What's new

The more I see of it the more I see Injustice (READ OP)

So do you even notice it?

• WHAT?

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I noticed, but doesn't really bother me

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • I noticed it and NRS should fix that if they can

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I personally love the fact that NRs took the best parts of Inj and implemented it on MKX.

J1/2/3 juggle combos were a nice addition.

MBB3s were good. Now done in a dif way but it works the same which is awesome for punishing button mashers.

The silver thing for EX looks pretty good to me tbh.

Hit Trading and being able to combo of low pokes is gonna change the whole meta of the game( for the better) it seems.

AA EX grabs into juggles seems amazing to punish jump happy players and you could also add an EX throw to continue the juggle!

You can now use the same special move twice to continue your combo to make longer combos! Amazing!

EX moves seem to have a really fast start up again for better wiff punishing.

Graphics look amazing even on youtube quality. Animations and combos seem a lot smother etc.

I'm glad that auto piloting and doing random scrubby shit wont fly in this game.

I can already see good tools for defensive play style like Intractables to get out of corners, having invincibility on back dash this is new to MK and I hope it stays.

Again we wont know until we play the game but I have a lot of hope for MKX.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MKX feels a lot like MK9, only incredibly better, if you play close atention to the game you will notice lots of things that are an improvement of MK9, specially the animations and the fight mechanic.

Injustice feel? lol

I think MKX feels like MKX

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
What people seem to be forgetting is that yeah there is no dash canceling anymore but if you wanna cover so much screen and be safe guess what? You can always run cancel for one bar of stamina meter. 1/2 bars.

Quit wanting everything for free and learn to earn your wins people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
okay, I understand where you're coming from. I was on the same boat as you. I don't wait it to feel like Injustice 2.0. when I first saw the trailer, I was like "what the fuck? I wanted mk :_:," but you just have to realize this is MK X not mk9 2.0, not Injustice 2.0, it a WHOLE NEW GAME!

like, we can tell nothing from what the game is going to be like from videos. sure, we can talk about it, but for all we know interpretable could be supppppppper punishable and there for almost never get used. this game has a run button and bar, that neither mk9 or injustice had, and it'll play a huge role in combos, footsies, and overall game play.

dear Test Your Might, please, stop freaking out. Injustice wasn't a bad game, and just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean you're going to hate the Mk x injustice aspects of the game.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I really don't see the resemblance, it just looks like the sequel of MK9 and things improved and changed for the better.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Now that you pointed out the screen shaking, it's really annoying me lol ...
Damn, if you wouldn't point it out I'd never noticed it, and tbh even if that was taken from IGAU it doesn't bothers me, now it's the jumping animation that I would like were not taken from IGAU so they keep the traditional "roll jump" for everybody (except FerraTorr I guess). I should stop watching more videos cause I will nitpick everything from now on :(.

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
Are the input commands for the enhanced versions of the special moves similar to MK9 or Injustice? Like Sub Zero's EX Slide, is it b, f, 4 + block or b, f, 4, block?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Are the input commands for the enhanced versions of the special moves similar to MK9 or Injustice? Like Sub Zero's EX Slide, is it b, f, 4 + block or b, f, 4, block?
I hope they take it from IGAU, that is one IGAU thing I really like; to answer your question... I don't know.

I heard from RIP's impressions of the E3 demo that it depends on the special move. Some work like MK9 and some work like Injustice.

Made by the same studio: Check
Uses the same modified unreal engine 3 they've been using since Mortal Kombat vs D.C:Check

Things like similarities with previous titles, recycled animations etc. are to be expected. No big deal.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This thread lends itself to so many jokes, I don't know where to start. Or if I can.

Part of me just wants to shoot it up like hilarious heroin.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
Sometimes I visit this site to see if any casuals are going on around me. I then stumble upon threads like this and stay away for awhile. I clearly could have refrained from clicking on this thread but I did and now you will hear me cry...stop whining; seriously. The game is like a year away. What is your pontification helping? Thanks for driving me away.