What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
The xbox 360 controller was so smooth and I never had any problem with it. But DS4 doesn't do a lot of the things I want it to do.

For example, when I try
1, it will do
1, and the move simply won't come out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/
me and my brother are experiencing the same thing here, cept he is doing :u+:r and its coming out as :u.

and in other instances he does :l:d, and its coming out as :l:qtlnext input, which isn't on the characters move list.... it is a problem we are also having on the DS4 dpad.

my hori doesn't do this on any of the 3 D-pad settings!

still i think im gonna get an XB1 and if i still have issues i think ill be done with MKX if the online isn't improved, to me that and online is making this game unplayable! so to me thew game is unplayable and not worth the time and effort!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
A lot of times, I'll go to use SZ slide on reaction to try and lo-pro zoning, then get a jump backwards.

I've noticed it, but I can't say it's the pad. Probably fumbling the execution.

NKZero

Noob
The pad is definitely the issue imo but I've gotten used to everything I was having problems with. It didn't take too long either so it's not a problem now.

I just have a problem mistiming things.

As stated before I'm playing on PC.. I'm switching between xbox one controller and ps4..
I get alot more random jumps with the ps4 no question about it :(

Enigma

Noob
me and my brother are experiencing the same thing here, cept he is doing :u+:r and its coming out as :u.

and in other instances he does :l:d, and its coming out as :l:qtlnext input, which isn't on the characters move list.... it is a problem we are also having on the DS4 dpad.

my hori doesn't do this on any of the 3 D-pad settings!

still i think im gonna get an XB1 and if i still have issues i think ill be done with MKX if the online isn't improved, to me that and online is making this game unplayable! so to me thew game is unplayable and not worth the time and effort!
yes, so many times I have tried to do jip or jik but njp comes out instead. It's pretty damn annoying.

so you use the hori controller for ps4? do yo not experience these issues with that controller?

But DS4 doesn't do a lot of the things I want it to do.

For example, when I try
1, it will do
1, and the move simply won't come out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/
In MK9 it probably would've come out anyway lol the input system is very weird in MKX
The ps4 pad does make it alot worse tho... moves come out way easier with ps2 controller for me

Enigma

Noob
In MK9 it probably would've come out anyway lol the input system is very weird in MKX
The ps4 pad does make it alot worse tho... moves come out way easier with ps2 controller for me
Hm..I should think about getting a ps2 controller then. I dont even like playing the game bcause my moves just wont freaking come out

As someone who absolutely loves fighting games and is trying my best to level up my game by attending as many local events as I can, would you guys recommend going for the Hori FC4?

I've been playing on the DS4 however recently my dpads have started to give out, looking for a recommendation

Thanks!

played a local tourney last night with the ps4 pad and i had to show great restraint to not throw the thing across the room :confused: - the xbox one dpad is so much better, the triggers lack a little tho :(

seriously considering a hori fc4

n1kosh

Train harder

Has anyone faced such a problem:
R2 only in MKX allways breaks. This button is always in action.

Discus?

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I haven't experienced this myself, but a plethora of other people have. It's one of the biggest issues people seem to have next to not liking the D-pad. You're definitely not alone, dude.

I believe @HoneyBee had an issue with it before, amongst others.