What's new

The MK10 Story Wishlist. (Spoilers ahead, in case you're brand new.)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wishes:

1. Soulnado rips Noob Saibot and Bi-Han apart. Bi-Han continues as evil human Sub-Zero, while Noob Saibot joins with human Smoke for ridiculous tag-team awesomeness.
2. Kuai Liang stays as a cyborg. People seem to like him that way.
3. Onaga as the main baddie.
4. Taven as either an unlockable character (introduced at the end of the story) or as DLC content.
Evil? Could've sworn he was neutral before his soul was tainted or whatever in MKM:SZ. It doesn't make sense that he'd be outright evil with Noob no longer dormant inside him, nor would he fit the babyface persona, being the OG spine ripper and all, keep him neutral.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah guys the white ninja bit, could be a fast ninja with little to no super powers or perhaps another Lin Kuei ninja?

How about Smog or Steam? Have him white! lol
A whited garmed, Lin Kuei ninja? How about we call him..

Vanilla Ice :bigsmile:

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
i always thought an earth elemental ninja would be the most probable and most fun addition, but I guess he'd have to be brown...
If Ashrah ended up being modded AS a white female ninja I'd be pretty damn happy (I just want her in the next game).

Storywise, I'd really like to see them flesh out the "revenge" characters of the later series. Jarek is definitely "meh", but Mavado was always really cool imo and there's a lot you can do with his story. Fujin could be sent by the white lotus to extract revenge on Raiden for his bout of madness. Actually, if they invented a whole new white lotus character in lieu of Liu's death, it would give NRS a lot of room to play around.

Bringing in the other realms would allow for an excuse to bring back favorite characters. Perhaps chaosrealm and orderrealm would join sides in the netherrealm/earthrealm fight, like a MK universe equivalent of a world war. Interesting twist: orderrealm joins forces with netherrealm because the goal is ultimate unified control; this would allow Hotaru on the evil side of things, and Havik to join with earthrealm warriors against totalitarian netherrealm.

I'd love to see the Tartakans play more of a role in upcoming games. I'd say the same for Zaterrans, but, ya know, Reptile's got highlander syndrome and whatnot.

It would be cool if they can make a character with no special moves at all but with 90% straight up physical combos, except for the character, it needs some ridiculous ass hell inputs, such as half circle+213(together)+half circle, b+L2+r1+2, 100 full circles+l2, r2, l1, r1, 2 2 22 2 2 2, street fighter style, that way no one would pick him.

Zebster

How's my volume?
It would be cool if they can make a character with no special moves at all but with 90% straight up physical combos, except for the character, it needs some ridiculous ass hell inputs, such as half circle+213(together)+half circle, b+L2+r1+2, 100 full circles+l2, r2, l1, r1, 2 2 22 2 2 2, street fighter style, that way no one would pick him.
Sounds more like a tekken character to me.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Raiden: "I offer the souls of earthrealm warriors who die in this conflict."

Quan-chi: "MUAHAHAHAHAHA"

I predict Liu Kang will be back. Just not himself. XD

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Am I the only one that wants Mileena to actually take over as Empress of Outworld?
No you are not, sir.
It makes sense, since in the DA-A series, Kitana had the army and Mileena was sidequesting it, this time Mileena can run her own show while Kitana slowly makes her way back from the dead.
Queen Mileena would rule, but I like psychotic teenager I MADE YOU A TEDDY! Mileena.

i always thought an earth elemental ninja would be the most probable and most fun addition, but I guess he'd have to be brown...
If Ashrah ended up being modded AS a white female ninja I'd be pretty damn happy (I just want her in the next game).

Storywise, I'd really like to see them flesh out the "revenge" characters of the later series. Jarek is definitely "meh", but Mavado was always really cool imo and there's a lot you can do with his story. Fujin could be sent by the white lotus to extract revenge on Raiden for his bout of madness. Actually, if they invented a whole new white lotus character in lieu of Liu's death, it would give NRS a lot of room to play around.

Bringing in the other realms would allow for an excuse to bring back favorite characters. Perhaps chaosrealm and orderrealm would join sides in the netherrealm/earthrealm fight, like a MK universe equivalent of a world war. Interesting twist: orderrealm joins forces with netherrealm because the goal is ultimate unified control; this would allow Hotaru on the evil side of things, and Havik to join with earthrealm warriors against totalitarian netherrealm.

I'd love to see the Tartakans play more of a role in upcoming games. I'd say the same for Zaterrans, but, ya know, Reptile's got highlander syndrome and whatnot.

A Baraka/Reptile rivalry would be awesome.

Chaosrealm siding with good while Orderrealm sides with evil because of the have-to-maintain-balance snafu? That'd ruuule.
And it'd make sense, seeing as a the end of Konquest, Hotaru gets the province of that one guy who wouldn't give up his head, so he's eventually supposed to establish a presence in Outworld, and he's definitely not the nicest guy.
Who the fuck puts somebody in jail for decades for being out after curfew? Hotaru, that's who.

If MK10 is gonna have Kabal, it HAS to have Mavado and Hsu Hao. Fuck the haters, I liked Hsu Hao. Sun Moon Style, all day.
That was one of my favorite sidestories, the Dragon blood feud, and how in Armageddon, they tied it into the beginning of EVERYTHING with Daegon being woken up early and forming the Red Dragon. Bring all the Dragons back, maybe give Kira and Skarlet a storyline link so there's an explanation for there being two angry redheads with pointy objects in the same game. Establish her, Kabal and Kobra in the Netherrealm or Outworld or somewhere of an evil nature. Maybe they were both former members that got the shaft, something to that effect, give the 3 of them something in common to unite them, and POOF, here comes the muh'fuckin brand new, eviled-up Black Dragon, coming for Mavado, and Hsu, and Kano too.

Fujin coming back to fight off Evil Crazy Raiden would make perfect sense.
Instead of a new Monk, just give me Evil Kang and Bo Rai Cho.

ASHRAAAAAH

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
I think, even as unpopular as this will be, the dead should stay dead. (Hard for me aswell, because I love me some Kabal and KL) They should really let the post MK3 characters shine. Give them a proper try this time around. Maybe Jarek won't be so boring this time around (maybe?)

The Chaos vs. order thing could be amazing with Havik, Hotaru, Dairou and Darrius if done properly.

Kano attempts to bolster the black dragon with new recruits Kobra and Kira? Again, characters that are reviled, but the game needs jobbers, and people made it clear they don't want Reptile and Baraka to be punching bags. I don't think anyone would have a problem with routinely smacking around these two.

Maybe have Kenshi, Skarlet, and Rain explain were doing during the events of MK9, and all 3 should definitely make a return in MK10.

Dunno, just really want these generally hated characters to get a second chance. I think we may see a lot of never before seen faces, though...

RoGE

Noob
-Ermac being powerful now that his control has been released, they made him out to be so powerful in his MKD ending.. But then stryker beats him in MK9's story mode. STRYKER BEATS ERMAC...WTF?

The MK team need to look up more info about the 2D games as well, theres just too many plot holes, I guess since its a reboot they decide to retcon a ton of stuff.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
I can see JC becoming the main hero
But as a Liu fanboy, I'd rather that not happen :)

Justice

Noob
No matter how many games they make, they always find new and interesting bring back "dead" characters. So for Story Mode, we will see the "Deadly Alliance" of Shang Tsung/Quan Chi, Shao Khan will be back as head boss, Zombie Liu as an alt skin (unlockable probably), Tanya cuz she was just badass and important to the story if I remember correctly. It will also mean Frost and Sub Zero in the same game :darthvader:

From a business standpoint though, I doubt we will get Frost, even as DLC simply because she is too similar to Subby and having her, Subby and Cyber-Subby all on the same roster I doubt will go over very well. Frost is like a cult heroine, but not enough appeal to make a decision like that.

1. In Story Mode, Shang Tsung was noticeably absent from the lineup of souls in Quan Chi's possession, presumably because he was absorbed by Shao Kahn and transferred to Sindel. Also, remember that Shang's story trailer said that he bound himself to Kahn in exchange for greater power. So how about this: 1) Shang's soul was still held by Kahn after the transfer; and 2) the Elder Gods liberate all of the souls in Kahn's possession when he gets beamed up to wherever they've taken him. This leaves the door open for the return of evil Shang or possibly even a heel face turn cuz after the Outworld tournament Quan Chi totally sandbagged him man! Which leads into my next wish...

2. I'm guessing the forces of Outworld won't be too keen on a Netherrealm invasion. Here I'd like to see an Outworld "civil war" so to speak. Let's say Reptile sides with Shinnok like he did in MK4 because he still hopes to see the resurrection of his race. Maybe throw Baraka in there as well cuz he's a heel like that. As others have said, Mileena might have taken over the throne of Outworld since she is Shao Kahn's "daughter." The Shokan could side with her since they might end up being on the low end of the totem pole in an Outworld ruled by Shinnok (what would he need with them when he already has an endless horde of Netherrealm demons?)

3. Liu Kang was a jerk by the end of Story Mode, even though I can understand his frustration with Raiden by that point. Liu Kang returns as a Scorpion 2.0 like figure who will not rest until he's earned vengeance against the Thunder God who killed him. Perhaps a major plot point of the new story could be Liu realizing that he's become a monster under his new masters QC and Shinnok, and his slow road to redemption.

4. Kano's still around, and he's identified as the leader of the Black Dragon in the new timeline, so I see no reason to bring Jarek into the picture.

5. Johnny Cage gets powered up after some time in Seido, and becomes the new leader of the Earthrealm warriors. I hope he still keeps his old personality though.

6. Sektor becomes the new leader of the Lin Kuei and sides with Shinnok. Cyrax rebels and takes some of the Lin Kuei with him (hello Tremor?)

7. I'll wager dollars to pesos that we'll see all of the dead Earthrealm warriors from MK9 be resurrected somehow. Kabal might still be a little sore about Raiden getting him killed and return to the Black Dragon. Here's one thing I don't get though: Cyber Subs had his free will restored when he was captured by the Earthrealm warriors, but when he's in QC's lineup his soul is roboticized. You'd think it'd be in human form. Personally, I'd like to see Kuai Liang human again. Perhaps a newly good Shang could whip up a nice clone body for him...?

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
3. Liu Kang was a jerk by the end of Story Mode, even though I can understand his frustration with Raiden by that point. Liu Kang returns as a Scorpion 2.0 like figure who will not rest until he's earned vengeance against the Thunder God who killed him. Perhaps a major plot point of the new story could be Liu realizing that he's become a monster under his new masters QC and Shinnok, and his slow road to redemption.
I, freaking, LOVE THIS

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
-Ermac being powerful now that his control has been released, they made him out to be so powerful in his MKD ending.. But then stryker beats him in MK9's story mode. STRYKER BEATS ERMAC...WTF?

The MK team need to look up more info about the 2D games as well, theres just too many plot holes, I guess since its a reboot they decide to retcon a ton of stuff.
Ermac was jobbing and only reason Stryker beat Ermac was because of plot, just like when Sonya knocked Raiden on his ass(Raiden let it happen) because he was trying to help her, not fight her...

If Ermac actually tried, he would have teared Stryker apart literally lol....

I do like it how Ermac becomes way more powerful once he's not under Kahn's control anymore, like you said in MK D ending he owned what like 7 of the other good guys yet without even trying to defeat them while communing with Liu Kang's soul...

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Im not to concerned considering the mk storylines have always interested me. As long as they DO NOT SHUN NIGHTWOLF! I have no clue how they can bring him back but he must be brought back in some way. He has been left out in the past but he shall not be left out in this game.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Naked Quan Chi has more priority on this list. Why are there no man-whores in MK?!
O_O

You better be taking notes, NRS.

13. Liu Kang was a jerk by the end of Story Mode, even though I can understand his frustration with Raiden by that point. Liu Kang returns as a Scorpion 2. like figure who will not rest until he's earned vengeance against the Thunder God who killed him. Perhaps a major plot point of the new story could be Liu realizing that he's become a monster under his new masters QC and Shinnok, and his slow road to redemption.
I wonder where and when Bo Rai'Cho would come in and try to save Liu Kang and Kung Lao. But then again, they are now independent men and i'm sure he will have a different purpsoe in the game if he appears in the next game.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Im not to concerned considering the mk storylines have always interested me. As long as they DO NOT SHUN NIGHTWOLF! I have no clue how they can bring him back but he must be brought back in some way. He has been left out in the past but he shall not be left out in this game.
I agree. I think the way he dispatched Sindel was really questionable...kind of like when Raiden suicide bombed in the beginning of Deception, yet was still a fundamental part of the plot.
There were a lot of sub-plots in that particular game/Konquest mode that, with a few role reversals, would still be very much applicable.

At the risk of using way too many big words...it's always been said that energy can't be destroyed; only reallocated.
And existance itself, according to the mythology, is split into the 6 Realms that comprise the consciousness of the One Being.
What if...when someone dies/is dissipated/meets some terrible end under a certain set of circumstances in one realm depending on the nature of their demise and/or the nature of their being - good, bad, neutral, psychotic, etc. - they're brought back into existance in another, and it's up to the Elder Gods - each of whom holds dominion over a different realm, which is what it looks like theyll be leading to with that cutscene in the New Nexus when they shot down Raiden's request - to decide what becomes of them. Would explain why it's impossible for anyone to stay dead in MK, would open logical options to bring back any of the dead/vanished needed for MK10, and in the event Onaga and his super-revival powers return, it would answer those too; he has the ability to summon souls from any realm he chooses. And it doesn't count as breaking the rules of the God's choice, because the choice has already been made, and whatever happens afterward is irrelevant.

Thoughts?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I also think Kung Lao should play a better role this time.
Yeah, he should stay dead :) haha :p

Liu Kang will come back but maybe not as himself?

Hey rattlehead, NW could come back via the Elder Gods bringing him back(if they want by request of Raiden) who knows....they are the God of MKU afterall, created all the realms etc they just don't like getting involved half the time lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Anybody who can do the glowing blue badass things Nightwolf can do has gotta have a friend or two amongst the Elders.

He'll be back. Maybe he'll have a hat.