What's new

The more I see of it the more I see Injustice (READ OP)

So do you even notice it?

• WHAT?

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I noticed, but doesn't really bother me

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • I noticed it and NRS should fix that if they can

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
No I'm not talking about the Interactables here.

I noticed they completely Injustified the overall feel of the game.
See How there's that Silver effect each time a character hit the opponent? how about that much more noticeable hit stun like in Injustice and Capcom fighters. Scorpion or even the rest of the cast performs their Special moves in such velocity now. And what's up with that screen shaking though, it's too much. Even SZ ice fireball has screen shaking with it, wth. I don't know bout' you guys but the game feels a lot like a cartoon compared to the previous one, MK9 isn't even close to being realistic but that game had authenticity and sense of realism flowing all over it.

I'm not saying that Injustice has shit Aesthetic but the previous Mk title fits the Mk gameplay really well thus it's the one that NRS should follow in terms of design. Thought MK9 was the best fighting ever released honestly and the new ideas they're bringing in for gameplay and variety are so exciting that's why I'm a bit skeptical. I just want this to be perfect.

UI is also trying hard though after release I'm confident that it's not gonna be one of my concerns.
Here are videos so you guys could compare

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
......What do you expect they even said there will be bits of Injustice in gameplay...Come on man we already been through all this . I'd wait until the game is 100% done before we start to complain and have you played the game? How do you know it feels like a cartoon? Can't just go on what you have "seen" smh

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
When I saw the first gameplay trailer I was surprised to how much different the game looked, like there's some things about it that remind me of capcom games, or even KI... it's probably the animations. Now, after seeing a few more videos (specially the german one), I must say the gameplay looks amazing and it's still familiar. What I'm just curious is to see how the dash mechanic and run cancelling is, I really liked being able to cancel my dash into whatever in MK9 and I wish we were able to do it again, even if it ends up being harder.

poopingtoad

FUCK KUNG LAO!
Now that you pointed out the screen shaking, it's really annoying me lol then I realized it was in MK9 aswell.

But anyways, I also think it looks like Injustice, but that is something I will get over. My only true complaint with MKX at the moment is the removal of dash cancels.

Now that you pointed out the screen shaking, it's really annoying me lol then I realized it was in MK9 aswell.

But anyways, I also think it looks like Injustice, but that is something I will get over. My only true complaint with MKX at the moment is the removal of dash cancels.
Hm Can't help but notice that the concern for Dash cancelling is getting greater and greater. Is there a thread about this yet? I skimmed through and didn't notice any.

Of course it looks like Injustice they're still using the Unreal engine. A much more improved version of Unreal engine and with next gen tricks but it's still the same tools so it's pretty much inevitable.

You only say it looks like Injustice because IGAU was their last game. If between IGAU and MKX there was a UMK9 you would think it looks like UMK9.

But aside from the graphic/engine similarities, the overall look doesn't make me think of IGAU at all. The characters are much bigger because of a closer up cam, gameplay seems fater and the ambiance is a lot darker.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
One thing I can agree on is the feel of realism. I really want MKX to have completely human chars like Cage, Kang, Jax, Sonya. The ones that are simply human on the outside, without any masks, tattoos or different skin color. As of now, with the presented chars, the game looks like it's almost completely in a magical realm. The only humanoid, Cassie, looks actually like from a gears of war/metal gear solid game, or an RTS. I don't like that. She resembles C.Viper a lot, a kind of a cliche. The game looks amazing as for looks, as for personality we'll have to see the story mode or at least some vignettes.

And no, it doesn't resemble Injustice at all. AT ALL. It looks crazy fast and very similar to MK9, which I personally approve a lot. GO NRS!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
The only thing that to me seems clearly identical from Injustice is the insertion of jumping 1 or 2 mid combos to make the character extra floaty.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
So did you play the game? If so then I must be excited if it is as good
Yeah I played, continue to play, and love MK9 but it has a ton of issues and it's wildly unbalanced. I'm saying MKX is gonna be the next step for NRS. Injustice isn't perfect but it's more balanced and has less problems like meter drain glitch and wonky, unintended tools. They can only get better and I think the Injustice elements in MKX are their way of making a game capable of true balance and deep meta.

If you want MKX to just be another MK9, play MK9. But remember how broken that game was. You can't run a victory lap around a flawed system.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
At the end of the day, it's Ed Boon's game, and Ed will make the game he likes to make. Ed rarely makes the same game twice; so everyone may as well stop holding on to MK9 now and start embracing MKX.

You are correct that the character design and animations feel more cartoonish, and also that there seems to be a helping of IGAU baked in, but that's the direction the designers have chosen. Personally I think it looks fantastic, and blending in the Injustice aesthetic will only broaden the audience for the game.

MK9 had it's time, but now something fresh is on the horizon and it'll be a blast to see how it turns out.