What's new

The most broken moves(Chars) in history of fighting games, list them here.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang
Garra from Naruto Rise of a ninja ?
Neji from generations? He wasn't broken, but he was annoying to deal with lol
I haven't played Rise of the ninja.

Yeah Neji was fast, but the thing about generation was, every character fast was annoying to deal with because you had to interrupt them out of their pressure in order to get them deplete their kawarimi meter, so that when they get none of it, you get to use one of your bars and apply a full combo with juggles and everything and win the game before his kawarimi meter goes back.

Masked man was just like:
"Oh fuck your pressure, Kanade moyi"
"Rasengan? Fuck your Rasengan, Kanade moyi"
"Fuck your ultimate jutsu, Kanade moyi"
Fuck anything in the game, i have a chakra as kawarimi meter and i get to refill anytime i want because when it deals damage you drop chakra points so i can pick them up without charging my chakra, so mean while, Kanade moyi.

d3v

SRK
Zero has been broken/top tier in any fighting game he's ever been in, even SvC:Chaos.

Also, anyone who played CvS1 seriously most likely knows about the horror that was CvS1 Nakoruru.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't really think any MKX character qualifies
Not in the current version of the game, but pre-patch Kobu Jutsu Tanya most certainly qualifies. She was surreptitiously one of the most broken characters in modern fighting games. Armored 7F teleport that launches and escapes all pressure. Very little to no whiff recovery on aerial teleport. More block advantage on teleport cancels. Two hits of armor on EX rekka. NRS normalized lots of this stuff, yet she still remains one of the best characters in the game.

Tekken 4 Jin was broken, but he represents the early meta of the game. Tekken 4 Steve was more broken. NiN used to dominate Jin players with Steve. Tekken 4 had no high crush system, which favored Steve. 1,2,1~B and d+1~B (modern b+1~B) could beat low attacks, including generic d+1s. FLK transitions had no whiff recovery. Most moves that are punishable in modern Tekken games such as d/f+1+2 and DCK,2 used to be safe on block.

Dairou had one of the most broken moves in fighting game history. The Tombstone Drop was a quick, unblockable, full screen juggle starter.

Dairou for DLC!

JDM

Noob
She-Hulk with Tron or Haggar assist was ridiculous. Incoming character basically got hit for free in the corner on top of the fact that she was extremely solid in neutral. Dante was crazy good, but Wolverine and Zero were fucked up.
Zeros better in ultimate lol

Reactions: d3v

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not in the current version of the game, but pre-patch Kobu Jutsu Tanya most certainly qualifies. She was surreptitiously one of the most broken characters in modern fighting games. Armored 7F teleport that launches and escapes all pressure. Very little to no whiff recovery on aerial teleport. More block advantage on teleport cancels. Two hits of armor on EX rekka. NRS normalized lots of this stuff, yet she still remains one of the best characters in the game.

Tekken 4 Jin was broken, but he represents the early meta of the game. Tekken 4 Steve was more broken. NiN used to dominate Jin players with Steve. Tekken 4 had no high crush system, which favored Steve. 1,2,1~B and d+1~B (modern b+1~B) could beat low attacks, including generic d+1s. FLK transitions had no whiff recovery. Most moves that are punishable in modern Tekken games such as d/f+1+2 and DCK,2 used to be safe on block.

Dairou had one of the most broken moves in fighting game history. The Tombstone Drop was a quick, unblockable, full screen juggle starter.

Dairou for DLC!
Agreed on tanya. I thought I was seeing double in CEO.

JDM

Noob
He wasn't explored in vanilla fully. He probably still had all the same bullshit.
Nah they added the lightning cross up, no buster cancels, his otg angle was completely different. I main Zero in umvc3 and I tried to do his newer stuff in vanilla, most of it just doesn't work. The Lightning loop was harder because no buster cancels.

He was still top tier but umvc3 he's borderline broken lol, I say this as a Zero main ;3. Zero/Vergil/Morrigan are super busted in umvc3. But Vanilla Phoenix and Dante were the be all end all in marvel 3.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Kudos for the fun thread but the mvc3 one is incredibly wrong. Wesker was actually *buffed* in the transition to UMVC3. This caused mass outcry, as players far and wide wondered why the hell capcom would buff a top 5 character (shades of MKX quan chi). It actually turned out that even after the buffs Wesker wasn't that great (barely top ten at best, infrequently used in competitive play later on), suggesting that vanilla Wesker wasn't nearly as good as anyone thought. Having an infinite in X factor is irrelevant as loads of characters have them and even the ones that don't can one touch kill almost any character in the game when they have X factor on.

Only "broke" character in vanilla was Phoenix - Viscant won the first Evo with her and once she was normalised to be merely top ten he immediately faded hard, failing to place very high at any majors of note ever again (that I can remember anyway ... maybe I'm forgetting).

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
This thread, I don't get how people are mentioning characters as broken when they weren't even the top in their own game..

Wesker was barely top 10 in vanilla mvc3. Pheonix, Wolvie, Magnus, Dante, Zero, And Viper were all better than him. He was godlike mainly coz he was beast plus was the easiest access to the DHC glitch as well as an easy OTG assist and unblockable setups with his low shot assist.

Cammy in vanilla sf4 was awesome and had potential but Akuma, Seth, Sagat, Rufus and Ryu were still gonna be better. There was also Fei and Gen who were also better but only got explored after vanilla died.
In super she was top but Seth, Akuma and Abel were still gonna be better.

Also I'm pretty sure in 96 Chin and Krauser were the go-to assholes.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Naruto
The Hidan assist from generations.Burned all your subs and you were still pulled in., while on block it would nearly break your guard and the opponent got time to charge chakra for absolutely free. Fuu from Storm 3 was ridiculous in awakening as well. Tailed-beast bomb spam anyone? Instant win. Also pre-patch Hinata where if you timed it correctly, the pull from your jutsu with the push from a Pain assist gave like 40% easy.

UMvC3
TAC infinites changed the way we play the game. Traditional anchors with great corner carry like Magnus and Vergil switched to leads because of their ability to get you to the corner and start guessing once you were in the air. Doom gained much attention with his damaging and flashy TAC 1-touch combos (Marlinpie swag). So many things were not right in Mahvel. Zero, Phoenix, Vergil (especially in x-factor) were broken. And let's not forget free armor.

You can't spell Hulk without a standing H.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
@Eddy Wang @Slips Are there any videos showcasing Tekken 4 Jin's OPness? I remember thinking h was super good back when I played it but I wasn't into competitive fighters back then so never really went all that in depth with Tekken 4 but he's a character that used a lot to compare super dumb shit.

Just wondered if anyone ever did a breakdown of him somewhere.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Karas and Ken the Eagle in Tatsunoko vs Capcom: CGOH
-Karas had the best pokes, an invincible dash that crossed up, best pressure, and an easy to perform infinite that converted from everything.
-Ken the Eagle could run away literally all game, reaching positions on the screen that no other character could dream of reaching. Also, easiest jab infinite ever.

Zero in Tatsunoko vs Capcom: UAS
-In UAS, Zero replaced Ken and Karas' bullshit with new bullshit. Semi-infinite block pressure that slowly killed the opponent, built meter, and lasted forever, allowing him to pressure until the opponent finally got out, use the meter he build to burst out of the punish, and rinse and repeat.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@Eddy Wang

17 broken in Tenkaichi 3? Naaaaaaah. LSSJ Broly was pretty damn stupid in comparison to the rest of the cast. He broke all brick walls, while being a brick wall to a huge portion of the cast as well, had arguably the best charged ki shot in the game, did great damage, and had one of the better combo sets in the game. Kakarot was a good B1, and he had an unblockable Ultimate. He was pretty easily the best in the game, and 17 was somewhere like mid.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Karas and Ken the Eagle in Tatsunoko vs Capcom: CGOH
-Karas had the best pokes, an invincible dash that crossed up, best pressure, and an easy to perform infinite that converted from everything.
-Ken the Eagle could run away literally all game, reaching positions on the screen that no other character could dream of reaching. Also, easiest jab infinite ever.

Zero in Tatsunoko vs Capcom: UAS
-In UAS, Zero replaced Ken and Karas' bullshit with new bullshit. Semi-infinite block pressure that slowly killed the opponent, built meter, and lasted forever, allowing him to pressure until the opponent finally got out, use the meter he build to burst out of the punish, and rinse and repeat.
Mega Crash made him even more dumb since he could build back the meter used for it in the same combo. Basically even hitting Zero was not a good situation to be in.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Nah they added the lightning cross up, no buster cancels, his otg angle was completely different. I main Zero in umvc3 and I tried to do his newer stuff in vanilla, most of it just doesn't work. The Lightning loop was harder because no buster cancels.

He was still top tier but umvc3 he's borderline broken lol, I say this as a Zero main ;3. Zero/Vergil/Morrigan are super busted in umvc3. But Vanilla Phoenix and Dante were the be all end all in marvel 3.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I still think Wolverine was more fucked up than Dante was.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
FN cinder in the first Killer instinct this dude was rediculous
-invisible crossups
-movable neutral jump
-projectile invul
-forces you to guess more than cassie

here is a good video that covers his brokeness

man this song makes me shake my booty everytime

FN Noob saibot mk trilogy
just wtf!!
-huge combos
-one cloud your dead (???xaryc 9km???)
-infintes and shit

look and get broken

many chars had infinite but he has, well guess what....
the cloud

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Viola in scv gets safe 50/50 touch of death and also can infinite touch of death from a grab. Alpha pat was arguably better but nobody really played viola to her dumbest level.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
ahhh the masked man , kimmimaro + neji support ranked matches on storm 3. those were the most frustrating days of my life.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

17 broken in Tenkaichi 3? Naaaaaaah. LSSJ Broly was pretty damn stupid in comparison to the rest of the cast. He broke all brick walls, while being a brick wall to a huge portion of the cast as well, had arguably the best charged ki shot in the game, did great damage, and had one of the better combo sets in the game. Kakarot was a good B1, and he had an unblockable Ultimate. He was pretty easily the best in the game, and 17 was somewhere like mid.
Haha, although i agree Broly was one of the best characters in the game, since tenkaichi 3 was codded with power levels differences in mind.
Anyone below a certain level couldn't even make him finch by default without charging their ki to full power.

He also had one of the best setups in the game when his Ki slot had 3 uses, he could use his super which was a command grab then uses the Kakarot powerup while the opponent is falling after getting hit by the super so he could use his unblockable ultimate and pick them up as they land, i admit that was stupid dumb.

But broly has the same issue as everyone else who wasn't an android, they need to have ki to wistand on their own, so if they're just idling they ki won't rise up they need to charge head on for that to happen, and Broly normals were hella slow.

I dunno how the game was played overseas, but in here we've seen ppl cry, adult ppl dropping tears because the most advanced players wouldn't let you charge, the first one to charge his ki in front of the other will die.

That's something A-17, A-18, A-19 and A-20 (dr.Gero) didn't had, although they couldn't charge ki without being completely full they ki would built up on their own even when they're not attacking, so you never had to worry or doing ki management with them, but all other androids were weak, A-17 was so dumb, he would win you in Ki management, and his normals were incredibly fast, and his blast was so fast, multi hitting, lesser ki comsuption and incredibly hard to vanish in between, and the best part is that if he finished his combos with his blast, even if you dodge it, you will reappear in the same place, so you don't have a chance to counter him, and you have spent nearly half of your ki to perfectly avoid his 2 fireballs, while his Ki is still building up, if you move in fast you will spend more of your ki, you can't charge anyway because you're in front of him, you cannot block while charging and you won't be able to block if you stop charging when they're already at your face.

So many learned the hard way, that character was rad, and the best part was that he could cancel his dash into body blows, body blows could be vanished but usually they win trades against light attacks, when he gets behind you after making you suffer that long, its over.

Pretty sure he was one of the strongest characters in the game, but i loved Tenkaichi 3, very well compettive and was one of their best games system ever, the charge system was fine as well, building up ki was at your own risk, the best way of having ki was to fight and make them block your attacks, or you could give up offense to build ki, but you wouldn't build that much.

These were the most playable characters in here, and had some really strong representations

Teen Gohan
A-17
Broly
Krillin (Krillin was damn good)
Ultimate Gohan (One of my favorites)
Son Goku
Vegeta
Gogeta
Picollo
Cell
Buu (Damn i forgot Buu, he was stupid strong as well)
Goten
Super A-17

There were many others who i can't recall that much, but used to be good too.