. and D1 is underrated...you just have to get used to the timing. jump kicks will beat it but really that's MU specific for who can combo off of a jump kick which is when I don't try to D1.

Johnny2d

I think consistency is the most important thing. I find it hard to believe that people are landing u3 as anti cross up 9/10. I know it gets great damage, i know I can probably use it more, I know it is way better offline than online, but you guys that are saying its good anti crossover, you are seriously telling me that you use u3 on reaction and it kills cross ups 9 out of 10 times? Against good players, not just jump spammers? If so you are on another level then me :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You'd have to make one heck of a read to be able to land U3 as an anti-crossup move. I think U3 is best in the corner during U3,4,dagger pressure when players want to jump out, but still landing U3 as anti-crossup seems to happen rarely unless my opponent likes to jump a lot. and D1 is underrated...you just have to get used to the timing. jump kicks will beat it but really that's MU specific for who can combo off of a jump kick which is when I don't try to D1.
The problem of D1 is mostly like you miss time it and the opponent uses a jip and get a full 40% combo. and you waste a bar for a breaker instead of anti-breaker or counter read.
I actually find this move pretty inconsistent to AA crossups with, its pretty annoying. So i dash away from it, when the crossup is unexpected.

IMO if not every character can start a combo from a JK, why d1 when you can U3 on read? if you lose the result is the same in MU specific, but if you win, is 51% damage at best. Besides, Block , uppercut or dashing out when you can is more rewarding than trying to counter unexpected crossovers with D1 honestly.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think consistency is the most important thing. I find it hard to believe that people are landing u3 as anti cross up 9/10. I know it gets great damage, i know I can probably use it more, I know it is way better offline than online, but you guys that are saying its good anti crossover, you are seriously telling me that you use u3 on reaction and it kills cross ups 9 out of 10 times? Against good players, not just jump spammers? If so you are on another level then me :)
Johnny its impossible to use on reaction. i see U3 as noob saibot's upknee which is also 16 frames, and noob players are able to AA with it. Skarlet however use much less inputs to do it.

Its almost impossible to use on Reaction, but if you're expecting a jump in at the moment, and during this moment you're expecting they jump, at the very 1st frame you see the jump in animation, its still possible to use U3. This is how i do it, and this is what i call U3 on read.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Just try to only use U3/red dash away in a casual match and get used to it. Of course you're gonna get blown for using it at first, but when you get it down oh boy...

Your problem with U3 is, I assume, that you're afraid of using it, thus removing it from the list of usable tools Skarlet has. If you're using it on a bad read, at the very least you can block confirm it into U34 which is safe. Never try using it when an opponent is mid air and trying to cross over or you WILL always get blown up and fully combo punished. Just try and throw an U3 in anticipation of a jump in/ crossover and you'll see its not THAT unsafe. You'll be surprised by how rarely you'll get punished for it.

Anyway I'll have a more valid opinion on this by the end of the week when I'm gonna play some more people offline. Until then, trust Eddy :p

Johnny2d

I get what you guys are saying, and I'm not afraid of using it, I think its a great move, but it can't be used on reaction, and I think you guys have to be clear about that. If you know someone is going to jump at you, then by all means, u3 your heart out. Good players don't telegraph jump ins like that though so you'll have to throw it out there once in a while... which again, isn't the worst thing because it is safe (This is the situation you are talking about Eddy, like how Noob players will throw out an up knee, it screams don't jump at me)

Potential Anti Airs-
Moves you can react with- Standing 2,1, or D1, or f4, or dash out of the way.
Moves that have to be used in anticipation, expecting a jump in- U3. Has to be a guess, or to deter them from jumping in, similar to Noob's up knee.

Because of this distinction, U3 can't be listed as the best anti air for cross ups, it can't be used on reaction. I think we are saying mostly the same things, I like u3, I love the damage. In my current state of where I'm at as a player, I need consistent tools that work on reaction. I do like the idea of using the nooblike u3 though, I'm going to use that :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
ok Johnny.
I've only started to use U3 more consistenly now, the 51% damage is worth the shot, of course is not every time, but when i can pull it i pull it. In the vid below you'll see a lot of NJP reads, i recently replaced half of its execution with U3
(not sure if you guys have seen it)

8 minutes mark.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Eddy Wang

Because you're just throwing U3 out there hoping that they'll jump into it, which is rare against good players. It is similar to NJP, and you don't see a player landing a NJP very often in high level play. U3 is good for damage, yes but that's the only good thing about it and that's only if it lands. So yeah on a correct read it's good, but more often than not you'll just be throwing the U3 out there and giving your opponent more opportunities to whiff punish or combo you. It's also slow, meaning you can't just throw it out while being pressured or you might get comboed. Some people also like to cross-up while you're knocked down where you can't U3.

Also the people saying D1 will get you blown up are the ones who aren't timing it right. We shouldn't exclude D1 from our game because it is one of Skarlet's very few anti-crossups she can do on reaction and it's her fastest too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy Wang

Because you're just throwing U3 out there hoping that they'll jump into it, which is rare against good players. It is similar to NJP, and you don't see a player landing a NJP very often in high level play. U3 is good for damage, yes but that's the only good thing about it and that's only if it lands. So yeah on a correct read it's good, but more often than not you'll just be throwing the U3 out there and giving your opponent more opportunities to whiff punish or combo you. It's also slow, meaning you can't just throw it out while being pressured or you might get comboed. Some people also like to cross-up while you're knocked down where you can't U3.

Also the people saying D1 will get you blown up are the ones who aren't timing it right. We shouldn't exclude D1 from our game because it is one of Skarlet's very few anti-crossups she can do on reaction and it's her fastest too.
i do not hope, i do make a read, they jump and i U3, that is all.

I only wish we could play someday red, that is all, not everything is logical impossible in this game. D1 doesn't sticks with me, i've been trying to time this shit for a year, for other characters works, but for skarlet doesn't. And the risk of getting caught in the ground for a miss timing... hah... this all over again.

its not like i never used D1 anymore, but really rarely, its not a too reliable option for me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The problem of D1 is mostly like you miss time it and the opponent uses a jip and get a full 40% combo. and you waste a bar for a breaker instead of anti-breaker or counter read.
I actually find this move pretty inconsistent to AA crossups with, its pretty annoying. So i dash away from it, when the crossup is unexpected.

IMO if not every character can start a combo from a JK, why d1 when you can U3 on read? if you lose the result is the same in MU specific, but if you win, is 51% damage at best. Besides, Block , uppercut or dashing out when you can is more rewarding than trying to counter unexpected crossovers with D1 honestly.

I pulled this off on pig on stream on Monday...its on his channel in my matches vs his Lao. It felt goooood

i always used standing 1 for aa but it seems not as consistant as standing 2 as she has annoying litte t rex arm for standing 1, but hits better than standing 2 if their close aa. so im using standing 2 nowadays with good results. (but looks like eddy has found the best aa combo) :)