What's new

The Madzin Situation -- Be Careful Who You Trust

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I wasn't going to write much about this, but due to issues with Madzin's credibility being in question, I think it's time for everyone to know the truth. So here's what happened:

As you all know, Pig Of The Hut put together a tourney to help pay expenses for a pair of players to get to Dallas. Madzin won his half of the tourney during the first run, and was entitled to receive his prize. However, a few weeks later, Madzin surfaced complaining about a Paypal theft, and explaining that he hadn't gotten the cash and wasn't sure if he could make Dallas.

So what was the reason for this? It turns out that there was no Paypal theft. What actually happened, was that Hatake Osawa, feeling pressure from bills, decided to essentially steal the majority of Madzin's share of the donated money and use it for himself. So he paid Madzin only a piece of it, and then took the rest of it for his own purposes. And then instead of explaining the situation, he decided to keep silent for weeks while ticket prices went up and the situation become more and more tense. Finally he was confronted and had to admit what happened.

This jeopardized Madzin's entire situation with Dallas, and also put his credibility into question with him having to ask for more money at the last minute. A few of us are all pretty angry -- and I'm trying to remain professional and factual with this explanation. Rather than saying what I really want to say.

So, to fix the situation at the last minute and make sure Madzin could make it to Dallas, I forwarded Madzin the $160 he was owed out of my own personal account. Which means Hatake now owes the money to me.

The reason I'm posting now is that Hatake was asked to apologize publicly.. He hasn't done so, and furthermore he's been completely silent on paying back the money. At this point I'm reaching the end of my patience and I'm considering pursuing other measures.

I feel like both Madzin and everyone who donated to the tourney was robbed.. Along with Pig of the Hut, CptXecution and everyone else who helped to put this together.

So that's how it's all gone down.. I wish Madzin the best of luck at Dallas, and this should be a lesson to everyone for the future about who we trust to handle money.

Hatake Osawa if I don't hear from you again in the next couple of weeks about paying back what you owe, I will consider you a thief and treat the situation as such.

Who the fuck is hawkahosfuckwashit and why did you trust him? I would trust people who post regularly and are active, this is the first time I've heard of this clown and why did Madzin address the situation earlier?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Great write up and probably the kindest any of us could have put it

Madzin had to conquer not only his competition but also Hatake and Marvaz (I'm no longer holding any grudge or harsh feelings towards reo about what happened)

Good luck madzin - if u can beat the likes of khaotik, reo and many other in tourney as well as 2 acts of theft then my friend u are destined for great things at MLG

Pig Of The Hut

I feel especially bad for Pig. Does nothing but good things, and sheisty shit goes down.
I appreciate this

I try really hard to help others and seems like most of the time someone finds a great way to shit on it thus creating questions about my credibility or events I run that IN NO way I receive ANY profit

FTR in no way do I want a profit or anything in return

I only want to help players like woundcowboy, dink and madzin or anyone else that wins an event

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Maybe a "better known" face/player should handle the money if there is a next time. Someone we regularly see on streams or tournaments that is in the spotlight, someone we can trust.
I vote Pig.

Pig Of The Hut

Who the fuck is hawkahosfuckwashit and why did you trust him? I would trust people who post regularly and are active, this is the first time I've heard of this clown and why did Madzin address the situation earlier?
Because I asked all parties involved to handle this privately until completely resolved to avoid clutter

I didn't need 50 members here posting their opinions of what we should do or how to handle it

Now that it is rectified this is a great time IMO to make public and crimson is dead on, 2 weeks ago I asked Hatake to pubicily apologize or we would enlighten all of the site forhim

Blackula

Tagging to make him aware cause he lives in his area

Pig Of The Hut

Maybe a "better known" face/player should handle the money if there is a next time. Someone we regularly see on streams or tournaments that is in the spotlight, someone we can trust.
I vote Pig.
I'm extremely trustworthy and be glad to (also I think 1/3 of community knows my address and 80% has my phone # lol)

But I'd like to keep away from this duty ONLY BECaUSE when MKU was hacked I was blamed for something hideous by a few morons and ever since then I promised myself I wouldn't dare put myself near a situation where I could be falsely blamed again

FTR I love the community and these events are my way of trying to help others

I'm proud that I was able to help dink, madzin and cowboy

Also I didn't do it alone. GamerBlake90 @cptexecution and crimson and Reno racks and son oVtimmeT were huge help

Pig Of The Hut

Oh I don't care if it's handled privately. I just wanted to know, who this guy is and how did he get involved in handling the money. Lol.
I was approached by Him near august and he said he needed help putting together an event

I did and took over w cptexecution and asked if he could help by managing the paypal

He's a TO and streamer and Blackula knows him well

I trust Blackula and his friends but I don't know how close they are

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I was on the brink of posting something like this a few weeks back. I had won the MLG redo and heard NOTHING from Hatake. I tried every way possible to get in contact with him and he never responded despite multiple PM's and even a few phone calls and text messages from myself and Pig Of The Hut . It seemed really suspect to me but I was lucky enough to get my money. I am really sorry for Madzin for almost being cheated out of his rightfully earned money. Huge shoutout to CrimsonShadow for picking up the slack.

CRUM

Noob
Damn now I feel like an asshat. I thought Madzin was the schemer. It's really shameful that a small online tournament for a good benefit turned up so much controversy.

I'd like to apologize to Madzin for assuming that he was in the wrong. I think from now on we should only trust the hierarchy of the MK Community like Pig Of The Hut to handle all of the financial stuff. And the tournament organizers should have no part in the PayPal business.