What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Question for both of you: Were you online, or offline for Xbox Live when this happened? My husband is having the same issue with Bo' Rai Cho when doing the Klassic Tower. He also had it freeze when using Leatherface, and it was upon reaching Shinnok. While it only happened once with leatherface, it happened multiple times on Bo.

If you were online, try doing the Klassic Tower in offline mode. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it worked for my husband. He finally completed the tower with Bo without it doing the freeze/crash thing on him once he switched to offline. I'm going to tweet NRS and submit a ticket as well, but it seems like it's something with Xbox Live having issues with XL.
Mine was offline. I got to Shinok with Cyrax and it freezed during their intros.

Siontis

Noob
For me, the crashes occurred always during offline towers before I delete it from my PS4 . I have also deleted all of my progress (I had unlocked everything in the crypt and the Dragon King set) because the crash-error CE -34878-0 means corrupted data. The only way I am reinstalling the game again is a patch and a confirmation that the crash bug is fixed.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Question for both of you: Were you online, or offline for Xbox Live when this happened? My husband is having the same issue with Bo' Rai Cho when doing the Klassic Tower. He also had it freeze when using Leatherface, and it was upon reaching Shinnok. While it only happened once with leatherface, it happened multiple times on Bo.

If you were online, try doing the Klassic Tower in offline mode. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it worked for my husband. He finally completed the tower with Bo without it doing the freeze/crash thing on him once he switched to offline. I'm going to tweet NRS and submit a ticket as well, but it seems like it's something with Xbox Live having issues with XL.

I tried 2 different ways, both online and offline. When the freezing first occurred, it would happen every time whenever I used Bo Rai Cho or Triborg on the klassic towers, while being online. It did occur with Alien as well. There was a time where I got to regular Shinnok and beat him the 2nd round, when Corrupted Shinnok appeared after the announcer saying final round, the game froze again.

While offline and doing towers, it didn't freeze as much as being online. I think there is something that while being online, the game crashes more frequently than being offline. But yeah it still did occur while offline so it helped only a little bit. I'm surprised my save file still hasn't corrupted.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Oh wow, just discovered another bug. If someone leaves WHILE their match is happening, the match is a draw, not a forfeit.

This game mode is absolute trash. Whoever looked at this and said "this is fine, ship it" needs to be fired.
Team battles are lame. I'd much prefer tag mode.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@tylerlansdown @colt Not sure if you guys know or check out this thread out from time to time but I've noticed a very consistent bug when I play arcade mode klassic tower, and get up to shinnok it freezes sometimes, at the beginning of the match or after I beat him initially and he goes into corrupted shinnok.

I have to either shut down my xbox start over or hit the home button, and go into something else then go back into MK and it'll just restart as if I just turned it on.

I don't know if this has happened with anyone else.

Siontis

Noob
@tylerlansdown @colt Not sure if you guys know or check out this thread out from time to time but I've noticed a very consistent bug when I play arcade mode klassic tower, and get up to shinnok it freezes sometimes, at the beginning of the match or after I beat him initially and he goes into corrupted shinnok.

I have to either shut down my xbox start over or hit the home button, and go into something else then go back into MK and it'll just restart as if I just turned it on.

I don't know if this has happened with anyone else.
The exact same thing happens to me but I am playing on PS4 . I believe that the crash issue has something to do with the pre XL saved progress but since the developer refuses to say anything about it , probably it's still under investigation ( I hope). I have already deleted my progress (I had unlocked the entire krypt and the Dragon King set ) and the game until a patch or an official workaround comes out. It took me forever to unlock everything through towers and I refuse to spend another minute on this game because this crash comes with the error CE -34878-0 and it means corrupted data when it occurs. I have sold my vanilla MKX copy (I have bought KP1 and KP2 for it ) and bought the XL disc , but the game crashes for people who have the XL disc too. Can this 16 bit guy enlighten us about the crash issues?

GhostTuna420

TKO-Ghost-Tuna
@tylerlansdown @colt Hey I thought this would be noteworthy to point out. I was testing Alien's strings against opponents in the corner to find out where all the gaps were. When I got to doing the b1 1 3 into bf4 I came across this. This only happens in the corner and as far as I know only a few characters can escape this. What is happening is that the game is thinking that Alien is in the corner so when you enter a reversal here you have to enter the inputs as if you were facing the corner. In return this causes reversals to come out in the wrong direction. It's situational but if you've ever tried to armor through this gap in the corner and miss it--its not your fault.

I also spotted this bug too. This has actually happened several times (noticeable enough that I stopped playing Bo). Also on top of that there's another glitch that's only happened to me in Private and Player matches. I use alternate controls and mid match between rounds the game reverts back to default controls. I highly doubt this could be a controller malfunction, but I'm not sure what's causing it. I figured it'd be worth mentioning before ESL so we don't have somebody reporting the same glitch in a match.

Siontis

Noob
[Tuna420, post: 2067948, member: 34063"]@tylerlansdown @colt Hey I thought this would be noteworthy to point out. I was testing Alien's strings against opponents in the corner to find out where all the gaps were. When I got to doing the b1 1 3 into bf4 I came across this. This only happens in the corner and as far as I know only a few characters can escape this. What is happening is that the game is thinking that Alien is in the corner so when you enter a reversal here you have to enter the inputs as if you were facing the corner. In return this causes reversals to come out in the wrong direction. It's situational but if you've ever tried to armor through this gap in the corner and miss it--its not your fault.

I also spotted this bug too. This has actually happened several times (noticeable enough that I stopped playing Bo). Also on top of that there's another glitch that's only happened to me in Private and Player matches. I use alternate controls and mid match between rounds the game reverts back to default controls. I highly doubt this could be a controller malfunction, but I'm not sure what's causing it. I figured it'd be worth mentioning before ESL so we don't have somebody reporting the same glitch in a match.

[/QUOTE]
I have noticed the control issue too before deleting the game for good because unresponsive controls +game crashes = totally unplayable . I can't wait for the next patch so I can play MK again.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The exact same thing happens to me but I am playing on PS4 . I believe that the crash issue has something to do with the pre XL saved progress but since the developer refuses to say anything about it , probably it's still under investigation ( I hope). I have already deleted my progress (I had unlocked the entire krypt and the Dragon King set ) and the game until a patch or an official workaround comes out. It took me forever to unlock everything through towers and I refuse to spend another minute on this game because this crash comes with the error CE -34878-0 and it means corrupted data when it occurs. I have sold my vanilla MKX copy (I have bought KP1 and KP2 for it ) and bought the XL disc , but the game crashes for people who have the XL disc too. Can this 16 bit guy enlighten us about the crash issues?
Glad to see I'm not alone on this glitch lol. Interesting how it's happened on PS4 too, I'm on Xbox One so apparently this is a universal glitch. So we know that much, hopefully can be fixed with a quick fix down the line. I too have noticed this happening ever since the XL update I have the XL edition however that's mostly for collection purposes, the standard game I use is MK X but just updated with the latest update few weeks back. I don't know about PS4 but on Xbox when it freezes there is a way to back out without shutting down the xbox which is good while I don't lose my saved unlocked stuff thank God. That would suck if I had to do that all over again.

babalook

Noob
not sure if this is the right place, but I'm on ps4 and it just randomly took me out of an online match and now I can't get past the "reading stats data" loading screen to play online. I've restarted multiple times, any idea how to fix this shit?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Not sure if this has been posted yet because I haven't found a resolution to this.

When I play on xbox one and I'm on either emperors Courtyard destroyed City past and present and the pit stages the screen pans out very far almost to the point I could see a serious chunk of the stage.

If I throw them it does seem to come back in a bit it still feels kinda far. Aslo the matchmaking is very slow and I can't seem to get any sort of great connections.

I'm. Wired btw.

TamedLizard

Buff George
not sure if this is the right place, but I'm on ps4 and it just randomly took me out of an online match and now I can't get past the "reading stats data" loading screen to play online. I've restarted multiple times, any idea how to fix this shit?
I can't play online I can get to the menu but can't connect to matches
PSN was down for about an hour. Approximately 12-1am EST.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Need srs help.

After the MKXL, adding the dlc and stuff, my friend has been suffering huge connection stability issues. Any help?

He has the Internet connection of a god. He is roughly 70mb download and upload speed and connection used to be flawless.

It lags in every game mode,even practise. It only lags on MK

He has tried
-resetting router (>10times)
-deleting game and reinstalling
-deleting saved data
-cleaning disk
-drinking bleach

You guys might know ?
@tylerlansdown @1man3letters @16 Bit

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Had something funny to say. Lost it...Imma try that drinking bleach thing. Seems to legit. But is it enough to Quit

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

but seriously i would of said it was maybe a port issue untill you said every mode is lagging??
his internet connection shoulnt effect offline stuttering or did u just mean evry online mode?
i know there the thing where if you go straight from online to training mode the online lag sim gets turned on until you reset the game.
also he's wired yeah?

ps.70mb internet is that of mere mortals but seem godly to the wirless heathens like yourself :p

gibster13

A fan of fans

but seriously i would of said it was maybe a port issue untill you said every mode is lagging??
his internet connection shoulnt effect offline stuttering or did u just mean evry online mode?
i know there the thing where if you go straight from online to training mode the online lag sim gets turned on until you reset the game.
also he's wired yeah?

ps.70mb internet is that of mere mortals but seem godly to the wirless heathens like yourself :p
He is wired.
If he goes straight to practise and not online, it lags.
Strange video

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I swear to God every God damn update or patch happens we get the damn instant declined and unable to connect to matches seriously what the hell are they doing in these updates that thats fuck the online up so much?