What's new

The Madzin Situation -- Be Careful Who You Trust

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I was one of the few people who knew about this situation with Hatake before it was publicized. I was going to comment earlier, but had to get ready for the weekend.

When I saw Madzin's thread about him needing donations to travel to MLG, I was confused beyond belief. Then after hearing about this, I had to try hard to conceal my disgust. I had just come of my hiatus from the community only to bear witness to the acts of a thief whom we had trusted to help us handle the online tournaments. The fact that Madzin still trusted us enough to come to MLG is a miracle, because I wouldn't blame him if these circumstances turned him off.

A funny note to make is that Hatake and I were in a Skype call after I got off the DownFourCast and I was talking about how I may need to get a new laptop soon. He said he'd offer to upgrade my machine's memory for a fee. I didn't see a problem with that, but I'm just as broke as he must be so it had to wait. Now, I understand what his true ploy was.

The pressure from bills is understandable, but...couldn't you have thought to get help through another way? You thought that depriving a player of his chance to attend the biggest gaming convention was the best way to go about solving your own dilemma? Karma is a bitch, Hatake. Nothing is gained from fucking innocent people over. I myself am not in the best financial situation, but I would never dream of screwing this community over when it doesn't deserve such horrid treatment. You have to realize that you are not the only one faced with these challenges in life, dude. We should be banding together to work through them, not backstabbing one another.

As if that wasn't enough, you post in here over a week ago expressing your apology and your desire to amend this situation, but I see from CrimsonShadow that you've done nothing so far. You've revealed yourself to be a liar and I can't find the right words to express my disappointment in you.

Stains like yourself are not welcome here, as far as I'm concerned. But that's not my judgment to make. I will leave your fate in the hands of Crimson and Pig. Know this, however...if, by some miracle, you manage to correct this mistake, but commit another act of fraud, I will be among the first ones screaming for you to receive a permanent ban from this site. And even that alone won't be enough of a punishment, but it is better than nothing.

CrimsonShadow

On behalf of all of TYM, we thank you for stepping forward to bring some justice and give Madzin the chance he deserves. I am glad you are among us as a community member. :)

Kind of sad how Pig and others try so hard to hold a tournament just for the purposes of helping someone out yet there is so much bad luck surrounded from this selfless act. I imagine in a few months we will discover yet another malicious activity occurring behind the scenes of this online tournament. Hopefully this doesn't discourage people from doing this type of stuff in the future.