What's new

Question The Most Consistent Anti-Air?

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
U3, F4, 2, 1, IAD.... Out of these options, which ones do you find the most consistent? Meaning... which one is less likely to get stuffed by a JIP/JIK. As of late, all my anti-airs attempts have resulted in me eating full combos =(

RexyWrecks

F4 is honestly the most unsafe AA option she has... But it is the most rewarding. Uppercuts do work wonders though.

ryublaze

Noob
IMO her most consistent AAs are D1, standing 1, and standing 2. Depending on your distance between you and your opponent, standing 1 is better up close cuz it's 2 frames faster than standing 2, but standing 2 has a bit more range. D1 is the fastest AA if you need to AA cross-ups. Well-timed jump kicks can beat these though. Both standing 1 and 2 are hard to do online.

and yeah like Assassin said, uppercut is very consistent but you can't combo off it unless you hit them at the top where they go over Skarlet where you can link into D1. F4 is good for its range but is 1 frame slower than standing 2.

RexyWrecks

I've actually have found d1 to be very consistent. The problem is following up after the D1... It's no easy task. Do you guys go straight into dagger after the d1?

ryublaze

Noob
I actually have found d1 to be very consistent. The problem is following up after the D1... It's no easy task. Do you guys go straight into dagger after the d1?
D1, up slash

You have to option select it. Just input D1,F2 whenever you want to AA with D1. You should link up slash after all of her AAs (2,DF2 for 2 up slash) besides U3 cuz you can't link up slash after that.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
For me standing 2...but I have been trying to use 1 more. I think it might be just as good if not better because of its speed.

When I'm on the left side of the screen I find myself doing iad very well and I use it as AA on accident. If they block it or if it goes over their head I can land and armor. If they jump I get a combo. iad is the future for Skarlet. it is a MUST MUST MUST

RexyWrecks

I'd love to play some of you Skarlet mains online! I think that Skarlet players are the most helpful compared to the other sub-forums :)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I'd love to play some of you Skarlet mains online! I think that Skarlet players are the most helpful compared to the other sub-forums :)
ill be on later tonight if ya wanna play i know some shit wit her , once ive had some games ill get back into the rhythm

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Since we are talking about AA, any tips on landing d1. I have never used this technique.
If i can afford breaker or life bar i AA with f4 or 1. If i dont know either of it i go for d2.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since we are talking about AA, any tips on landing d1. I have never used this technique.
If i can afford breaker or life bar i AA with f4 or 1. If i dont know either of it i go for d2.
I use d1 only to stop wrong measured crossups, other than that, i NJP our dash out of it. I Hate Skarlet's d1 to AA with

Saltea Moonspell

Update on the AA system.
The d1 AA was unsuccessful with me. However I manage to master 1 into 8 out of 10 attempts. Regarding cross up I managed to poll of the NJP (but still it isnt in my muscle memory and i lack the reaction speed). Though the d3 dose well with me.

Bottom line: Solid AA at least for me is standing 1.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Update on the AA system.
The d1 AA was unsuccessful with me. However I manage to master 1 into 8 out of 10 attempts. Regarding cross up I managed to poll of the NJP (but still it isnt in my muscle memory and i lack the reaction speed). Though the d3 dose well with me.

Bottom line: Solid AA at least for me is standing 1.
everyone will end up sticking with 1 up slash due its hitbox viability.

I use it a lot when i can't whiff punish a jiP. but when i can anticipate i can even U3 for better damage.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm no expert on Skarlet, but I think her uppercut, standing 2, and instant-air daggers would do the trick? If I'm wrong, write me off as an ignorant fool. ;_;

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm no expert on Skarlet, but I think her uppercut, standing 2, and instant-air daggers would do the trick? If I'm wrong, write me off as an ignorant fool. ;_;
its all about damage Blake, these options are really crap sometimes, instant air daggers can be jumped over, standing 2 doesn't beat Jiks, uppercut doesn't combo.:(

Saltea Moonspell

Standing 2 - wont work on reaction (to risky).
Instant air dagger - possibly it might do, however i dont think it will be better unless someone masters it to perfection.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
Also: if your iad's come out fast enough, but get jumped over, can cover up safely. I cant lock any other AA in online, besides my limpwristed uppercut and improving AD's

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
iaD: Good to AA ppl from too afar, can be used on reaction
NJP and U3: Good to anticipate any jump, even crossups, dive kicks and advancing specials
standing 1 and d1: fast AAs to use on reaction, good against unexpected jump ins
reverse ex red dash: fastest way to save a lost cause crossup or lost cause jump in
F4: good to AA jump ins on a specific range.
d4: lower skarlet hitbox while AAs 12f
standing 2: getting more and more disapointed, easely stuffed
d3: best whiff crossups, and jks that gives skarlet mu specific options to deal with crossup world first problems

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I like standing 2 as AA. Its got all the right stuff for me to use it as my go to for most things. Im still awful at anti crossups, gotta work on that d1.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
I like standing 2 as AA. Its got all the right stuff for me to use it as my go to for most things. Im still awful at anti crossups, gotta work on that d1.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
Man you gotta use u3 for anti crossups! Its fantastic! I just recently got it into my game and still trying to combo off of it, but you can easily do U3 x 3, if you expect a crossup, which leads to an easy 42% standing reset combo! Even if you only do U3-U3-U3xxfAD you get like ~25% I think.

d1 sux IMO. If they see you neutral crouching they will JiK instead... Hitbox ain't that great like for ex. Jax's d1..

edit: If I think I can't catch 'em with U3, I'll just try to red dash away.