What's new

The MK10 Story Wishlist. (Spoilers ahead, in case you're brand new.)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So it dawns on me...for all the dispute over the physics of the game, I see little talk of its future.

I don't know about you guys, but I thought the redux storyline of 9 was a brilliant way to re-energize the legend, and as a HUGE mark for the PS2 games (Armageddon was a clusterfuck and a half, but I get what it was trying to accomplish...for the most part), I'm really hoping they carry the time warp and everything that's gonna come out differently as a result of Raiden getting half the cast killed.
IIRC, it panned out thusly...

Definitely Still Alive: Raiden, Cage, Sonya, Quan Chi, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Baraka, Sheeva, Cyrax, Sektor, Goro, Kintaro, Mileena (I think), and by default: Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain. Survivors. Yay.

Alive To The Best Of Our Assumptions: Kano. He got frozen in the Bell Tower, Goro and Kintaro thawed and got their asses kicked, and that was the end of it. But I'm predicting he got out. You can't kill Kano. He just...doesn't die. Well, no one really stays dead at all, but Kano doesn't die to begin with.

Hopelessly Lost, But Possibly Alive: Noob Saibot. My guess is the soulnado led him to Chaosrealm where he meets Havik.

Plain Outright Dead At The Moment: Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Jade (I think.). I'm still hoping for the possibility of the Shang/Kang good and evil switch happening, so I doubt they wont be back. The 2'nd Deadly Alliance, with Liu in Shang Tsung's place and the addition of Shinnok AND Havik, in the same game? Brutal Win.
Jade...not so sure.

Either Dead, Or In A Fool's Sorcerer's Possession: Sub-Zero, Sindel, Nightwolf, Jax, Stryker, Kabal, Smoke, Kitana, Kung Lao. I don't see them carrying on without their #2 marquee guy in Sub, or a few of the most popular character in 9, so whatever adventures take place in the Netherrealm will most likely wind up bringing some of them back. Still, that's a hell of a death list.

You still have everyone you need if Onaga reappears as well. Cyrax to go into the volcano, Reptile to serve as the vessel.

Ermac still goes to the Netherrealm and turns to good when he meets Ashrah. Scorpion hunts Quan Chi. Baraka and Mileena take over Outworld with the Tarkatan hordes. Sektor builds the Tekunin army. Can all still happen.

I dont know what they're going to do with all the casualties, but judging from what I've seen thus far (and given the fact that the Challenge Tower was littered with pictures of Seido and the rest of the realms) they're going to be going back to the 6-realm scenario. Wondering how they're going to fit Shujinko in: I don't know whether or not he was dead in the Pyramid Of Argus intro, but maybe there could be some loophole in the rules of all the stuff he was doing that while he was all incapacitated and near death and Shao Kahn came back to hammersmash Raiden, something allowed him to get looped back into the new timeline, but he's the only one who remembers. Maybe. Just shooting spitballs in the dark.

So, since I know I'm not the only one hoping this angle keeps rolling in the right direction, what do YOU want to see transpire in the coming future of Mortal Kombat? WHO do you want to see return with a vengeance never before seen? What would be your ideal idea?

I want to see proper, orderly Hotaru get eaten alive by vicious, bloodborne Skarlet. That'd be a damn good fight.

Discuss.

I want to see Cage turning from his pretty-boy self into a total badass. Think about it: with Liu Kang gone, Cage is the strongest non-god in Earthrealm. I would love for MK10 to show Cage's transformation from pretty-boy into badass.

aj1701

Noob
I hope the continuation of the story excludes most of the MK4 and on cast. I don't want a most the same story, lets go off in a whole new direction and see what brand new characters they can come up with.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I hope the continuation of the story excludes most of the MK4 and on cast. I don't want a most the same story, lets go off in a whole new direction and see what brand new characters they can come up with.
Keep Reiko, Fujin, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Ashrah, Shujinko, and Havik. Make Shinnok unlockable/playable.
The rest I can pretty much live without if I have to.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Wishes:

1. Soulnado rips Noob Saibot and Bi-Han apart. Bi-Han continues as evil human Sub-Zero, while Noob Saibot joins with human Smoke for ridiculous tag-team awesomeness.
2. Kuai Liang stays as a cyborg. People seem to like him that way.
3. Onaga as the main baddie.
4. Taven as either an unlockable character (introduced at the end of the story) or as DLC content.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
+A Banana :moonwalk: for splitting Noob and Bi-Han. We'd get to keep all three. Brilliant, sir.

You can't be a fan of MK3D and not love going berserk with the tag team antics of Noob and Smoke.

If they collected the entire story between MK4 through Armageddon, I guess it'd go sub-boss Shinnok, sub-boss Onaga, and main boss Blaze (since altered timeline or not, the whole thing still technically revolves around the Edenian prophecy/Taven/Pyramid Of Argus, etc.), with a regular sized pre-final-battle Blaze as a playable character.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
MK10 becomes a survival horror game where you play as johnny cage and hunt down the newly zombified cast.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I want to see Cage turning from his pretty-boy self into a total badass. Think about it: with Liu Kang gone, Cage is the strongest non-god in Earthrealm. I would love for MK10 to show Cage's transformation from pretty-boy into badass.
Johnny Cage - the one in the ending in ladder mode. Pure awesomeness!

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Some things to keep in mind:

1. A good chunk of the Earthrealm warriors are dead, but Outworld has also lost three of their most dedicated leaders (Shao Kahn/Sindel/Shang Tsung), got trolled by Quan Chi, and, as far as I know, Goro and Kintaro will probably pledge their allegiance to Shinnok.

2. Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are dead, so there is neither a reason nor a possibility of the old school Deadly Alliance existing. So Quan Chi might be going solo like Shang did in the first game.

3. Shinnok has the ability to create clones. Which means Quan Chi does not necessarily mean he controls everyone's souls.

4. Sektor and Cyrax are off-duty somewhere.

Now, what I'd like to see:

1. Raiden attempting the same "He Must Win" strategy when Shinnok decides to invade Earthrealm, but Shinnok, knowing the rules himself, just toys with him.

2. Netherrealm also invades Outworld in an clash of Freaks v Zombies, forcing the new empress, Mileena, to keep in gates.

3. Raiden starts working backwards and goes to form an alliance with Outworld. However, as the forces of Outworld are rather reluctant, they are forced into Mortal Kombat, where Raiden manages to merge both realms in Earthrealm's favor.

4. Proceed from there.

I wanna see Shinnok, Kai, Fujin, and other underrated characters get the same redesign love that Stryker and company got. I would love to go beasting with a revamped Kai.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Raiden will ask the Elder Gods to resurrect the fallen or some of the fallen, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Smoke, NW, Sindel etc(who shouldn't be compromised anymore by Shao Kahn)

Or they should give Raiden the power to do so...

Fujin, Shinnok you know will be in MK10, no doubt. Reiko, Tanya, Jarek etc will probably be there, I do think that the good guys will be resurrected(which boon already hinted at) saying "since everyone dies, you know you probably haven't seen the last of them" and Vogel saying in the past "In MK, nobody ever REALLY dies for good or stays dead" lol

So....

People who need to be back:

-Ermac, now like Sindel since Shao Kahn is dead, he should be cleansed of his control....unless Kenshi still frees him at some point like he did originally and Ermac becomes good that way. Ermac has to be good though at some point :) and come back.

-Kenshi, same as Ermac due to plot needs to be back

-We all know Sub-Zero will be back one way or another(Kuai Liang), question is will be be brought back as a Cyber ninja or back to his human form by Raiden's request? hmmm remember, Boon said based on the popularity and feedback of C. Sub, will determine which one comes back in the future. I remember him saying this in an interview.

-Quan-Chi, obvious reasons needs to be back

-Scorpion will be back and find out about QC killing his family, clan etc and blaming Sub-Zero.

-Netherrealm will invade Earth and OW, but ultimately fail.

-Pretty much anyone that is still alive needs to come back

-Sektor needs to come back, or assume command of Lin Kuei until Sub is back, then he and the others along with Smoke, Cyrax will defeat Sektor, he'll flee to make the Tekunin while Sub becomes the new Grand Master.

-If Kabal comes back, maybe he'll be pissed for Raiden letting him and the others die so he'll leave, and become the new leader of the Black Dragon without Havik's influence

The Baddies who survived MK9, like Mileena, Sektor, Tanya, (maybe Skarlet), Rain etc

New Characters/newer who need to return in MK10:

-Havik, he would fit well and being as how Netherrealm will create chaos and anarchy Havik is bound to show up at some point.

-Bo Rai Cho, ok I can do without him but I can see him popping up

-Kai, for obvious reasons

-Dairou, Hotaru I want to see back....just not Darrius..lol

They should do a thing like in the beginning of next game, 10 years have passed or something in the time of post MK9 and before MK10...Shinnok gathers his armies while Raiden is fixing Earthrealm.

I also think that there should be a few more characters too perhaps, maybe a new ninja? Would like to see a white ninja.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Some things to keep in mind:

1. A good chunk of the Earthrealm warriors are dead, but Outworld has also lost three of their most dedicated leaders (Shao Kahn/Sindel/Shang Tsung), got trolled by Quan Chi, and, as far as I know, Goro and Kintaro will probably pledge their allegiance to Shinnok.
With you so far, yes.

2. Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are dead, so there is neither a reason nor a possibility of the old school Deadly Alliance existing. So Quan Chi might be going solo like Shang did in the first game.
My biggest, most longshottiest hope with this problem is that all three of their respective endings end up happening and they legit flip the sides of the Alliance: Technically, Shang Tsung didnt die so much as he was absorbed, so theres bound to be a loophole somewhere where he can be brought back(hopefully Sindel and Nightwolf as well) and end up all lost and broken in Outworld or Earthrealm after having failed as a villain, to be brought back to stability and rehabbed into a good guy by Bo Rai Cho. The odds of Quan Chi being duped by Shinnok and left to die in the Netherrealm at some point are pretty high, but in the midst of being chased by Scorpion, they both collide with Ashrah, who purifies them both of their various assorted evils, leaving Scorpion to become the Elder Gods' true Champion, and QC to...well, I'm not sure, honestly, the man's been evil so long, idk what his plans would be were he to be freed of Shinnok's bullshit and made a bit more human, and would play into whatever Raiden's new plan is automatically given that he's got the final piece of the Kamidogu puzzle. But the $$$ shot is making Liu Kang the villain. It has to happen. Given how he died, all the horrible shit he saw happen before hand, bitterness, rage, etc., AND throw in the possibility of his former allies aligning with former enemies turned good for the sake of all existance? If corrupted, he'd be Shinnok's ultimate weapon, negating the need for the silver sorcerer, and there's always the possibility of Zombie Kung Lao at their disposal as a bargaining chip to be revived or done away with later.

3. Shinnok has the ability to create clones. Which means Quan Chi does not necessarily mean he controls everyone's souls.
Mmhmm. The bodies in he gauntlet were just that: bodies. The real souls of the fallen are in all likelihood still in play.

4. Sektor and Cyrax are off-duty somewhere.
I think they'd be better off sticking with the original plan for these two: Cyrax gets lost and reprogrammed by Sonya to fight for good, then gets lost AGAIN and ends up working for Nitara to find the dragon egg, Sektor gets his ass kicked by Kuai Liang and loses the Lin Kuei, but gains the Tekunin Army.

Now, what I'd like to see:

1. Raiden attempting the same "He Must Win" strategy when Shinnok decides to invade Earthrealm, but Shinnok, knowing the rules himself, just toys with him.

2. Netherrealm also invades Outworld in an clash of Freaks v Zombies, forcing the new empress, Mileena, to keep in gates.

3. Raiden starts working backwards and goes to form an alliance with Outworld. However, as the forces of Outworld are rather reluctant, they are forced into Mortal Kombat, where Raiden manages to merge both realms in Earthrealm's favor.

4. Proceed from there.
Every realm involved had a goal in mind before Armageddon...Earthrealm and Edenia stood for peace and stability, Netherrealm: Certain doom, Chaosrealm: complete, unadulterated, unrestricted chaos ("CHAOS! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" That always cracked me up...), Outworld is still anarchist purple fucked up Outworld, whose conquerers are likely gonna be hard at work trying to revive Onaga (it'll tie back in that the idea was originally Shinnok's, but Quan Chi stole it,) Orderrealm stood for law, justice, rules & so forth (to an obsessive, almost tyrannical degree, but there are worse things to stand for, I suppose), so we could be looking at a full fledged WAR OF THE REALMS between Earth, Edenia and Seido facing the Netherrealm, Outworld and Chaosrealm, and in all this, the wildcards will be the prophecized hero, Taven...and Shujinko, who'll probably still have possession of the Kamidogu and will be fought over like fat kids fighting over snacky cakes.

There's a graphic for ya: Shinnok, Havik, Mileena, Baraka, Onaga, and Evil Liu Kang: the NEW Deadly Alliance? Maybe. I wish.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I want to see Cage turning from his pretty-boy self into a total badass.
Cage has never been a 'pretty boy'; he's a egotistical Hollywood actor - he's supposed to be comedic relief for the game. Having an ego and punching you in the dick is what he does. It'd be similar to Sub Zero losing his freezing ability.

Hell, he's one of the few characters done right in this game. Improved on his personality and character substantially. Properly balanced, gave him good normals which fit the character, excels at rushdown and sucks at zoning.

Don't touch him.

Maybe a new ninja? Would like to see a white ninja.
Everything's been done at this point. Ice, Fire, Acid, Smoke, Telekinesis, Blood, Cyborgs - I mean, I'm sure they could muster something else out but god damn. Ninjas! Ninjas everywhere!

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I wasn't really a fan of many of the Deception characters outside of Havik, but if they could redesign Dairou with more personality and made tombstone drop non-god tier I'd be all for it.

Robotic

Gentleman.
That white ninja bit: it was stated in an earlier post and I thought it an interesting idea: Make him light powered. They already have Kratos' Helios head blinder, and since he won't bein MK10, a similar blinding move could be overtaken by a white ninja. The power of light has enormous possibilites in terms of skillset. The only name I could think of that fits the mold without sounding fisher price is Fulgor, but that's already taken.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That white ninja bit: it was stated in an earlier post and I thought it an interesting idea: Make him light powered. They already have Kratos' Helios head blinder, and since he won't bein MK10, a similar blinding move could be overtaken by a white ninja. The power of light has enormous possibilites in terms of skillset. The only name I could think of that fits the mold without sounding fisher price is Fulgor, but that's already taken.
Not if they bring back Ashrah...light was her powerset. Although I am all for a brand new ninja.
You know whatd be cool? An earth or desert-based one. Earthquake attacks, rock smashes, sand blasts/storms, etc...I dont think theres ever been a straight earth elemental.

BTW, your PSN tag...Mushroomhead? :D.

MKF30

Yeah guys the white ninja bit, could be a fast ninja with little to no super powers or perhaps another Lin Kuei ninja?

How about Smog or Steam? Have him white! lol

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
As a Liu Kang fanboy, even I think it's now time for JC to shine in the story.

I'd look forward to it...and Liu Kang being evil...hell yes!

If Kitana isn't in it I'm not buying it.

Jk, there should be plenty of females in the game, the one that I am most interest in is Tanya, she was always my 3d mk favorite.

Raiden goes back in time, and pleads with NRS to make them fix MK9's online. Then Sindel walks in and kills off everyone at NRS, preventing MK9 from even happening. It is now up to Other Ocean to create the next MK game.

MKF30

Yet MK9 only made NRS and WB over 3 mill, so I'm so sure that's happening ^ lol

Besides, OO worked on MKK besides NRS and it's bad online so....

Anyway, as long as Fujin and Ermac and Raiden are in it.