What's new

The MK11 New Meta and Gameplay Info Thread

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I also think the characters teased with fan art in the countdown before the reveal are likely. Those would be Smoke, Reptile, Tanya and some others. Some(not the ones I just listed) have already been confirmed outside of the gameplay reveal.
yeah... who was dat Female Noob looking character though?

Jynks

16bit defiantly said it is reduced chip. Also it is has zero recovery so you can flawless guard many fast attacks in a row ... kinda like those SF parries.

Also Flawless Block takes 1 bar of both defence and offence and works like this... your getting hit by a 3 hit string.. you blocking.. you know the thrid hit will come.. so you release block and then tap it on the hit to FB, giving you the count advantage.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
In the demo there were three variations to choose from. Are there always going to be three base variations that people can choose from?

Yeah. The game will come with the “regulation” versions of the character, and you can add to one and build it. We’re kind of still thinking about whether we want to make those three fixed. We can let you copy and paste and then build from there, but I’m personally leaning towards having some base ones, certainly for competitive and tournaments.

I've extracted this from an interview to Ed Boon, you can find it here:

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2019/01/17/ed-boon-talks-mortal-kombat-11s-variations-changes-and-roster

Are we sure we don't want custom variations for competitive play? I think it would be very fun if balanced.

Jynks

right... so it is 3 variations for competitive and therefor all the "gear moves" are again useless for the competitive scene. This is a real bummer. Dose that mean there is two ranked modes... one for gearless and one for geared?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Flawless block doesn't take Stamina, however block attack punish which is the flawless block amplification does take 1 bar of each, you can clearly see in this segment.

The instant sonya F.Block Skarlet the game says flawless block and you take the reduced chip damage.

However if you can Amplify that Flawless block which results into launching an opponent but it takes meter from both offense and defense meters.

Last edited:

Jynks

Flawless block doesn't take Stamina, however block attack punish which is the flawless block follow up does take 1 bar of each, you can clearly see in this segment.

ahhhhhh.... gotya.. I was woundering how the "multi-FB" was supposed to work they talked about if it used the bars. So you can FB as much as you like it is the counter that uses the bars.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
In the demo there were three variations to choose from. Are there always going to be three base variations that people can choose from?

Yeah. The game will come with the “regulation” versions of the character, and you can add to one and build it. We’re kind of still thinking about whether we want to make those three fixed. We can let you copy and paste and then build from there, but I’m personally leaning towards having some base ones, certainly for competitive and tournaments.

I've extracted this from an interview to Ed Boon, you can find it here:

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2019/01/17/ed-boon-talks-mortal-kombat-11s-variations-changes-and-roster

Are we sure we don't want custom variations for competitive play? I think it would be very fun if balanced.
Paulo said that in competitive MK11, each character is gonna have preset balanced variations to choose from. Different characters might have different amounts, and they want to try to release more for characters over time. Pretty sick.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
right... so it is 3 variations for competitive and therefor all the "gear moves" are again useless for the competitive scene. This is a real bummer. Dose that mean there is two ranked modes... one for gearless and one for geared?
Paulo said that in competitive MK11, each character is gonna have preset balanced variations to choose from. Different characters might have different amounts, and they want to try to release more for characters over time.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Paulo said that in competitive MK11, each character is gonna have preset balanced variations to choose from. Different characters might have different amounts, and they want to try to release more for characters over time. Pretty sick.
I'm super happy that they plan to release more as the game evolves, but not having custom variation in tournaments is a huge bummer for me. I was really looking forward to it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm super happy that they plan to release more as the game evolves, but not having custom variation in tournaments is a huge bummer for me. I was really looking forward to it.
Same but it's probably too hectic, especially if they are something you have to unlock

Jynks

Assuming the entire game is not undermined by zoning... which I do not think it will be as the projectiles combined with the float seem easy to avoid. (Dragon adjusted on the fly to aoid and combo punish Baraka within one game and he had the fastest projectiles in the demo)....

BUT ... assuming zoneing isn't broken.. this feels like a game that will really push the skill cap. It seems complex and hard for beginners. It is massively footsy based and has great defensive options (something the competitive scene in and outside NRS has been asking for) and this "new" Street Fighter Alpha style parry thing.... It just seems completely geared for high level skill based competitive play.

The real problem is the learning curve it appears to have. A lot of scrubs and new players will be trying it out and playing terribly and translating that into stream hate and twitter hate.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
yeah... who was dat Female Noob looking character though?
Not sure which one you mean, I could have missed it. But I'm guessing a gender bent Noob.

But I feel like they could have shown a ton of different characters but they specifically showed a lot of art for the ninjas, Tanya and the other characters who are/most likely are confirmed. Seems like they deliberately chose the artwork for characters that will be included, but maybe I'm just hopeful because I really want all the Ninjas lol

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
The hosts had a ton more energy.. but the "streamer show matches" were fucking bullshit compared to the pro matches in the US. I mean seriously were we supposed to know them? Why didn't they get actual EU pros?
Agree, they could take K&M, Foxy, Madzin, Nivek etc.

Ger187

Noob
Dont know if it was asked before, but is the block button back? And how the dashes work? Like MKX or MK9?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The (apparent) lack of mobility leads to that conclusion, the lack of run in particular. If there any characters with moves like reptile's dash in MKX or Kabal's nomad dash, seems they will have significant advantage to those that can otherwise only walk or jump
And to add that. The only way to deal against this zoning would be to have a defensive tool, like Sub's IK, or teleport, or even air dashing (like Kitana's air buttdash).

I might hit Kabal, if Fujin isn't there, since Kabal is the fastest char out there.